UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty much how I imagine it went down too. For those who are inclined to believe Josh's father was involved and if it was a heat of the moment situation, he probably would have called dear dad right after. "Hey, dad, I just killed Susan. What do I do now?" And if dad did suggest they meet halfway, there were probably additional calls between them until they met up. And I suppose then it wouldn't be likely that Susan is anywhere in Utah. :furious:

But there sure would be a record of those phone calls and there is a pretty clear window of time indicating when the calls would have started.

I'm thinking that Josh and father wouldn't have to meet halfway. All Josh's father would need to know is what location did he leave her, then he could just travel there, find her and take her away. That way, there isn't a chance that the boys would see him. His father could have even given him the location to leave her.....I do hope that LE has checked on Josh's father's activities as well as the phone calls.

Does anyone know if the police met Josh at the door when he got home?

Does anyone know if the police met Josh at the door when he got home?

IIRC the police were gone when he got there. I think Josh stated that he "noticed" nothing unusual when he returned. I would think the police would be unusual.

I have done alot of ice fishing and just a hand crank ice auger does a great job, just takes a little longer.

JVM is going to be talking to Susan's father on Issues tonight (according to what was said at the beginning of the show).

Wowee Kazowee!! I found site on Web for live stream, hope it works, have no cable, costs too much moola for that. PS Just tried, my Internet keeps goin on and off, dang V company, can't get it.:(

IIRC the police were gone when he got there. I think Josh stated that he "noticed" nothing unusual when he returned. I would think the police would be unusual.

Oh great... guess I was hoping he was at least confronted by LE immediately upon his return. No such luck huh... plenty of time to clean the van, throw out any evidence he hadn't already tossed, put belongings away, replace any tools or anything back in shed (I know they got warrants for quilt, carpet clearner etc but do LE routinely seize yard equipment w/in first hours a person's discovered missing?) He also had ample opportunity to get rid of GLOVES, SHOES or BOOTS. After hearing of window being broken and despite headsup call LE placed to JP before he ever arrived, guess I mistakenly hoped LE was there upon his arrival. At least that would've minimized his chances for further clean-up upon his return. :mad:

:parrot:

Do you think LE failed to take that item with them when they searched for evidence? If they searched his van and it wasn't there, where was it from the time he used it to the time he put it back in the shed, only to remove again during the move?

No I think LE should have taken an auger, if they saw one, but would they have left it? I guess it's possible, but not likely. They must've searched the heck out of that shed, but evidently they missed something that JP was uncomfortable showing, and I don't know what that could've been. That would be alot of auger moving lol

I have done alot of ice fishing and just a hand crank ice auger does a great job, just takes a little longer.

Hi doc!! Yes to fish thru certainly... a hole of roughly 8-10" diameter... but the size hole needed for a body would be considerably larger... and depending upon the thickness of ice... from the reading I did, a higher amperage or heavier energy source may be required for these purposes :confused:

Also if this does not require power what do you suppose the generator was for... :waitasec:

Glad you're back friend...
:hug:

That idea is chilling to be sure. ;) Why do I think she was not dumped in water? While ice would be an impenatrable cover for now, it will melt. Also, I doubt he had an auger. Not to mention have you ever heard a generator? They are incredibly loud! Not only waking the boys, but alerting anyone in the vicinity. Where there are no trees to muffle the noise I can't imagine how far that noise would carry. I think it possible that Josh entertained of "never getting a divorce" one way or the other. Am still not convinced that he planned to kill her that night. Then again, that could have been the reason for the initial sledding trip---to wear the boys out so they wouldn't hear a thing.

I'm having trouble with the generator, too. They are incredibly loud, and heavy, and generally pretty big. A generator would take up a lot of space in a van and I imagine it would be hard for one person to put it in the van.

Wasn't trying to imply he used 'no' generator. Was trying point out that maybe it wasn't 'new' the way he claimed it was, is all. Imo, just because he mentioned it, doesn't make it so, considering the lies he's told already.

I question everything he said/says.

BBM

I think it's important to consider that once they came home from "sledding", Susan was probably a bit peeved at Josh for being gone for 3 hours with the boys in the cold snow on a school night. But IMO her first actions would be to get the boys out of their wet clothes and ready for bed. Once she has them warmly tucked into their beds, Susan had some time to stew on her anger and lets Josh have it. Whatever happened to Susan that night, I'm sure we would have heard by now if the boys witnessed it -- so they had to have been in bed.

I'm wishing for the 1000th time that we had a layout of their home!

I agree with some version of the above. However, since the boys are still with the dad, I'm not so sure we would have heard anything about what they witnessed. I am convinced, though, that they did see/hear something. Like I said before, I just hope the 4 year old sings like a bird...

I question everything he said/says.

Imo, the closest thing he's ever uttered that may have been close to what took place that night, was that interview when he came back with the rental car and the reporter walked up to him as he got out of the car. Many of his comments don't make sense and he kind've stumbled through it, incoherently. Its like the interviewer caught him totally off guard.

I can't begin to imagine what her poor family must be going through, but moreso the kids. They got the worst in the equation and if they end up being allowed to stay with Josh's dad Steven, and if he minimizes or cuts off their contact completely with Susan's family, those boys will need all the prayers they can get. Not to mention a good therapist when they are of age. I pray the damage isn't as much as I fear it will be.

Does anyone know, has the media made much attempt to interview Josh's mom? Or LE talk to her? I don't remember her first name. There doesn't seem much out there about her, as far as info? :shrugs: I wonder how well (or not well) she and Susan got along, or if Josh even had much contact with her?

The fact that his mom and sister already lived in Utah, was that part of what encouraged them to move to Utah? At least some family would be close by?

Good observation. I wonder too. How could she have escaped the media attention? Or at least their attempts? She's his mother, yet she seems to have faded way into the background - even from the very beginning. Not once has she publicly stood up for her son - not even to say she loved him...Not even a statement...

(bbm) Actually not all of them are, especially the newer models--which his was ("testing out the new generator.") From what I'm learning, these newer "noiseless," "silent" models now boast "low vibration level!"

From what locals have said, there are plenty of places where there is little to no traffic, there are probably lakes which people seldom frequent that time of year... and if he didn't have a spot already in mind, I think he was willing to travel until he could be assured of and in fact counted on this. JMO

(bump) Again I think the older generator or other equipment w which many of us are familiar might be loud, but this would not be true of any of the newer "noiseless" models...

Power augers also have "noise reduction features..."

I'm still trying to figure out who is it that was gonna hear him out on some remote lake eg in wintertime anyway... I mean the locals are saying there are miles of deserted highways and we don't even know what remote county much less what state, really, I'm just wondering...

I don't want this to be true either, I'm just saying after researching it would be far easier than I'd ever imagined before watching 2-MINUTE demo... even were the boys along.

And if you really think about it, if he's parked near lake's edge, working near shore, there would be only a VERY brief time when this activity would not have passed for or appeared to be anything other than "ice fishing..."

When a weighted duffel is placed on a sled--under cover of darkness w likely no one around for miles--and pulled to the hole's edge. No problem.

I keep trying to picture any of this, and being a camper myself, the generator to me represents a way he sees to stay warm and enjoy camping in December. A quiet one would allow him to run a small heater without waking up to keep warm. I have winter camped in a cabin with a woodstove in snow with a toddler, but his story is still far-fetched to me and I don't think he was camping on this trip. If LE found a ceramic heater in the van, that's one thing. An auger, of course that's something else. I hope that evidence gets back soon.

We bought our generator in 1996, after Hurricane Fran. It is so loud; I hate it and would have to be truly desperate to use it again. So, from that framework, it seems to me that the generators that are "noiseless" or have "noise reduction" are just probably less noisy. Still, very noisy. Am I wrong? It would be nice if the newer ones truly are quiet. Do any of you have a newer one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste