UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the map OK5, do you know the position of the wet spot where the fans were blowing?

This floorplan agrees with what my wife remembers from her occasional visits, but she only ever went in the main living room/kitchen area, so didn't know the layout of the other rooms.

Seems like a very nice house considering Josh filed for bankruptcy in 2007. Plenty of people round here are living in trailers.

I do not know where the exact wet spot was or where the fans were placed as I never saw them, but I can tell you the part of the room where the carpet was removed. The carpet was removed from the front half of the room closest to the front door and window there, about halfway back toward the dining area/kitchen area. Then the carpet starts back up again. So the wall between the living room and garage to the front door area as far as side to side, and then going from the front wall/window next to the front door to halfway back toward the kitchen as far as front to back goes. I hope that makes sense.

OK5, Thank you so much for the house plans!

I do not know where the exact wet spot was or where the fans were placed as I never saw them, but I can tell you the part of the room where the carpet was removed. The carpet was removed from the front half of the room closest to the front door and window there, about halfway back toward the dining area/kitchen area. Then the carpet starts back up again. So the wall between the living room and garage to the front door area as far as side to side, and then going from the front wall/window next to the front door to halfway back toward the kitchen as far as front to back goes. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks! So the wet patch was presumably in this area, and not near the garage wall or the bedroom, or the "corridor" area between bedroom and garage.

Thanks! So the wet patch was presumably in this area, and not near the garage wall or the bedroom, or the "corridor" area between bedroom and garage.

Yes, that is what I am thinking based on the carpet removal right there. The wet spot had to be on the front part of the living room closest to the front wall of the house.

I keep trying to reconcile the fact that it relieved family members at first, thinking it meant they were at the hospital with the nature of the stain. Josh might have intended to come back and work on it some more, and/or it was obvious what it was?

I keep trying to reconcile the fact that it relieved family members at first, thinking it meant they were at the hospital with the nature of the stain. Josh might have intended to come back and work on it some more, and/or it was obvious what it was?

I don't think anyone has said what the stain was. It was just described as "wet". Not sure why someone would clean up a stain before they went to the hospital if there had been some sort of accident. I figure Josh thought he could complete the clean-up after he got back. For what its worth, I'm thinking Josh didn't expect to be out all night and most of the next day on his "camping trip", nor did he expect family and authorities to break in to check on their welfare.

Wow OK5! Thanks
I wonder if the wet spot is really a mystery, or if it's origin is pretty clear, to anyone actually looking at it. Minus LE confirmation

I've missed the whole hospital topic..so I'm guessing someone who saw the wet spot immediately thought of hospital? If If so, it must've looked like blood, imo

I've missed the whole hospital topic..so I'm guessing someone who saw the wet spot immediately thought of hospital? If If so, it must've looked like blood, imo
Yes, Mr Cox said that is what he hoped it meant when it was reported to him by a person who went in there.

Looks to me right now, she might of been trying to leave through front door and something happened! and she might of had the keys to van in her hands and panic
button went off. JMOO

Looks to me right now, she might of been trying to leave through front door and something happened! and she might of had the keys to van in her hands and panic
button went off. JMOO

I hadn't thought of that - that she might have been in a different location from the garage and set the panic button off. After looking at the floorplan, though, I'd say that does seem to make a lot of sense.

I think they had a fight earlier in the night and some threats were made. I think Susan was planning on leaving when Josh went to sleep. She got the kids up and went to get in the van and Josh had the keys and had set the alarm. When she grabbed the handle the alarm went off. She ran back in the house to find the keys and Josh met her in the living room.

Anyone know if there was a coffee table in the area where the carpet was removed by the police? It was reported the police took furniture out of the house.

button went off. JMOO
Right, he might have been blocking her from getting to the van so she was just trying to get out the front door and run. Does anyone know if Josh had a gun?

Anyone know if there was a coffee table in the area where the carpet was removed by the police? It was reported the police took furniture out of the house.

ITA, want to know about furniture, i.e. sharp, heavy, in the area of the spot.

Just playing devil's advocate here. If a person really went sledding, they would probably return soaking wet - especially if they went sledding for three hours. They get home, take off all their wet snow pants, coats, etc, and they dump them on the floor by the door. Then, they go change. Josh comes back, sees the now-melted snow from the clothes all over the floor, and gets a couple fans to dry it.

I'm guessing it's something like that he probably told police.

The question would be - why not come in through the garage. But the wet spot seems a little like a red herring to me. It would seem that if there was anything damning in the carpet, he'd be arrested and in jail right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heartishome