UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a terrific picture of Susan and her boys:

resized_Susan_Powell_and_Sons.jpg

There is no way in my mind Susan is out of state being deprogramed that is beyond reality IMO ....
Josh would have spoke up by now and we would know where susan is or she would be back by now.

I do not think Josh is coming back, he is going to let the house go and stay where he is. I am sorry if this offends anyone but Josh Powell is a coward !!! Plain and simple :furious:

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I just joined a few days ago and have been reading but just haven't had a chance to post until now. I have been following this case closely because I know Susan and Josh. She is a friend of mine and Josh was actually our realtor 4 years ago.

I just want to jump right in to the discussion, so I hope that is okay. :)

Just wanted to comment on one of the more recent posts. I remember watching an interview recently where Jovanna mentioned that she and Susan were discussing Stake Conference and church, etc. that Sunday afternoon and Josh overheard the conversation, so he was very aware that it was Sunday. He also was aware that Susan and the boys went to church for 3 hours even though he stayed home. So I know very well that the whole "I was somehow thinking it was Sunday" is just another one of his lies. He knew very well which day it was. JMO

Welcome OKand3Js, glad you joined us. Thank you for sharing your insights, they are truly appreciated.

Hi all! Just popping in for a few, work hasn't let up much at all so I barely have time to do anything else. :( Hopefully it will slow down here this coming week cause I still have PM's to reply to!

Anyway, I just caught up enough to see a lot of speculation over Kiirsi. While I understand where everyone is coming from, it does sadden me to see some feel she may have been involved. In my opinion, she is just doing the best she knows how to keep Susan's face out there. As someone mentioned above, LE may be guiding her on what to say and what not to say.

Regarding her monotone interviews, the minute I saw it, I immediately thought, "Xanax." A while back, I had to testify in court as a witness to a minor crime. I was sick over it but have a prescription for Xanax to take as needed for anxiety. I hadn't taken it in a few months but I sure did pop one before testifying and while it definitely chilled me out, I know I looked and sounded pretty robotic and emotionless. I felt pretty numb too and was reminded why I rarely take them. Not only can they be super addictive but they tend to turn me into a walking drone.

It stands to reason that after Susan's disappearance Kiirsi would have been super overwhelmed with all of the media attention and perhaps saw a doctor for an effective chill pill to calm her nerves. So what we're seeing may not be the "real" Kiirsi. This is just my opinion however.

OKand3Js, it's great to have you on board! I hate to throw this at you right off the bat, but if you also happen to know Kiirsi and feel comfortable doing so, would you be willing to state your thoughts? It would be great to see some of the speculation about Kiirsi being involved in Susan's disappearance put to rest if it's way off base.

FORGIVE ME as i know this has been discussed but if someone could give me a quick update about this I would appreciate it;

Where does Josh work? Has that ever been made public?

Thanks,
Tricia

Oh, and btw, the slightly graying woman in the photo with Josh and the boys that people were discussing in thread 4 is Terrica (Terri) Powell, Josh's biological mother. Hope that helps!

*snip*
OKand3Js, it's great to have you on board! I hate to throw this at you right off the bat, but if you also happen to know Kiirsi and feel comfortable doing so, would you be willing to state your thoughts? *snip*

Welcome OKand3Js. Glad you chose Websleuths. Could you please email me at tgrif@xmission.com My name is Tricia and I am the owner of Websleuths. I just need to ask you a couple of quick things off the forum.

I agree with JennaLee. I am interested in your thoughts on Kiirsi. From what I have been hearing from people in SLC is they are wondering about her. Not wondering if she is involved, not at all, but wondering about her in general.

I for one know how hard it is to try and organize info with the media so I empathize with her and understand how stressed she must be. Being stressed does not make for good TV interviews. I feel she is doing the best she can to help her friend.

Thanks,
Tricia

FORGIVE ME as i know this has been discussed but if someone could give me a quick update about this I would appreciate it;

Where does Josh work? Has that ever been made public?

Thanks,
Tricia

Tricia the last we knew he had been working in IT for a trucking co, though from our understanding it had not been for long. Now that Josh is in WA staying with his father, and the fact that he forgot that it was Monday--did a no call/no show, he is, again, unemployed.

I just want to comment on the earlier post that said she may have been taken out of state for deprogramming. Listen folks, this is mainstream LDS, they beleive that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. She is fully aware of other belief systems and had the knowledge and freedom to do whatever she wished. And I believe that if Susan was alive, she would have done anything to stop Josh from taking her two boys out in Utah weather for camping. jmo

One thing that I hope hasn't already been discussed upthread. During the initial interview with the media in front of his house, when JP is asked why he didn't call into work on Monday he says "you know I, I didn't.... uh..... I was somehow thinking it was Sunday....I didn't go to church and I just missed a day." This makes zero sense. I could understand if he said he thought it was Sunday because he WENT to church. Or why didn't he say I didn't call into work because my wife is missing?

You're exactly right.....it does seem that's what a normal response would be...."I didn't call into work because my wife is missing". That doesn't even seem to come to his mind at all. Instead he is stumbling for answers as usual. JMO (phrase bolded by me)

I keep coming here hoping for new developments. Things are so quiet now as far as coverage. Yesterday I was checking the abc4 website and there wasn't even a mention of Susan on their page :(

I hope J had a miserable holiday and feels the law is closing in on him, hoping she will be found soon and things are happening behind the scenes to build a solid case.

I also hope that this will help open some peoples eyes so they get out of a bad situation before it is to late.

VB

Hopefully, the lack of new info at this point is the calm before the storm. I sincerely believe that Josh's days as a free man are numbered. He makes me sick.

I apologize if this has already been posted...

Friends of Missing Utah Mom Launch Web Media Blitz:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100103/ap_on_re_us/us_missing_mom_utah
From the article above, which came out about an hour ago:

"There will be a purple ribbon campaign, and facebook users are being asked to change their profile pictures to a purple ribbon" (in recognition of Susan, during the 3 day media blitz).

That might be a nice gesture here at Websleuths, too.

From the article above, which came out about an hour ago:

"There will be a purple ribbon campaign, and facebook users are being asked to change their profile pictures to a purple ribbon" (in recognition of Susan, during the 3 day media blitz).

That might be a nice gesture here at Websleuths, too.

I'm in!

I agree, Granny.

The Mormon/ LDS Church is a religion, not a cult. She wasn't taken anywhere for 'deprogramming'.

I am convinced if she were alive she would be with her two sons- in fact, nothing could have kept her away from spending the holidays with them.

I mean absolutely no disrespect here, however there are several people who do believe that Mormonism is a cult. I know that seems to be the main thought in this area at least. The YFZ raid in Eldorado, Texas did nothing to help this belief, as it sensationalized the most radical of FLDS beliefs in big, bold, money making headlines and barely mentioned the drastic differences between this and mainstream Mormonism. It wasn't until I made a few Mormon friends about 8 years ago, that I myself finally began to look at their beliefs as simply a different religion instead of a cult.

I'm Protestant and very firm in my beliefs. My friends (who were sisters) did initially attempt to provide me with a copy of the Book of Mormon, upon my polite but firm decline, they let the matter drop and our difference in beliefs never negatively affected our friendship. It was their kind respect of my beliefs that changed my thinking of theirs. To this day, they remain some of the sweetest girls I've ever met, and I was heartbroken when they moved to California.

So regarding any possible deprogramming, although mainstream LDS is a far, far cry from the YFZ ranch, some (such as Josh's father) may not see the obvious differences and feel that "deprogramming" would be absolutely necessary.

While I also believe that nothing in her control would have prevented her from spending the holidays with her sons, I also realize that if she by chance was locked away somewhere, then she obviously would not have the physical ability to escape or she would have already done so.

Do I believe she is being held against her will somewhere? No I don't. However I certainly don't blame anyone for clinging to this hope and you definitely won't hear me complain if Susan is found alive!!
I stand by my post, as it is my opinion. :blushing: (I am not Mormon, I just recognize it as a religion, not a cult).

I would also love for Susan to be found alive.

I stand by my post, as it is my opinion. :blushing: (I am not Mormon, I just recognize it as a religion, not a cult).

I would also love for Susan to be found alive.

Blonde, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as disagreeing with your thoughts about Mormonism, because I don't. I think we're saying the same thing just in different ways.

I will fully admit that I previously did think of Mormonism as a cult, but now I see it (thanks to the kind nature of my Mormon friends mentioned above) as simply a different religion. I simply meant to point out that some people do see LDS as a cult across the board, like I used to. I believe Steven Powell to be one of these individuals. I hope that clears any confusion in my previous post.

This is a post I made here recently:
"For whatever reason, Kiirsi is indicating that she believes that Susan was taken unwillingly out of state, is alive, and has not been fatally harmed by JP. I find it extremely frustrating and confusing. Hoping that with time we will know her thoughts."
What I meant to say is this:

Kiirsi indicates that she believes that Susan was taken unwillingly out of state, is alive, and has not been fatally harmed by JP.
While I find it extremely frustrating that we do not know more of these details, however, I believe that it is in Susan's best interests at this point, that this information is not public knowledge.
After reading my original post, it appears that I am being disrespectful. That was never my intention, and if I offended anyone by "mis-speaking," I deeply apologize. My thoughts were never meant to reflect poorly on Kiirsi.
I simply put my words together poorly.

To the person here on WebSleuths who posted my original post on another website, I say "thank you." It gave me the opportunity to clarify my thoughts, and offer an apology.

Am I not reading correctly, or basically you're saying people's posts on here are being copied to "other" sites....or threads?? That's kinda "different", at least to me, anyway. To each their own, I suppose.

This post from here on is just a different subject...about ME ME ME!!!! LOL

I know I've posted about Kiirsi and her not "sitting well" with me.

I think, IMO, that maybe a few people, like me, question EVERYBODY'S motives in a case as baffling as this, in the beginning...I reference the Caylee case. Everyone and their mother was researched....I think it's the "nature of the beast"....."leave no stone unturned" type of sleuthing.

IMO, it's just a little funny that she says searches in the area are basically not gonna bring any results, as she feels Susan was taken "out of state" by seemingly a stranger/unwillingly. BUT, how about the possibility of that someone bringing her "BACK into the state"??? Naaah, NEVER happen...:waitasec:

Is she talking cryptically....YES....does it seem like she's trying to take things in a totally different direction....YES....is it a viable scenario....sure....kinda.
AND...she's been in contact with LE....told them what she knows/believes and I'm SURE LE is taking anything and everything as a serious possibility.

I KNOW this has been mentioned MANY times....BUT....going out in the dead of the nite...in beyond freezing conditions....with 1 child and basically a baby....in a VAN...not, from what I've heard, an SUV with 4 wheel drive....on a Sunday/Monday morning (he KNEW what day it was, sorry)....to "camp" in a place that's pretty desolate...to have 'smores for breakfast...oh, and "on the spur of the moment"...AND, your wife is supposedly sick in bed....

These are some things that set up these questions for Kirrsi's theory....

"The spur of the moment" means just that - no prior planning....NO ONE knows...AND, this is proven by the fact that police thought maybe the family had succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning and broke the windows, etc.
So, AGAIN, mentioned by many....how in the world did a stranger OR acquaintence OR bogey man KNOW Susan didn't go on this 'smores run??? One vehicle....gone....I'm almost sure she wasn't out shoveling the driveway at 12 am....the vehicle was in the garage before they left, so IF someone was "casin' the joint", they didn't know if anyone was home.

Soooo, IMO, therefore, SOMEONE was alerted to the fact Susan didn't go on the "camping trip"....AND, they came into the house...took Susan from the house "unwillingly" and into another state...and who knows what OR why this happened, except for Kiirsi....and maybe therefore, also Josh, too?? Since he knew Susan was home alone.

IMO, that's poses some questions...some REALLY serious, obvious questions....questions, I'm sorry, that I'm asking about Kiisi and what she knows and how she knows it. IF, she KNEW or had an inkling this was gonna happen...why not alert her family BEFORE all this?? (Or at least Josh...ha!)
Susan seemed family/church oriented, seems if she were afraid...of anyone other than her husband...she most likely would have discussed it.....she discussed her fear of Josh with others. This church seemed very close knit and took care of each other. Perhaps her friend from dinner would have called to see how she was?? Again...the "pings they are a'comin"....LOL

This is ALL IMO....I have questions...looking for answers....I'm NOT accusing anyone - especially not even Kiirsi, since it seems everyone thinks she's beyond reproach - AND, it's weird that people get PO'd if anyone has questions about her....as I say, like in ANY one of the other cases covered on here, we're all just looking at "the big picture"....everything is just what I'm thinking when I mention any subject...musings.

Tinkie, I'm telling ya, just when it appears the obvious is clearly laid out, this case throws a new twist at everyone!

One thing I don't get. The media has previously stated several times that Susan was not feeling well, however in interviews both JoVonna and Josh stated that she was not feeling sick, just tired and Kiirsi also stated nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

So was Susan feeling ill just media misinformation then or did someone change their story? I'm so confused. It would be great to get this part cleared up once and for all.

I just want to comment on the earlier post that said she may have been taken out of state for deprogramming. Listen folks, this is mainstream LDS, they beleive that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior. She is fully aware of other belief systems and had the knowledge and freedom to do whatever she wished. And I believe that if Susan was alive, she would have done anything to stop Josh from taking her two boys out in Utah weather for camping. jmo

I was about to post something along this line as well...... BTW, Who brought up this deprogramming idea anyway? It's not hard to split from the church if you "fall out of it's faith". No one forces it's members to stay. My whole family excluding my parents do not practice it, and we've never had any problems.

I think 'twas "I".....or anyone else can come forward and incriminate themselves....LOL

From my Post #1047 on Thread 4 :

"One of the news articles quoted someone as saying she was "fasting and praying" about the marital issues and decided to stay (will get link)....maybe they took her somewhere to get "deprogrammed" because they felt she was being overly LDS....LOL
Josh's dad supposedly kept sending "anti-LDS" literature.....

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580882,00.html "

There were other posts, AFTER this, where the discussion went to the fact that "deprogramming" DOES, in fact, happen - a generic discussion - not LDS, in particular.....it DOES happen in many varied circumstances, BUT, probably NOT the case here.
BUT, IIRC, there was discussion before that post regarding, (dare I mention the name???) Kiirsi's comments about not knowing what she does in this case and that she said Susan was taken out of state, basically saying searches in the area were almost meaningless. The discussions following were throwing out possibilities and what her statements could mean.

Sorry you took it the wrong way....BUT, not being IN their situation OR involved DIRECTLY in this particular case OR their particular beliefs, everything is just in each persons opinion, or just a passing thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste