UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Her web page link:
The Susan Murphy Milano Show - "Time's Up!"
Where we Rant, Rave and Highlight the Good, the Bad and the Evil, Searching Out Solutions for victims of crimes.
Information.Instruction.Conversation.Prevention
New Time: Live Thursday, 2-4 pm ET (11am-1pm Pacific)
Listen ~ Chat ~ Call 914-338-1186​

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/show_details/240

Susan_Murphy_Milano_SLIDE_12_28_10.jpg

Thursdays from 2pm to 4pm Eastern
The Susan Murphy Milano Show
“Time’s Up!”
Thursday, February 17
2pm-3pm:
Special Guests:
Attorney Anne Bremner
and parents of missing Susan Powell, Chuck and Judy Cox

Anne Bremner

Anne Bremner has been involved in several high profile cases during her career. You may also know her as an expert legal analyst on CNN, HLN, and other major news outlets. http://annebremner.com/tv_appearances.html Currently Anne Bremner is representing the parents of missing mother, Susan Cox Powell of Utah, Chuck and Judy Cox, as they continue their search for their missing daughter as well as justice in her name.

Anne Bremner graduated from Stanford University receiving a B.A. with honors, and from the Seattle University School of Law, formerly “University of Puget Sound School of Law”, in 1982. She has distinguished herself not only as a dedicated advocate for her clients, but also as an attorney who has achieved a level of peer recognition and been honored with Distinctions which few lawyers, and even fewer women can claim.

Discussing the case of Susan Cox Powell

We are honored to have as our guests, Chuck and Judy Cox along with Anne Bremner to discuss the latest in the quest to find Susan Cox Powell
http://susancoxfoundation.org/Home.aspx

On December 7, 2009, Susan Cox Powell was reported missing from her home in West Valley City, Utah. Detectives working on the case have characterized her disappearance as suspicious and having criminal overtones. The investigation into her disappearance continues.

Much has been written and speculated about Susan’s disappearance, today we have an opportunity to bring awareness to the truth and assist in seeking justice.

LISTEN LIVE ON HERE WOMEN TALK (to join the chat you must join the site)

http://herewomentalk.com
http://herewometalksocial.com

Thanks for the heads-up but won't be able to listen in "real-time". Does anyone know if there will be a taped version of the interview on Susan's website?

Susan story will be on NG's 50 days/50 missing tonight. An hour after her regular show.

Watching NG now...sadly, nothing we don't all know. JP is only suspect/POI but no evidence to charge him.

I watched NG tonight and was reminded of just how ridiculous Josh Powell's story is.

Taking toddlers camping on a Sunday night at midnight, in a blizzard. What mother let's her husband take a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old out anywhere at midnight, let alone on an impromptu camping trip in 4 degree temperature and raging snowstorm?

And still, no arrest. And the kids are with him even now. Makes me so sad.

Watching NG now...sadly, nothing we don't all know. JP is only suspect/POI but no evidence to charge him.

I didn't catch NG's show, but listened to the radio broadcast with Ann Bremner. I did learn something. Her purse and cell was left behind and nothing else. No keys. Ann did talk of the options of defamation of character, civil wrong death case, and grandparents rights (not much to offer; especially in WA.) Also, from what I could gather it was the daycare provider who called Mr. Cox at 10 AM. At one point in his reply it was a little hard to discern if it was Jen or provider, but I think he was referring to provider when he said she within the context. The host was talking about an abuse affidavit and if SP had completed a notarized one, along with a video, that JP would prolly have been charged---pronto. Personally, I don't see how without proof, but that's what she said.

I had never heard of this kind of affidavit, but makes good sense in abuse and DV cases. :rocker:

I watched NG tonight and was reminded of just how ridiculous Josh Powell's story is.

Taking toddlers camping on a Sunday night at midnight, in a blizzard. What mother let's her husband take a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old out anywhere at midnight, let alone on an impromptu camping trip in 4 degree temperature and raging snowstorm?

And still, no arrest. And the kids are with him even now. Makes me so sad.

I haven't followed this case but did watch it on NG last night. I agree, what a ridiculous story JP has told.

I was wondering if the children were still with him as the only thing they said was that JP was living with his dad. Scary to think what those children may have witnessed that fateful night.

Susan story will be on NG's 50 days/50 missing tonight. An hour after her regular show.

Watched it last night - good show. It was nice how all the pieces were put together, and how all fingers point right to JP. Also liked the guy who filled in for NG...oh so handsome. I could keep on watching if he showed up regularly! At least he doesn't get snarky with his guests.

MOO

Mel

I haven't followed this case but did watch it on NG last night. I agree, what a ridiculous story JP has told.

I was wondering if the children were still with him as the only thing they said was that JP was living with his dad. Scary to think what those children may have witnessed that fateful night.

On the show last night it was the first time I heard that the older son said:

MOM IS IN THE MINE SEARCHING FOR CRYSTALS.

:panic:

Obviously this is second hand, but OMGosh if he said that.

Mel

On the show last night it was the first time I heard that the older son said:

MOM IS IN THE MINE SEARCHING FOR CRYSTALS.

:panic:

Obviously this is second hand, but OMGosh if he said that.

Mel

Oh, I must have missed that part. Now that is a scary and sad :(

I watced the show...to me it was disappointing. CNN marketed the show as spending 1 hour with the focus on finding a missing person. Other than the pictures and the ticker, it looked and sounded just like the rest of her shows. IMO the show didnt focus on a missing person, it focused on blame. Dont forget as real evidence stands, there is still a 50/50 chance she could be alive.

I think they must have some evidence as they even said LE hasn't revealed what evidence they have. They've done forensic tests on that wet spot on the carpet and as well the vehicle. Why hasn't JP been charged yet is the question? However, what they cannot prove without a reasonable doubt is that JP did something to Susan. I am finding that many cases are not solved because they want the body found. IMO

I watced the show...to me it was disappointing. CNN marketed the show as spending 1 hour with the focus on finding a missing person. Other than the pictures and the ticker, it looked and sounded just like the rest of her shows. IMO the show didnt focus on a missing person, it focused on blame. Dont forget as real evidence stands, there is still a 50/50 chance she could be alive.

No purse, no cell phone, no car. We know she's not in Brazil, or off on some sexual financial adventure as JP proposes. What mom leaves their 2 children and runs off into the night while hubby is off camping in the snow -- on a Sunday -- with work the next day.

The closest case that comes to mind is Mitrice Richardson. She left the police station in the middle of the night with no cell and no car, and she was found dead.

Can you share your thoughts on the real evidence that would indicate there is a 50/50 chance she could still be alive. Always the pessimist, I think she's in a mine shaft somewhere :(

MOO

Mel

At least she is keeping the subject of missing people in the forefront. I don't see anyone else doing so every night on tv right now. Sure, she could do it better, but she is doing it, and for that I am thankful.

I thought it was pretty informative. And it is pretty hard to look at the Susan Powell case and NOT find blame towards her husband. His story is ridiculous. No sane person drags 2 toddlers out of bed on a Sunday night at midnight, and spontaneously decides to go camping in a sub=zero blizzard. That is just not a believeable story.

At least she is keeping the subject of missing people in the forefront. I don't see anyone else doing so every night on tv right now. Sure, she could do it better, but she is doing it, and for that I am thankful.

I thought it was pretty informative. And it is pretty hard to look at the Susan Powell case and NOT find blame towards her husband. His story is ridiculous. No sane person drags 2 toddlers out of bed on a Sunday night at midnight, and spontaneously decides to go camping in a sub=zero blizzard. That is just not a believeable story.

I can get by the "Bombshells"---she does a wonderful job of getting the news of so many cases out there and making people aware. I just use the remote when covering things like Tiger Woods.

<snipped>The host was talking about an abuse affidavit and if SP had completed a notarized one, along with a video, that JP would prolly have been charged---pronto. <snipped>
I had never heard of this kind of affidavit, but makes good sense in abuse and DV cases. :rocker:

It was stated early in the case that Susan had left a journal at her work and also had set up a bank account. I've wondered if she did this on her own or was meeting with a dv counselor. At this time, that would be confidential info but it would come out in a trial.

The time will come when the evidence will fall into place.

IMHO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back