GUILTY UT - Tyerell Przybycien, 18, charged w filming & assisting 16 yr old's suicide, May 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
no words can express my feelings that would be fit for WS. I am not sure how I can follow another "assisted suicide" case so soon after Conrad Roy's death.

Cocomod, your son and the friends are going to need a lot of support and freedom to speak about this if they need. Hard enough for us who are up in years to comprehend, but those kids are all at their most vulnerable stage with death and reality of this cruel world we are living in. My heart breaks for all who knew the young lady and the boy, as this will always be in the back of their minds the rest of their lives. Hug your son and tell him how much he is loved... please. :hug:

What is wrong with this world that people can do such things. I am sickened.

Apparently the value of a life isn't what it used to be. He couldn't just watch a "kill" movie -- he had to be the director, the actor and the viewer of this "movie." Cheap ticket -- it only cost him approx. $6.00 for the can of keyboard air duster (or similar) to participate. He is 18 years old -- an adult. Not good news for him when he walks into the courtroom. And I'll echo an earlier post -- just why is his bail so flippin' low?

She was 16 years old. People loved her.

Keyboard cleaner gives quick, dangerous high

NEW YORK — Teens call it “dusting,” but it has nothing to do with cleaning their rooms. Slang for their newest way of getting high — sucking in the compressed gas of computer keyboard cleaner — it can be deadly even for a first-time user.

“Take a full can of Dust-Off and inhale as much as you can — it has to be full,” said one anonymous high-school senior, explaining how it works. “You get really lightheaded for about 10 seconds. It’s a stupid high.”

. . .
Teens suck the gas from the thin straw attached to the can’s nozzle. The high from the gas paralyzes the user for a few minutes, creating a feeling of euphoria. But those few minutes can result in damage to the brain, kidneys and liver

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/keyboard-cleaner-gives-quick-dangerous-high/

Ugh indeed. :(

The same article notes he's facing first-degree murder charges for his role in that poor girl's suicide.

Surely that charge will result in a no-bond situation for him.

I am not a verified insider, but I am from Spanish Fork. I can tell you how deeply the community has been affected by this event. My son and his friends went to school with the accused - Tyerell. My younger son's friends were friends with Jelly. My kids knew of the event in early before I saw it on the news. In my opinion only - the kids that I know say that Tyerell was always a "bit off"!! However, it is deeply shaking and disturbing when "a bit off" becomes a murderer. My kids and the kids in school all feel like this was murder and do NOT think this was okay. They all also believe he "groomed" her by befriending someone in need of mental health counseling.

bbm - Where have we seen this before? What is happening to some of these kids? (Please note: "some of these kids.") Where on their list of valuables is their humanity?

And thanks, cocomod, for the comments.

Absolutely sickening.... I don't even think the media and reports should be referring to Jchandra Brown as "committing suicide" IMO - he manipulated a naive 16 year old who was in need of help, bought the items involved, drove her to the spot and watched her die - he may as well have murdered her.

I wonder what the thinking behind leaving the phone to be found and coming forward to the police was, he obviously thought that legally he had done nothing wrong.... I hope he gets the maximum sentence to stop this horrible new trend that seems to be emerging.

Absolutely sickening.... I don't even think the media and reports should be referring to Jchandra Brown as "committing suicide" IMO - he manipulated a naive 16 year old who was in need of help, bought the items involved, drove her to the spot and watched her die - he may as well have murdered her.

I wonder what the thinking behind leaving the phone to be found and coming forward to the police was, he obviously thought that legally he had done nothing wrong.... I hope he gets the maximum sentence to stop this horrible new trend that seems to be emerging.

Same exact mentality of Conrad Roy case. Michelle and her parents both feel "she made a mistake" but are not guilty of anything. Even tho they are both murderers.

Hopefully this case creates the case law conrads failed to do so we can protect these kids from the predators.

Shades of Michelle Carter yet different in the fact that Tyerell was physically there. He gave her the tools to complete the tasks plus encouraged her to finish.

I believe there is a fine line with assisted suicide and this is not one of them. This guy makes me sick to my stomach the same as MC thinking what they did was okay.

Rip young lady, you deserved help not death!

Shades of Michelle Carter yet different in the fact that Tyerell was physically there. He gave her the tools to complete the tasks plus encouraged her to finish.

I believe there is a fine line with assisted suicide and this is not one of them. This guy makes me sick to my stomach the same as MC thinking what they did was okay.

Rip young lady, you deserved help not death!

I think Michelle might as well have been there. She told him the generator to buy and to get back in the truck to die. Culpability is the same.

Both of these cases are so twisted it's mind bending.

This is where technology has failed us in life....

Hopefully this case creates the case law conrads failed to do so we can protect these kids from the predators.

"Predators" -- I hadn't thought of that word to describe them, but it, IMO, is exactly correct. Just like the predators that lure children into a car with a cute stuffed animal, etc., or the man or woman who preys on a recent widow/er with kind words and hugs, only to either inherit a bunch of money or proceeds from life insurance.

Predators. Yes.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46124080&n...possible-without-friends-help-prosecutors-say

If it hadn't been for the encouragement and assistance of an older friend, a 16-year-old Spanish Fork girl would not have taken her own life earlier this year.

That was the argument prosecutors made Tuesday as they pushed a judge to order Tyerell Przybycien, 18, to stand trial for murder in the death of 16-year-old Jchandra Brown.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=46124080&n...possible-without-friends-help-prosecutors-say

If it hadn't been for the encouragement and assistance of an older friend, a 16-year-old Spanish Fork girl would not have taken her own life earlier this year.

That was the argument prosecutors made Tuesday as they pushed a judge to order Tyerell Przybycien, 18, to stand trial for murder in the death of 16-year-old Jchandra Brown.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

He is also facing charges in a separate, ongoing case that remains on hold while the murder charge is adjudicated.

In that case, police who obtained a warrant to search Przybycien's phone after his arrest reported they found child *advertiser censored* and he was later charged with five counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, a second-degree felony.

http://via.fox13now.com/w9Q0J

PROVO, Utah — A judge has ordered a Spanish Fork man to face trial for murder in connection with the suicide of a 16-year-old girl.

In a ruling handed down Monday night, 4th District Court Judge James Brady ordered Tyerell Przybycien, 18, to stand trial on murder and abuse or desecration of a human body.

Thanks for the info -- I haven't forgotten about this one. I wonder how a jury will see this. I still cannot get over someone wanting to film this. What are we doing to ourselves and our fellow human?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1
Back