UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I didn't catch NG's show, but listened to the radio broadcast with Ann Bremner. I did learn something. Her purse and cell was left behind and nothing else. No keys. Ann did talk of the options of defamation of character, civil wrong death case, and grandparents rights (not much to offer; especially in WA.) Also, from what I could gather it was the daycare provider who called Mr. Cox at 10 AM. At one point in his reply it was a little hard to discern if it was Jen or provider, but I think he was referring to provider when he said she within the context. The host was talking about an abuse affidavit and if SP had completed a notarized one, along with a video, that JP would prolly have been charged---pronto. Personally, I don't see how without proof, but that's what she said.

I had never heard of this kind of affidavit, but makes good sense in abuse and DV cases. :rocker:

Holly,

She is talking about an Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit. It's a series of signed and notarized documents, along with video testimony of the situation an abused person or someone leaving a relationship is experiencing. You can see the details and a video re-enactment here: http://www.susanmurphymilano.com

In a case like Susan's, the Affidavit would be provided to police and it's literally a starting (and sometimes ending) place for an investigation, saving millions in taxpayer dollars. It's admissible just like a living will and supercedes hearsay laws and Crawford v Washington which states the accused must be able to face the accuser. Well, too often the accuser is missing or murdered and their testimony is never heard in court along with things she may have told other people. This is what's going on in the Drew Peterson case right now. If Stacy or Kathleen had done the EAA, they wouldn't need to be debating what hearsay evidence can be allowed.

I hope this explanation helps you all understand the importance of DV advocates, court personnel, attorneys, and all first responders to have this information available for anyone experiencing abuse and threat of death.

It was stated early in the case that Susan had left a journal at her work and also had set up a bank account. I've wondered if she did this on her own or was meeting with a dv counselor. At this time, that would be confidential info but it would come out in a trial.

The time will come when the evidence will fall into place.

IMHO

ITA Jacie -- there will come a time.

I keep hoping that LE has been silently building a case all along. To reveal anything to the public would most certainly jeopardize the case. And those young boys need to be out of the clutches of JP and OMP! :maddening:.

Holly,

She is talking about an Evidentiary Abuse Affidavit. It's a series of signed and notarized documents, along with video testimony of the situation an abused person or someone leaving a relationship is experiencing. You can see the details and a video re-enactment here: http://www.susanmurphymilano.com

In a case like Susan's, the Affidavit would be provided to police and it's literally a starting (and sometimes ending) place for an investigation, saving millions in taxpayer dollars. It's admissible just like a living will and supercedes hearsay laws and Crawford v Washington which states the accused must be able to face the accuser. Well, too often the accuser is missing or murdered and their testimony is never heard in court along with things she may have told other people. This is what's going on in the Drew Peterson case right now. If Stacy or Kathleen had done the EAA, they wouldn't need to be debating what hearsay evidence can be allowed.

I hope this explanation helps you all understand the importance of DV advocates, court personnel, attorneys, and all first responders to have this information available for anyone experiencing abuse and threat of death.

Thank you so much for the link and the information explaining it's use and worth...which seems invaluable. All potential victims should know of it, although, I'd prefer they see the warning signs and be proactive early on get out first...tho also know that many times mental abuse is so well hidden within manipulation that it can grow without notice like a pretty weed. Thanks again.

SugarJames - Please take the discussion of looking for Susan alive here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119306"]How do you come home? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This is the thread you started to discuss this theory. You may discuss the theory and anyone that would like to join you, is welcome to do so. However, you may not discuss the theory in every thread in the forum as it is considered off topic.

If others want to explore this possibility, they will join you in the appropriate thread.

Thanks!

Salem

SugarJames - Please take the discussion of looking for Susan alive here: How do you come home? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

This is the thread you started to discuss this theory. You may discuss the theory and anyone that would like to join you, is welcome to do so. However, you may not discuss the theory in every thread in the forum as it is considered off topic.

If others want to explore this possibility, they will join you in the appropriate thread.

Thanks!

Salem

OK...thank you

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...diaries-of-missing-wife-Susan-Cox-Powell.html

"WEST VALLEY CITY — The father-in-law of a missing West Valley mother says her journals as a teenager shows she was "sexually open" and he plans to publish those entries on a website. "

By Emiley Morgan, Deseret News
Published: Thursday, July 14, 2011 11:43 a.m. MDT

WTH! BBM

Just catching up on this case due to the recent podcast. ( I guess I missed this case because I was attached to the demons trial at this time)

Anyhoo.. Evil!

Susan Powell was reported missing by her family on Dec. 7, 2009, when she failed to show up for her job as a stockbroker at Wells Fargo Financial. Her husband, Josh Powell, told police he had been camping with their two children, then ages 2 and 4, and had last seen his wife around midnight. Suspicious of his story, investigators named Powell a "person of interest" in his wife's disappearance. Not long after, Powell and his two children moved back to his hometown of Puyallup, Wash.

On Feb. 5, 2012, police say Josh Powell attacked his two boys, Charlie, 7, and Braden, 5, with a hatchet and then set his home on fire, killing the three of them in a gas-fueled explosion. Since that time, a mountain of evidence has emerged that supports law enforcement's decision to name Powell the prime suspect in his wife's disappearance. Nevertheless, her whereabouts remain a mystery.

559e0f6c1700000a01325e4a.jpeg

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...show=true#gallery/559e0f6ce4b0967291557f1d/23

Nancy Grace podcast revisiting this.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Who do people think actually killed Susan?

I've little doubt that Josh, Steven, and Michael were all involved in covering it up but I wonder who 'pulled the trigger'?

It's probably a rerun but on OWN 20/20 right now they are showing the Susan Powell case under the title of "Desperate Dads". It will probably be rerun again.

Lengthy article.
Dec 26 2018
'Cold': Police excavated landfill during search for Susan Powell
"Editor's note: This is the seventh of a weekly series featuring highlights from a KSL investigative podcast series titled "Cold" that reports new information about the case of missing Utah woman Susan Powell.

SARATOGA SPRINGS — A psychic tip, a dog search and a subdivision under construction led West Valley police to a remote garbage dump during the effort to finding missing mother Susan Powell.

Excavation at the Cedar Valley Landfill in Fairfield failed to turn up any sign of Powell, who disappeared from her home on Dec. 7, 2009. Police never publicized the effort. However, it illustrated the lengths to which investigators were willing to go in the hopes of finding her."
Paulette Bennett, then president of American Search Dogs, was skeptical of the request but agreed to bring her goldendoodle Murphy to a spot near the southern end of the Talons Cove golf course in Saratoga Springs."

"Murphy appeared to catch what Bennett called a “high air scent” while scanning for the odor of cadaver.

“My dog walked into the water. The breeze was coming toward us, pawed the water,” Bennett said. “That’s what he would do when he couldn’t reach a source. He would paw at it. So I know he picked up something.”

Bennett said the wind could have carried the scent from the far side of the lake.

“I’m sure there was something, but I’m not sure what it was,” Bennett said."

Experts to search mine shafts not searched in Susan Powell case

Porter said record exists of Powell's husband, Josh, detailing how to prevent the search of mine shafts by using debris.

When that tip came in back in 2009, Porter said she knew it had to be looked into.

Many mines were searched back then because Josh Powell had said that's where he would dump a body.

“We feel that there are enough factors pointing to a particular area and we think it is possible that these mines were not searched all the way down,” Porter said.

Experts to search mine shafts not searched in Susan Powell case

Could a cadaver searching dog detect anything from the entrance of a mine without going inside?

I will never forget how her boys were killed.

I am sure that it varies from mine to mine, but from listening to season 2 of "up and vanished", cadaver dogs were used to sniff at mine entrances and the handler felt confident if a body was in the abandoned mine, their dog would alert. They were searching around Crestone, CO. They mention in the "cold" podcast that drier air like the west desert area make air scents harder for dogs to pick up. I would think the drones like those that were used would be the easiest/best way to search. I've always wondered how easy or not easy it is to use an abandoned mine to hide a body (purely from a true crime obsessive viewpoint!).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC
Back