UT - Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have followed this case since day 1. I have also followed every single thread here and have read 99% of the posts.

Now that I have that out of the way, I want to say that at first I thought Josh killed Susan, at home, at or around the time of the van alarm going off in the garage. I have just recently began thinking of another theory that I think makes even more sense:

1)Susan wouldn't let Josh take the kids camping, and they had an argument that escalated to the point of someone setting off the van alarm at around 11PM

2)Susuan eventually gave in, and decided to go 'camping' with Josh and the boys, but the fight had boiled to the point where all of their demons had been let loose and Josh was now planning to kill her during the trip. She may have revealed the accounts she had, or whatever, but Josh had it in his mind what he was going to do. Susan was probably told they wouldn't be out too long or something (by Josh) to coerce her into going with them, once he made up his mind to kill her.

3)I think he and Susan and the boys went walking in the snow at a far off location with the notion of setting up camp. Josh knew the area they were at well enough, that he knew where to get Susan into an area like a mine shaft, or a cliff, or hole, or whatever, and he got her separated from the rest of the group. At that point he had Susan in a spot she couldnt escape from, and he simply left her to die. The boys were probably close enough to need some sort of explanation from Josh, and that is where the 'mommy fell in a hole' comment came about.

I just dont see Josh killing her in some sort of violent way. He's not physically or mentally capable imo and has the personality of an absolute coward it seems. This seems like a more likely way for him to do this sort of killing, in a passive sort of way. BTW, if he DID kill her at home I fully beleive she was drugged for the same reason. HE had no marks of any type of a struggle right after this all happened.

I have followed this case since day 1. I have also followed every single thread here and have read 99% of the posts.

Now that I have that out of the way, I want to say that at first I thought Josh killed Susan, at home, at or around the time of the van alarm going off in the garage. I have just recently began thinking of another theory that I think makes even more sense:

1)Susan wouldn't let Josh take the kids camping, and they had an argument that escalated to the point of someone setting off the van alarm at around 11PM

2)Susuan eventually gave in, and decided to go 'camping' with Josh and the boys, but the fight had boiled to the point where all of their demons had been let loose and Josh was now planning to kill her during the trip. She may have revealed the accounts she had, or whatever, but Josh had it in his mind what he was going to do. Susan was probably told they wouldn't be out too long or something (by Josh) to coerce her into going with them, once he made up his mind to kill her.

3)I think he and Susan and the boys went walking in the snow at a far off location with the notion of setting up camp. Josh knew the area they were at well enough, that he knew where to get Susan into an area like a mine shaft, or a cliff, or hole, or whatever, and he got her separated from the rest of the group. At that point he had Susan in a spot she couldnt escape from, and he simply left her to die. The boys were probably close enough to need some sort of explanation from Josh, and that is where the 'mommy fell in a hole' comment came about.

I just dont see Josh killing her in some sort of violent way. He's not physically or mentally capable imo and has the personality of an absolute coward it seems. This seems like a more likely way for him to do this sort of killing, in a passive sort of way. BTW, if he DID kill her at home I fully beleive she was drugged for the same reason. HE had no marks of any type of a struggle right after this all happened.

If Susan was going camping with Josh, the house would have been lit up, due to the preparations that needed to be made, when the neighbor arrived home at 11:45 to hear the car alarm going off in the garage.

Susan was a very responsible person who wouldn't have given into Josh about going on a camping trip in the middle of winter and leaving after midnight.

Susan would have never left her purse and cell phone behind.

JP may have drugged Susan and made her go with him that way.

I don't recall reading that either boy said "Mommy fell down a hole".

There is a chance Susan could have been alive in the van but I doubt she was sitting up in the front seat with her seat belt on.

Good theory, but I just feel Susan wouldn't let Josh or agree to a camping adventure beginning around midnight in the weather that night. Too, why wake the kids up at that time knowing they had to get up early and go to daycare, while Susan & Josh had to be at work the next day? I don't think Susan would have gone for it.

How many of you have lived with a member of the opposite sex who you loathed but had to sleep with in the same bed?

How many of you have been stuck in an abusive relationship you so desperately wanted to get out of but didn't have the strength?

How many of you have had to put up with continual sexual advances which you repeatedly thwarted by pretending to be asleep, outright ordering the person to leave you alone, going to stay with a friend, sleeping on the couch, etc.

I spent many years living with a man in that situation.

I believed it was wrong to have sex without being married and it angered me to no end when this abusive man would make sexual advances towards me. I would sleep as close to the edge of the king sized bed and hope he would leave me alone.

He would leave me alone for awhile, knowing that it was wrong to have sex without being married because he was raised the same way as I was.

However, his sexual desire would build and build and his anger from being rejected would rage within him until he would lose his temper and say or do the most horrible things.

Nobody likes to be rejected sexually, especially a wife by her husband. It is not only sexually frustrating but hurtful.

Women have sexual desires and need for affection, just as men do.

How about this scenario, and mind you, this is my opinion only and is not to be taken in any other way.

Let's say JP didn't like to have sex because he found it repulsive to a degree that Susan found herself having to beg for her husband to make love to her.

If that was the case, the fact that JP was being so caring as to make Susan a meal, cover her with a blanket, take the children out of the house so she could rest, etc. perhaps gave Susan the wrong idea, that JP was being so unusually attentive that she was aroused by the unusual attention and thought perhaps JP would make love to her.

Perhaps, when JP did go to bed that night, Susan, once again, attempted to get her husband to make love to her, something which really angered JP because he detested love making.

He'd had it. He rejected Susan once again which angered Susan as well who said, "You know what! I deserve better than this! You are my husband and the fact you won't make love to me is more than I can take. I am going to take the boys and I am leaving!"

Susan gets out of bed, grabs the van keys, attempts to get the boys and leave............ and you know the rest of the story.

Look at this photo! Josh can hardly stand to touch Susan's arm!
image5977782-1.jpg

Cowboy, Your theory is well thought through, but is based on POI actually wanting to go camping in the middle of the night in December when the weather isn't going to be above freezing for the day or night. This makes no sense to me. What makes you think that? What is out in the desert two hours away to inspire hauling marshmallows, sticks and chocolate bars that far?

I can imagine he decided to go camping as a result of a fight. It's not uncommon for someone with a shabby RV to live in it in the winter rather than stay in an unhappy marriage, but honestly, I've never seen one in the remotest places in snow, and a van isn't an RV.

I'm at the extreme end of the spectrum, and actually enjoy camping in snow sometimes, but this whole thing isn't at all how it plays out. It takes a lot more planning than anyone has indicated went on here.

The kids going with him, that is a sign of a pretty major struggle to me. The sheets are split at this point, one way or another.

IMO. JMO. MOO

If Susan was going camping with Josh, the house would have been lit up, due to the preparations that needed to be made,
when the neighbor arrived home at 11:45 to hear the car alarm going off in the garage.

Susan was a very responsible person who wouldn't have given into Josh about going on a camping trip in the middle of winter and leaving after midnight.

Susan would have never left her purse and cell phone behind.

JP may have drugged Susan and made her go with him that way.

I don't recall reading that either boy said "Mommy fell down a hole".

There is a chance Susan could have been alive in the van but I doubt she was sitting up in the front seat with her seat belt on....

PickieChickie, Wasn't this on a Sunday night?? very strange behavior in my opinion...why didn't J go camping that Sunday morning, why wait til the middle of the night?

Most people I know put the children to bed fairly early on a Sunday night, in

fact, most people I know are home and in bed by 11:00 pm on a snowy, December, Sunday night.

PickieChickie, Wasn't this on a Sunday night?? very strange behavior in my opinion...why didn't J go camping that Sunday morning, why wait til the middle of the night?

Most people I know put the children to bed fairly early on a Sunday night, in

fact, most people I know are home and in bed by 11:00 pm on a snowy, December, Sunday night.

Yes, it was Sunday night! And, to top it off, he'd left at 5:00 PM in 25 degree weather to take his boys sledding in the dark only to leave to go camping several hours after he returned when he was to be to work 8 hours later!

Yes, it was Sunday night! And, to top it off, he'd left at 5:00 PM in 25 degree weather to take his boys sledding in the dark only to leave to go camping several hours after he returned when he was to be to work 8 hours later!

What a crock of...! :croc:

Pickie,

Considering the possible scenario you suggest related to sex/no sex - just think how tense it must have been in that house. Yet, Jovanna did not pick up on anything unusual? How could a couple hide it so well? I don't think I could.

I often find myself wondering if Susan ever thought that her husband might kill her. I was married to someone who was abusive verbally and then did hit me so hard it's a wonder I didn't have a closed head injury. I did go to court the next day and the judge told me many a woman is killed when they put up with abuse. My marriage was over at that point. The judge also told me that children who witness this often end up abusers themselves. I often think of Susan and wonder if she was thinking of bailing out on that marriage and just needed a little more time. I am very worried that the body may not be found.Pickie Chickie you have done a wonderful job in keeping us informed on the latest information. I think this case has hit a lot of us very hard...I know I think about it a lot....

Yes, it was Sunday night!

And, to top it off, he'd left at 5:00 PM in 25 degree weather to take his boys sledding in the dark,
only to leave to go camping several hours after he returned when he was to be to work 8 hours later!....

PickieChickie, Are you serious?

Who's crazy ideal was that to take 2 small children under 5 years old out in 25 degree weather to sled in the dark, after 5:00 pm?

It seems very ill responsible and bordering on 'child endangerment and child abuse....imo

Cowboy, Your theory is well thought through, but is based on POI actually wanting to go camping in the middle of the night in December when the weather isn't going to be above freezing for the day or night. This makes no sense to me. What makes you think that? What is out in the desert two hours away to inspire hauling marshmallows, sticks and chocolate bars that far?

I can imagine he decided to go camping as a result of a fight. It's not uncommon for someone with a shabby RV to live in it in the winter rather than stay in an unhappy marriage, but honestly, I've never seen one in the remotest places in snow, and a van isn't an RV.

I'm at the extreme end of the spectrum, and actually enjoy camping in snow sometimes, but this whole thing isn't at all how it plays out.
It takes a lot more planning than anyone has indicated went on here.

The kids going with him, that is a sign of a pretty major struggle to me.

The sheets are split at this point, one way or another.

IMO. JMO. MOO

grayjay,
Children that age would have been happy just roasting marshmallows with a little camp fire in the fireplace or backyard or fire on the grill in the back yard.

I agree, something is very wrong with this picture.

I think Susan may have been being poisoned and the sledding trip may have been designed to allow something to happen while they were elsewhere, as an alibi. When it didn't - when she was still alive - further steps were taken.

I think Susan may have been being poisoned and the sledding trip may have been designed to allow something to happen while they were elsewhere, as an alibi. When it didn't - when she was still alive - further steps were taken.

I agree with this scenario.

If he wanted to make a phone call, the sledding trip might have been a good excuse. It would just depend on his definition of sledding. It's amazing the activities men will mix with babysitting. I'm just saying. :D

I don't think he'd poison Susan with JoVanna there. Maybe he gave her a sedative so he could do things with the boys.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back