UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks friend :hug: I feel certain however that if I did even a search of lo these long 13 days ;) or so, that I could find egs of humor by some already encountered even enjoyed, but for w/e reason others become the personal recipient of sarcasm. I'm a big bird... I can take it.:biggrin:

I just needed to make a distinction between the two. Our newcomers will be hard pressed to find posters here or anywhere else who take this nor any other crime, domestic abuse, or victim advocacy more seriously than I do. JMO

:parrot:

bbm~
No need to explain that chickadee, not to anyone really unless you just 'feel the need' lol! Most of us know that and to the few that don't, maybe they could go back and read your posts from way back. I am very proud to call you 'my bestest fine feathered friend' ((hugs)) and if I ever go missing :eek: I would want you leading the search!

It's great that Mr Cox was willing to foot the bill for the cellphone. I know first hand that a husband with a controlling personality will use the expense of phone calls as a reason to cut off the relationship between his wife and her family, even while buying a new generator.

Me too grayjay! That's what makes me wonder what life was like pre-Utah to make them feel the need to do that, ya know?

eta~Even tho I know what it's like to have an abusive/controlling husband (ex thankfully!) my family had no clue for almost 20 years. Most do not share that info if they can help it as it is quite embarrassing. To this day when I ask myself "why did you stay" I still can't come up with an answer that really makes sense, not in hindsight anyway..

Completely OT, but watching the catastrophe in Haiti on CNN. They have found a 10/11 year old girl alive trapped in the rubble of a daycare. For those of you so inclined, please say a prayer with me that she can be rescued safely. And, for all others in Haiti--how horrific.

Also, I understand that UPS is shipping boxes 50 pounds or less to Haiti for free. Am rounding up my little girl's (mine too) summer clothes to take to the UPS store. Many of those people are walking around in filthy/bloody clothes since the day of the earthquake. A way to help that costs basically nothing but a box, and some time.

The fact the SP was actually someone Susan was actively trying to keep out of her life puts this in a new light for me. I feel very sad that she managed to get away from SP, but then she had to start trying to get away from Josh. Wondering how outrageous of an event happened involving SP.

Arrest him NOW! and those boy baby boys are in a Powell house makes me sooo nervous!!!

(bbm) "Apology" ;) noted. But for the record the comment you quoted ("Wonder how much Josh paid to have that photo opp snapped," paraphrasing) wasn't humor at a victim's expense. It was unquestionably frustration--conveyed thru saracasm--aimed solely at the perp. I've been consistent in my outrage at this case--nor have I ever treated any violence or victimization lightly.

If one hasn't in a few weeks come across any humor yet while posting here, then one clearly has not read the threads in this forum--nor any other crime forum here. While following any murder or missing person's case, particularly a long protracted one, I've seen even humor (vs sarcasm I used re perp's deception and manipulation) used never at a victim's expense but sparingly, judiciously and appropriately to break up stress and a near constant tension and frustration at the injustice and often slow progress.

If after 40 posts eg one is unable to discern nor appreciate the difference, one will become quickly offended but when you go the long haul--as in Haleigh case eg, where we are approaching the one-year mark w still no arrest--we see irony, sarcasm, dry wit and humor interlaced liberally and by some of the most dedicated posters we have. The same ones who contribute serious posts and useful info. Again, if that is offensive one may need to skip vast majority of posts altogether. The comment quoted re photo opp was an eg of sarcasm directed at the POI--not attacking a poster. If I couldn't recognize the difference or appreciate the "lighter" moments around here, I'd have flown the coop a long time ago.

Prayers as always for Susan to be found, her boys kept safe from harm, and her family comforted. :prayer:

It is so good that I continued to read and try to catch up prior to posting a comment regarding the "humor" post. You answered it so much better than I could. I'm a redhead and sometimes have to force myself to wait a few minutes before posting in an "emotional state". Sometimes you have to share humor with your posting friends so as not to implode on some of these very painful and frustrating cases. Again, thanks.

Completely OT, but watching the catastrophe in Haiti on CNN. They have found a 10/11 year old girl alive trapped in the rubble of a daycare. For those of you so inclined, please say a prayer that she can be rescued safely. And, for all others in Haiti--how horrific.

Also, I understand that UPS is shipping boxes 50 pounds or less to Haiti for free. Am rounding up all my little girl's (mine too) summer clothes to take to the UPS store. Many of those people are walking around in filthy/bloody clothes since the day of the earthquake. A way to help that costs basically nothing but a box, and some time.

BBM, Thank You for posting that info.
50 Pounds of Clothing shipped over to Haiti for free by UPS.
What a good idea, and you're really helping so directly.

OKand3Js

You have really piqued my curiosity now. Would you please, please, please tell us a little more about the background between Susan and Steven Powell? Please?

Ok, call me confused,..............or just dense. I don't get this deal with Josh's dad and Susan. Are we to understand that the discord between Susan and Steven is more than just an interferring in-law? I mean I know of a mil vs. dil where the mil constantly tried to come between her son and dil and she had even managed at one point, to break-up the bros first marriage.

Ok, so??????????? Steven has made some type of advances toward Susan? Just a yes or no.

or............was he just an interferring so and so who wanted to control his son's relationship?

This COULD put an ugly twist to this case and muddy the waters with suspects and motive.

:(

JMHO
fran

My thoughts exactly. Also, as passionflower reminded me, that is where the boys have ended up, around this man, who has been an influential force in this case. He is now enabling his son to be a coward, but really I think he enabled his son somehow to think that murder was a worthy kind of solution.

If this happened here, I do believe JP would be under arrest.
Do you think dad and brother have POLITICAL influence on this????
Bro was / is into politics and dad is LE????

OKand3JS
You have done a good service to help us understand. Thank You so much, OKand3JS.
Of course, we all want to know more, and realize how gracefully you have handled your awkward position in this case. I respect what you have done, and the way you have carried it out.

Oh my, I was just trying to get up the nerve to ask the same question after
reading post #707.

We are all so frustrated as we wait for LE to show us they are doing something
to find Susan and still not hearing any results of tests done on the evidence!!

Please someone assure me if you can--that there could be no political influence
on LE from the POI's brother Michael (the politician) or his father Steven who has LE contacts.

God forbid this could be a reason for the hesitation in this case!

OKand3JS
You have done a good service to help us understand. Thank You so much, OKand3JS.
Of course, we all want to know more, and realize how gracefully you have handled your awkward position in this case. I respect what you have done, and the way you have carried it out.

Well said Curious, that goes for me too. OK has helped us much in here. I am grateful for all info they have given. TY OK&3Js!!! :blowkiss:

Passion, I seriously doubt it. Brother was merely a delegate for Obama (along with about a 1000 others) The delegates were randomly drawn from supporter base. As for Mike's further political aspirations/connections? I think they are about as strong as SP/Steve Chantrey's chance of music getting on Billboard.

Not to mention these are 2 different states. JMO

Me too grayjay! That's what makes me wonder what life was like pre-Utah to make them feel the need to do that, ya know?

eta~Even tho I know what it's like to have an abusive/controlling husband (ex thankfully!) my family had no clue for almost 20 years. Most do not share that info if they can help it as it is quite embarrassing. To this day when I ask myself "why did you stay" I still can't come up with an answer that really makes sense, not in hindsight anyway..

The fact the SP was actually someone Susan was actively trying to keep out of her life puts this in a new light for me. I feel very sad that she managed to get away from SP, but then she had to start trying to get away from Josh. Wondering how outrageous of an event happened involving SP.

IMO the only thing putting miles--physical distance--between Susan and their respective parents accomplished was to eliminate w/e flimsy semblance of security or real protection Susan might have once felt while living nearer her own family. Those miles certainly didn't prevent SP from continuing to exert his control, mind games, and/or psychological influence over JP. That was the problem IMO. Susan may have only agreed in hopes that by moving away she might finally rid their marriage of an interfering meddlesome FIL but in reality Susan lost a father and any family closeby enough to whom she might have turned or fled... while Joshy still went on listening to daddy...... JMO :rolleyes:

durrevil.gif
telephone.gif
ranting.gif

emoticon-on-the-phone.gif
7_19_3.gif

Please someone assure me if you can--that there could be no political influence on LE from the POI's brother Michael (the politician) or his father Steven who has LE contacts.

I thought the LE contact/friend was with Mr. Cox. Did I have it backwards ?

Passion, I seriously doubt it. Brother was merely a delegate for Obama (along with about a 1000 others) The delegates were randomly drawn from supporter base. As for Mike's further political aspirations/connections? I think they are about as strong as SP/Steve Chantrey's chance of music getting on Billboard.

Not to mention these are 2 different states. JMO

Michael Powell also ran for 2nd District Washington State Legislature

Election Results
Campaign Web Site

Not that this alters in any way the point you were making, LM -- just for clarification...

Okay, regarding why people went to help Josh move last weekend...

Josh asked the Elders Quorum to help him move. The Elders Quorum are always the ones asked to help people move in every LDS ward. I am sure they don't always enjoy it, who really does?...but they do it anyway to help others out. The EQ president gets the request and then he is in charge of getting people there to help out.

As far as those who went to help: some went because they were asked to help serve regardless of who, some went because Josh was a friend to them in the past, some of them went to indeed interrogate Josh and they DID do that, and others were there to see that Susans things were treated with respect and not thrown in the nearest garbage can.

A few people asked Josh questions that we all want answers to and begged him to cooperate with police and go talk to them before he leaves town. He did the obvious "Josh" thing and stared off into space and didn't respond to those requests. He beat around the bush for the questions and said "I am not supposed to talk about this."

Anyway, bottom line...I don't think there is anyone in this neighborhood, city, state, etc. that thinks Josh is innocent in all of this. Everyone had different reasons for helping him move last weekend and I think all of the reasons were valid. People did confront him and it didn't do any good as he didn't listen to reason, but at least we tried.

OK, do you by any chance have a rough idea how many members there are in Susan's ward ? And roughly how many are in the ward in WA that Josh is currently attending ?

Michael Powell also ran for 2nd District Washington State Legislature

Election Results
Campaign Web Site

Not that this alters in any way the point you were making, LM -- just for clarification...

Thanks agatha, I recall him running for some office. Guess our point is
he LOST. Maybe I will research that race, wondering was it against longtime incumbent....

or just talks/seems dorky like Dad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member