UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car alarm issue continues to intrigue me. I know we've talked about it a couple of times, but I'm still not convinced he was disabling a gps. Still, I just can't wrap my fingers around what was really happening, but I do think it is important.

I'm on the same page as you diphi with regard to the car alarm. There is SOME significance to it and I too feel it VERY IMPORTANT in the scheme of what MAY have happened that night. :confused:

The alarm went off for TWO FULL MINUTES, 2 1/2 hours to 3 hours, AFTER Josh was seen pulling into the garage and 1 1/2 hours BEFORE Josh alleges to have left the home with the boys.

:waitasec::waitasec:

Josh fixed dinner that night (ehhh, day, he was fixing it when JoVanna and Susan and the boys came home from church but took an UNUSUALLY long period of time to fix eggs and pancakes) Eat at 4:00p.m.

Friends say it was UNUSUAL for Josh to cook.

Susan suddenly gets sleepy right after eating and goes to lay down, leaving her friend doing the task she, Susan had requested her help with.

Josh tells friend he's leaving with the kids so friend leaves too with project Susan asked her to help with. JoVanna offers to bring the project back later that evening when she was done and Josh declines her offer (on Susan's behalf?) saying Susan won't need it until she has another day off.

Wet spot on the carpet and leaves two fans to dry.

Alarm going off on car in garage for TWO MINUTES at 11:00p.m. That's 1 1/2 hours before Josh claims he left the home.

Josh leaves camping with boys in sub-freezing weather at 12:30a.m., leaving his wife at home, camping and cooking smores with a weather system moving in.

Wife disappears without a trace.

After two short interviews with LE, Josh refuses to meet with LE.

Josh REFUSES LE request that he go back out to where he went camping so LE can check it out.

Josh won't talk about his 'missing without a trace' wife with any friends and family and media and LE.

Josh leaves the state 2 weeks after his wife went 'missing without a trace.'

Josh returns to home and empties it of all contents ONE MONTH after his wife went 'missing without a trace.'

Josh RUNS from the press.

Josh RUNS from LE..............oh, yeah, we know you do Josh!

Josh claimed he went camping on that Sunday night when he was SUPPOSED to go to work the next day, because he CLAIMED he forgot it was Sunday because he didn't go to church. But.............Susan and the boys went and they came home with Susan's friend AFTER church and the meal Josh fixed was SUPPOSED to be BRUNCH (after church).

Josh contradicts his claim that he forgot it was Sunday when he declined LaVonna's offer to bring Susan's yarn back later that night, Josh said she'd 'have to wait to use it until her next day off anyway.' ................Yeah, Josh remembers what day of the week it is when it's CONVENIENT!!!!!

Josh rented a car and spirited out of town the day after his wife 'disappeared without a trace,' and won't tell anyone where he was. He drove HUNDREDS of miles in 24 hours.....................Where'd you go Josh? Moving things around?

Josh's hands were extremely wind burned or frost bitten the day after he rented a car and secretly drove around HUNDREDS of miles.

I know LE most likely doesn't have enough to convict Josh..............yet! But I bet you anything he's sweatin' bullets right now trying to figure out what the heck LE was looking in his car so long after his wife disappeared.

Good, let 'em sweat!
JMHO
fran

PS.........oh, yeah, hey Josh! Did you know it wasn't until the THIRD time they did a forensic analysis on Avila's car that they found the dna evidence they needed that helped get him on DR in Calif for the murder of Samantha Runion?! Just never know, do ya?:furious:

Susan-Powell-Update-Susan-Powell-Facebook-page-vanishes-not-the-first-time
JoVonna Owings said in a phone conversation this evening, “A person signed onto the Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook group as Susan and said awful things. The ‘troll’ says he has a friend in high places at Facebook and he would take the site down.” High places? This could put someone in jail who otherwise might not be indicted as quickly for other crimes. This isn't the kind of publicity FB wants or needs, either. Better read those TOS carefully, folks!

A discussion group was set up where people offered their time and resources for a ground search for Susan Powell, if and when the need arises.
I hope this data is not lost, but does anyone know for sure whether it was also kept in a separate database?

Something about the messing with there FB is hard to prove, IMHO. They'll have to have FB trace the ISP or whatever.

I know it seems the first thing to think of would be Josh, but I don't think he'd have the 'nerve' to do anything like that. Nahhhh........I think it's just one of those sicko's out there that thrive on other people's misery.

I hope they're able to recover everything. I'd hate to see all of those hundreds of hours and 'friends' loose all their hard work.

I'd also like to see FB follow up on it and scare the craq* outta' whoever did it!

JMHO
fran

Something about the messing with there FB is hard to prove, IMHO. They'll have to have FB trace the ISP or whatever.

I know it seems the first thing to think of would be Josh, but I don't think he'd have the 'nerve' to do anything like that​
. Nahhhh........I think it's just one of those sicko's out there that thrive on other people's misery.

I hope they're able to recover everything. I'd hate to see all of those hundreds of hours and 'friends' loose all their hard work.

I'd also like to see FB follow up on it and scare the craq* outta' whoever did it!

JMHO
fran

He had the nerve to kill his wife and hide her body.

Is the reason Josh was on the Hellwells computer drawing up the rental agreement is because the Hellwells are going to rent his house out for him??

That's it isn't it.

They are going to be the agents.

There is hope.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,595081018,00.html

The two homicide convictions in recent Utah history where no body was found include:

# Douglas A. Lovell, who now is on death row and going through a series of appeals. He pleaded guilty in 1993 to aggravated murder of Joyce Yost. Prosecutors believe Lovell killed Yost in 1985 to stop her from testifying against him for previous crimes of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated sexual assault and forcible sodomy.

# Rudy Matthew Rebeterano, who was found guilty of second-degree felony homicide in connection with what prosecutors believe was the 1981 death of Michael Guy Johnston. An eyewitness saw an altercation between the two men, later saw Rebeterano carrying some kind of large bundle to his car, and there was substantial blood in Rebeterano's car trunk and in an apartment. He has since been released from prison and is no longer on parole.

Those 2 cases have witnesses and evidence.
I don't think an arrest is imminent at all.

But I do like your thinking about the rental... could be.
Watch John Hellewell in interviews, the dude absolutely cannot keep from grinning. The first time I noticed it I thought "nervous" but a month or so down the road he has to know all the media by name now. Still a-grinnin'.
Makes me smile to watch him, but makes me wonder what does he know.

Those 2 cases have witnesses and evidence.
I don't think an arrest is imminent at all.

But I do like your thinking about the rental... could be.
Watch John Hellewell in interviews, the dude absolutely cannot keep from grinning. The first time I noticed it I thought "nervous" but a month or so down the road he has to know all the media by name now. Still a-grinnin'.
Makes me smile to watch him, but makes me wonder what does he know.

I noticed that.

SUBJECT: Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook Page Mysteriously Disappears

The Cox Family and administrators of the Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook page are asking for the social networking site’s help in restoring a page dedicated to the disappearance of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, who was last seen December 6, 2009 in West Valley City, Utah.

The page contained information about Susan and her disappearance, and was a place where members of Facebook could come for up-to-date information about the case. “An entire database of people willing to help with searches and provide other services was deleted from Facebook as of approximately 2 PM Friday, January 29, 2010” said Shelby Gifford, family spokesperson for the Cox family and an administrator on the popular Facebook page. “Additionally, our page had over 45,000 members, all of whom can no longer see the page and who are not able to get or distribute information about Susan’s disappearance.”

The Facebook page has also been plagued by a “troll” who continues to visit the page under assumed identities, even pretending to be Susan Powell herself at one point. The Cox family and the Friends & Family of Susan Powell page administrators have made repeated complaints to Facebook and have not received a response. Susan’s father, Charles Cox, even applied online for a job with Facebook to try to get the company’s attention, but received no response. Other Facebook sites that strive to provide information about Susan have experienced similar problems.

“Obviously, our reason for using Facebook is that it can reach such a large audience quickly. This was proven in our successful Find Susan Media Blitz conducted earlier this month, during which the site grew to over 43,000 members in just a matter of days,” said James Hofheins, Social Media Coordinator for the Friends & Family of Susan Powell group. “We would like to talk with a representative from Facebook so we can remedy this problem once and for all. Their lack of response is causing great frustration among Susan’s friends, family and supporters.”

Various law enforcement agencies have been contacted with regard to threats made to the individual administrators of the Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook site. “We will continue to pursue those avenues as needed,” said Gifford.

NOTE: The Cox family had previously planned (but not announced) a press conference for Monday, February 1, 2010 in Puyallup, WA. THIS HAS BEEN POSTPONED. When the conference is rescheduled, members of the media will be notified via an emailed press release. To add your contact information to the Cox Family media database, please send an email to Shelby@theshelbynetwork.com.

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

OK5

FWIW, I thought the painting the nail thing sounded like fun for Susan's friends. Wasn't she into make-up and everything girly? I could just see her friends getting together and doing each other's nails while laughing and talking about the *fun* things of Susan, all said with tear-brimmed eyes. IF Susan had been my friend, it would have been bitter sweet, but respectful and with love of Susan.

I also don't think Kiirsi was inappropriate in mentioning the yarn shop. Being a multi-type crafter myself, it sounded like she was very excited on the variety of yarns. She was trying to persuade people to join in a week of service and it sounded to me as if she thought the yarns at that particular store would make any projects in honor of Susan unique by the materials used. Crafters always LOVE finding new outlets for their supplies. It adds excitement to a new project when you use something different!

It must be difficult for the Hellewells to be around Josh. I really feel for them, the inner turmoil they feel. Susan missing and MAY never return and feeling Josh was responsible but they don't want to burn that bridge. IMHO, I believe Josh went to their house to use their computer to just *test* the waters on how their attitude is towards him. I can't even imagine how uncomfortable I would feel IF I were in that position, wanting to shake him to speak up, afraid to bring up *the elephant in the room*, ie his MISSING WIFE!

I also feel bad for Josh's sister and her husband. It seems there's a rift there that may never be repaired. It's sad when you begin loosing a family member in your life. I hope his sis and mom will make it through this difficult time without too much more distress.

I wish we knew where Susan was. I totally understand the gravity of how insurmountable a search around Utah would be. Most specifically this time of year. I know there's been times when people have disappeared here in California and you want to go out and look, but where to start? ............and in most areas here in So. Calif., you don't even have the snow to contend with. Just a LOT of state to take into consideration. I drove through Utah this summer, beautiful but a lot of desolate land!

Hang in there OK5. You're doing great and we're glad you're here to share with us. Tell Kiirsi she's doing just fine too, considering the circumstances. I'm sure Susan would be very proud of her.

JMHO
fran

:blowkiss:

Thank you so very much. All of your thoughts and kind words are very much appreciated.

SUBJECT: Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook Page Mysteriously Disappears

The Cox Family and administrators of the Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook page are asking for the social networking site’s help in restoring a page dedicated to the disappearance of missing Utah mom, Susan Powell, who was last seen December 6, 2009 in West Valley City, Utah.

The page contained information about Susan and her disappearance, and was a place where members of Facebook could come for up-to-date information about the case. “An entire database of people willing to help with searches and provide other services was deleted from Facebook as of approximately 2 PM Friday, January 29, 2010” said Shelby Gifford, family spokesperson for the Cox family and an administrator on the popular Facebook page. “Additionally, our page had over 45,000 members, all of whom can no longer see the page and who are not able to get or distribute information about Susan’s disappearance.”

The Facebook page has also been plagued by a “troll” who continues to visit the page under assumed identities, even pretending to be Susan Powell herself at one point. The Cox family and the Friends & Family of Susan Powell page administrators have made repeated complaints to Facebook and have not received a response. Susan’s father, Charles Cox, even applied online for a job with Facebook to try to get the company’s attention, but received no response. Other Facebook sites that strive to provide information about Susan have experienced similar problems.

“Obviously, our reason for using Facebook is that it can reach such a large audience quickly. This was proven in our successful Find Susan Media Blitz conducted earlier this month, during which the site grew to over 43,000 members in just a matter of days,” said James Hofheins, Social Media Coordinator for the Friends & Family of Susan Powell group. “We would like to talk with a representative from Facebook so we can remedy this problem once and for all. Their lack of response is causing great frustration among Susan’s friends, family and supporters.”

Various law enforcement agencies have been contacted with regard to threats made to the individual administrators of the Friends & Family of Susan Powell Facebook site. “We will continue to pursue those avenues as needed,” said Gifford.

NOTE: The Cox family had previously planned (but not announced) a press conference for Monday, February 1, 2010 in Puyallup, WA. THIS HAS BEEN POSTPONED. When the conference is rescheduled, members of the media will be notified via an emailed press release. To add your contact information to the Cox Family media database, please send an email to Shelby@theshelbynetwork.com.

http://heartsknitforsusan.wordpress.com/

It's called the internet. It happens every day.

I know, I know, I know. But it still burns my biscuits because the page is for a finding a missing woman. Missing.

So... Is this part of that internet bubble phenom?

Because to me, it could be part of a trend that breaks FB. Seriously, the media has been talking up social networks as a force of change, and either they are or they aren't.

Over the past four years, I have left several social communities that changed key rules without notice on the fly or didn't manage themselves in a way that supported their members. You can't have them selling the members' info and taking down stuff without warning, and keep people coming back. Or can you? And trolls? Do they not ban them from the site?

I'm just sayin. :croc:

You know just by taking the Facebook page down I think it has actually drawn more attention to Susan's situation as well as the possible "perps" who took it down.

There is No doubt in my mind that it was Josh's cohorts in Washington if not him!

You know just by taking the Facebook page down I think it has actually drawn more attention to Susan's situation as well as the possible "perps" who took it down.

There is No doubt in my mind that it was Josh's cohorts in Washington if not him!

I think it was him too. Does anyone know if anyone else in Utah had admin status on the FB page?

So... Is this part of that internet bubble phenom?

Because to me, it could be part of a trend that breaks FB. Seriously, the media has been talking up social networks as a force of change, and either they are or they aren't.

Over the past four years, I have left several social communities that changed key rules without notice on the fly or didn't manage themselves in a way that supported their members. You can't have them selling the members' info and taking down stuff without warning, and keep people coming back. Or can you? And trolls? Do they not ban them from the site?

I'm just sayin. :croc:
I think they just close the persons account that is causing the trouble. They can go in and start another account.

Most Hacks are just done by tricking someone into giving them their password or getting it in some other sneaky way. The old hacking programs really do not work well on FB because of procedures they have set up.

Most Hacks are just done by tricking someone into giving them their password or getting it in some other sneaky way. The old hacking programs really do not work well on FB because of procedures they have set up.
Ah! I was thinking it was FB management that took it down, but hacks, well, another story. If it's a hack, the admin is likely to restore it, even if the posts get wiped. Will be interesting to see.

It means doom for other FB pages, if trolls can cause a site to be taken down by admin in this way, even when they're closely monitored by their owners. Very different than the other page that was taken down in that respect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tb3