UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:truce: waving my white flag before I proceed...

I truly think we should give Kiirsi a break here. I understand the purpose of sleuthing is to get to the bottom of who did what to whom but there's just so little information out there. Josh Powell is not talking and is apparently heading back to his daddy's gated enclave to for a little more enabling.

Right now, the only one of Susan's friends who can get close enough to Josh is Kiirsi. Until we find something amiss/hinky/shady in her relationship with Josh, I don't think it's fair to even hint at condemning her. Question all you want and compare her actions to what you would do in such a case just please don't hint at condemnation until we know the full story behind her supposed "helping hand" to Josh. For all we know, she may be acting along with LE and reporting everything back to them. At least someone seems to be looking after Susan's belongings and can ensure nothing vital to Susan's disappearance or of sentimental value to her children and family is thrown away. According to OKand3Js, an acquaintance of both Kiirsi and Susan, Kiirsi is acting in Susan's best interests.

I could be wrong. OKand3Js may be wrong (sorry OK :)). Or, everyone may be wrong. It's too soon to tell and for now, at the very least, there's a friend of Susan's looking over Josh's actions at the home.

This is all JMO and I mean no disrespect to anyone :truce:

Point taken. Some folks could use the word friend to describe Josh, some couldn't.
My opinion only, I would hope that LE would not ask/depend on the mom of young vulnerable children to be doing their sleuthing. That just seems dangerous to me.
I'm not sure how any friend of Susan's is going to insure anything precious of Susan's will not be thrown away, given away, or "accidentally" packed into a box headed for Washington...where it could easily be dispensed with.
I agree that we need to see how this plays out. The situation looks odd, but there could be good reasons for that. YMMV.
Most importantly, I wish all Susan's friends and family comfort in these awful days of confusion and anxious waiting.

:truce: waving my white flag before I proceed...

I truly think we should give Kiirsi a break here. I understand the purpose of sleuthing is to get to the bottom of who did what to whom but there's just so little information out there. Josh Powell is not talking and is apparently heading back to his daddy's gated enclave to for a little more enabling.

Right now, the only one of Susan's friends who can get close enough to Josh is Kiirsi. Until we find something amiss/hinky/shady in her relationship with Josh, I don't think it's fair to even hint at condemning her. Question all you want and compare her actions to what you would do in such a case just please don't hint at condemnation until we know the full story behind her supposed "helping hand" to Josh. For all we know, she may be acting along with LE and reporting everything back to them. At least someone seems to be looking after Susan's belongings and can ensure nothing vital to Susan's disappearance or of sentimental value to her children and family is thrown away. According to OKand3Js, an acquaintance of both Kiirsi and Susan, Kiirsi is acting in Susan's best interests.

I could be wrong. OKand3Js may be wrong (sorry OK :)). Or, everyone may be wrong. It's too soon to tell and for now, at the very least, there's a friend of Susan's looking over Josh's actions at the home.

This is all JMO and I mean no disrespect to anyone :truce:

You're absolutely right and it makes perfect sense that Susan's friends - and family - would want to be sure her belongings were taken care of.

What doesn't make sense to me, is why Kiirsi, or any one else, would consider putting themselves quite possibly in harm's way by being around Josh. It is widely believed that this man murdered his wife. It's reasonable to assume he could be dangerous. I just can't see LE asking someone to risk their own well-being for the purpose of doing a little snooping.

And for those who believe Josh killed Susan because he felt backed into a corner, this type of scenario could easily escalate into the same type of situation.

Point taken. Some folks could use the word friend to describe Josh, some couldn't.
My opinion only, I would hope that LE would not ask/depend on the mom of young vulnerable children to be doing their sleuthing. That just seems dangerous to me.
I'm not sure how any friend of Susan's is going to insure anything precious of Susan's will not be thrown away, given away, or "accidentally" packed into a box headed for Washington...where it could easily be dispensed with.
I agree that we need to see how this plays out. The situation looks odd, but there could be good reasons for that. YMMV.
Most importantly, I wish all Susan's friends and family comfort in these awful days of confusion and anxious waiting.

If LE is encouraging her to be around him they are playing a dangerous game. They know he snapped once.

I am eager to hear if Josh let Kiirsi or Okand3J's help with the move today. The more they are able to interact with Josh and his family, the bigger chance one of them will slip up and disclose valuable info which could lead to Susan.
I think it's great that Kiirsi and Ok are willing to grin and bear it, (being nice to Josh), in the hopes that they can either preserve Susan's keepsakes or gain info important to solving this case!

OKand3j's, please keep us updated!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-3ZH5SqqZs

Haven't seen where this was posted yet.

VB

What I find odd about that video is that it is posted on the SusanPowellCase You Tube channel that was used to get the hits for the "media blitz". Now the caption under the new video reads:

Maybe someone who doesn't have a TV saw Josh Powell! There are enough Susan videos out there. Let's get this Josh Powell photo slide show spread all over the Internet! WTH?

Can I quote this at a divorce support group? Sounds like a perfect description for all the move-away mothers.

TIA

Oh sure - Only if: the 'move-away moms' have done away with the father of their children; operate in a cloud of secrecy; maintain absolute control over those around them; and are selfish beyond belief. Oh - and pretend to have some empathy for the missing spouse. In other words - if your group of 'move away moms' are murderous psychopaths, please feel free.

I am eager to hear if Josh let Kiirsi or Okand3J's help with the move today. The more they are able to interact with Josh and his family, the bigger chance one of them will slip up and disclose valuable info which could lead to Susan.
I think it's great that Kiirsi and Ok are willing to grin and bear it, (being nice to Josh), in the hopes that they can either preserve Susan's keepsakes or gain info important to solving this case!

OKand3j's, please keep us updated!

Just making it clear that I know Josh hasn't been charged with anything. It's my opinion that he is under some degree of stress. This might not be the time to engage in any sort of disagreement with him. Possibly the safest thing would be to just mentally note what happens to items, and then grab a pad of paper and write it down when returning home.
I also wonder if some friends get (or think they got) verbal permission to "take" things if down the road it would be his word against theirs. On the other hand, it may be that he welcomes the help, and all goes well with the move. Who knows?

I agree that it would not be smart for anyone to volunteer to be alone with Josh, even if, (maybe especially if), his dad or brother are there too!

My impression of the proposed moving situation is that ward members had been invited to help as a group with the move.

IMO, the only way anyone is going to get anything out of Josh would be to slip him some "Sodium Pentothal" in his tea. Now I would do that for a friend. :biggrin:

I have never been in contact with LE as I am not as close to the case as people like Kiirsi or others are. But it is my understanding that they have not asked Kiirsi or others to spy for them. So they are not asking anyone to do something that could be dangerous.

If Kiirsi or I or anyone else goes over to help, we would obviously make sure we were not alone with them. There would have to be a few people there to help pack for safety reasons. The main focus in going is to witness how he acts, what he does with Susan's things, see if we can see anything out of the ordinary in the house or in how Josh acts or what he says. It is like a PP said, A Golden Opportunity!
We would be careful and not acuse him of things or make him angry.

And the bottom line is he is packing up and moving WITH or WITHOUT our help. So if he is doing it anyway, we might as well try to get over there so we can witness whatever we can witness while helping him do what he will do regardless of whether or not others help him in the end. This way someone is actually there to observe his actions and prevent him from hurting Susan's things, instead of staying away because he is most likely the guilty one here.

I think it takes courage and if he gives us the opportunity, we will be there. This is honestly the last chance any of us have to get up close and personal, so to speak, before he is gone for who knows how long.

On the night of the first vigil when I spent a couple hours with him and others, it was kind of nerve racking. Not knowing what to say or how to act with the suspicions we all have...but at the same time trying to act friendly and not accusatory so he could possibly say something or feel like he could talk to us about anything. In my opinion, it is much better to stay on the good side with the POI because that gives us a much better chance at finding something out, rather than being the first one to point fingers so he stays as far away from us as possible. JMO

I will definitely keep you updated if any of us can get in there and help him in the next two days. He may not even call for help, but I am hoping he does. I would definitely be carefully scrutinizing everything in the house, his behaviour, his siblings behaviour, what they say, everything.

I will definitely keep you updated if any of us can get in there and help him in the next two days. He may not even call for help, but I am hoping he does. I would definitely be carefully scrutinizing everything in the house, his behaviour, his siblings behaviour, what they say, everything.

Are you concerned at all that perhaps Josh or his immediate family may be reading the posts on the Internet concerning the intentions of those that may help Josh pack up the house?

Lol Patty... :coffee: ;)

I agree that it would not be smart for anyone to volunteer to be alone with Josh, even if, (maybe especially if), his dad or brother are there too!

My impression of the proposed moving situation is that ward members had been invited to help as a group with the move.

(bbm) N/k :eek: the nerve of this guy availing himself of the help of a church he would neither attend, nor aid in the search for their member--his missing wife--yet turn to for help in getting him out of this mess... he makes me ill. JMHO

:parrot:

Lol Patty... :coffee: ;)

(bbm) N/k :eek: the nerve of this guy availing himself of the help of a church he would neither attend, nor aid in the search for their member--his missing wife--yet turn to for help in getting him out of this mess... he makes me ill. JMHO

:parrot:

Understand completely. Two possibilities (and it certainly could be a little of both) he's carefully watching them as much as they are carefully watching him, as well as possibly wanting to appear he's (now) found religion.

In cold weather your nose runs because the hairs get paralyized and that was just on DR. OZ show........
that's why Josh had 'sniffles', not because he was crying in the video tapes!!!

In cold weather your nose runs because the hairs get paralyized and that was just on DR. OZ show........

That is funny you said that, I have always told people at 10 degrees and below that I can feel my nose hairs freezing.

Be patient with LE. Last fall, 5 members of a family in a small Illinois town were brutally slain and a 3-year old girl left barely clinging to life in their own home (all bludgeoned, very violent, lots of physical evidence). With local LE and the FBI involved (to profile and/or rule out serial killer/mass murderer situation), I believe it still took about a month before we saw the arrests/arraignments of the two family members and two additional accomplices. While on-line posters were bashing LE for taking so long and not releasing more details, LE was going through tons of evidence...getting their ducks in a row...and then secretly meeting with a grand jury. Hopefully that will happen here, too, but it will likely take longer due to the lack of a body and a lesser volume of other physical evidence.

The Beason slayings. About 30 minutes from me. I actually saw Chris in the Logan County Courthouse a month ago. He was 5 feet away, surrounded by guards. It was a little startling. I was there for an entirely different reason and just wasn't expecting to see him.

Sorry to go OT for a minute, but Mesmerized is right, everyone was jumping all over LE and the whole time they were quietly building their case.

Another possibility. I would have to look back at the weather on specific dates, but in general, this winter Utah has had quite a run of horrible air quality. It started earlier than normal--in December rather than the usual Jan into Feb, and it's been bad. When the air quality is awful, my nose often runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btc121296