UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. F, I hadn't thought about dumping the carpet cleaner water. That's interesting.

What about the front window evidence markers that UtahMom mentions? Any ideas? Or is that just where LE broke in when they were called to the house?

As far as the car alarm goes...we do not think it was a car alarm. We do not think their van had an alarm. We think it was the "panic" button on the keyless entry pad.

I do not have an alarm installed in my vehicle, but I have the panic button so that I can push it in case of emergency and it goes off and sounds just like a car alarm.

I think she pushed it in panic OR he accidentally pushed it himself, but couldn't turn it off right away because it was during the middle of the possible physical altercation between them. JMO

From what I remember his attitude is like...it is like he is resigned and irritated. Like he has no control over it so he has a defeatist attitude but also I can sense the irritation and frustration over the fact that they took so many of his personal things. He didn't really show much emotion other than those I just mentioned.

Thanks again, OK5. I expect an innocent person who loved the missing spouse would either be angry (e.g., 'why are they focusing on me instead of finding her and whoever took her?!?!?') or hopeful ('if who ever did this left something behind LE will find it - hair, or fibers or something...'). JMHO.

Dr. F, I hadn't thought about dumping the carpet cleaner water. That's interesting.

What about the front window evidence markers that UtahMom mentions? Any ideas? Or is that just where LE broke in when they were called to the house?

It might just be to mark the breaking in or maybe just a blood spot, splatter or blood got transferred on there somehow.

As far as the car alarm goes...we do not think it was a car alarm. We do not think their van had an alarm. We think it was the "panic" button on the keyless entry pad.

I do not have an alarm installed in my vehicle, but I have the panic button so that I can push it in case of emergency and it goes off and sounds just like a car alarm.

I think she pushed it in panic OR he accidentally pushed it himself, but couldn't turn it off right away because it was during the middle of the possible physical altercation between them. JMO

Excellent! Did you happen to notice if the alarm pad was gone?

Thanks so much for that info!

Thanks again, OK5. I expect an innocent person who loved the missing spouse would either be angry (e.g., 'why are they focusing on me instead of finding her and whoever took her?!?!?') or hopeful ('if who ever did this left something behind LE will find it - hair, or fibers or something...'). JMHO.

I think an innocent person would be a lot more helpful (i.e >zero) towards LE to help them find his missing wife, and not worry so much about what journalists and other folks are saying and whether he had a couch to sit on.

You wouldn't think he would go out the front door with her since the car alarm already drew attention. Did she get partway out of the house bleeding? Did he track blood out the front door for some reason? Did he maybe go outside to dump the carpet cleaner dirty water container?

Agreed, I can't see Josh being stupid enough to drag/carry a body-shaped object out the front door, dowmn the steps, across the front of the house and into the garage, possibly waiting for the garage door to open first) when he can do it all behind closed doors through the house entry to the garage.

The evidence markers could have been marking pieces of broken glass from LE's forced entry.

I shudder at the idea of Susan getting partway out of the house, maybe drugged, maybe bleeding, and all the neighbours tucked up in bed ignoring all the noise.

If she had been out on the front porch alive, surely she'd have cried out for help?

WELCOME to Webslueths! UtahMom! :)

OK5 and UtahMom! Thank you for the information. This gives a much better idea, IMHO, of what may have happened that night.

The fact of a 'panic button' on the car.
The fact of 'evidence' on the steps and sill.
The fact LE also took the couch.
The fact LE cut out much MORE of that carpet than I imagined.

Wow! It must have been a knock-down fight! I highly doubt the children didn't hear. I bet the oldest has more tales to tell. :(

I hope when LE took Josh's vehicle the other day, it was because there were a few places they originally 'forgot' to check for evidence the first time. That's what happened on one case I was familiar with, the third forensic chemist checked a couple of places missed the first two times.

Poor Susan.

JMHO
fran

Excellent! Did you happen to notice if the alarm pad was gone?

And where was this alarm pad located?

When you say alarm pad, I am assuming you mean the keyless entry remote pad on the key chain? Because that is what I am referring to. I did not ever get a look at Josh's keys. I am assuming he had them in his pocket the few times I have seen him since this all happened.

Agreed, I can't see Josh being stupid enough to drag/carry a body-shaped object out the front door, dowmn the steps, across the front of the house and into the garage, possibly waiting for the garage door to open first) when he can do it all behind closed doors through the house entry to the garage.
The evidence markers could have been marking pieces of broken glass from LE's forced entry.

I shudder at the idea of Susan getting partway out of the house, maybe drugged, maybe bleeding, and all the neighbours tucked up in bed ignoring all the noise.
If she had been out on the front porch alive, surely she'd have cried out for help?

Bartleby, I'm not thinking he did that either. However, we must keep in mind that many criminals have done less intelligent things. And, let's be honest here - killing your spouse to resolve a relationship problem does not necessarily indicate the most intelligent decision-making process.

Unfortunately it is possile neighbors heard the alarm sound, looked outside to see what was happening, saw nothing (assuming the van was in the garage and the house was closed up), heard the alarm stop, assumed it was simply set off by accident, and went back to bed. This type of alarm issue has happened many times in my neighborhood, with no criminal activity involved.

When you say alarm pad, I am assuming you mean the keyless entry remote pad on the key chain? Because that is what I am referring to. I did not ever get a look at Josh's keys. I am assuming he had them in his pocket the few times I have seen him since this all happened.

Actually I was thinking the entry keypad to a house. Duh moment on my part. lol.

As far as the car alarm goes...
-----------snipped for space--------------------------------------

I also wondered if that might have been when he as running the carpet cleaner and didn't hear it at first, but that doesn't make as much sense if she were bleeding. Only if she were in the garage and fading in and out of consciousness from poisoning or pills.

A neighbor did hear the alarm/panic button and reported it after the fact, of course. He did not see anything, though.

I'd hate to be that neighbor right now...

Here's the link:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpY2TakyZYI[/ame]

Maybe they are getting ready to take off the gloves with Joshy now, start putting out the right flyer.

I don't know, they seem to be going waaay out of their way not to be adversarial.

Missing woman's family concerned over lack of contact with kids

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9541537

Interesting comment left with that item saying the 5-year-old said, "Daddy left mommy in the woods.". I thought something about "mommy lost in the woods" was leaked before. I'll bet he doesn't want the 5-year-old blurting out something to the Coxes. He could say that at any time during play, even if the Coxes and Josh agree that discussing missing mom is verboten during visits.

5-year-olds are pretty observant -- they may not understand what is happening, but especially in some unusual circumstance, like parents fighting, mom vomiting or bleeding, I would think he could remember very well the sequence of events. I hope they got some details from the child in that interview like whether it was near a road, in the snow, how deep was snow, etc.

Also it seems like that sort of comment, plus Josh's behavior and Susan's recorded fears about her safety should be taken to a Grand Jury to get an indictment before Josh has a chance to run or lose this witness in the woods.

Maybe they are getting ready to take off the gloves with Joshy now, start putting out the right flyer.

The only way that makes sense to me, is if they know he's about to be taken into custody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13