VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the car being found that close to Grandma's building takes a few theories off the table, and adds a few as well. I have been to the Kid to Kid store she recently got the job at, it is a nice but quiet plaza. The fabric store next door is high end and the Play It Again sports place is never terribly busy. Someone sitting outside stalking her could have gone unnoticed. The buildings there sit up a but from rt. 29, the first time we went to the fabric store we drove right past it!

Well, the gym said they have cameras pointed in the direction of where the car was found, so hopefully LE will see who parked it.

Is it normal to keep the family so hush? And to not take questions? <modsnip>

If we are to believe that someone associated with her dumped her car in Charlottesville, then how did this person get her car in the first place?

Well, the gym said they have cameras pointed in the direction of where the car was found, so hopefully LE will see who parked it.

I expect to see ccvid on this tomorrow or the next day if they cannot id the person who dumped the car.

If they can Id the person it may take longer (in my experience) for them to build a case, question the person, and make a statement to the public (<---meaning the fbi)

she was going to a hair appointment for her senior picture. Her hair. Her senior picture. she was looking forward to school and wants to be an accountant (good at math to like that career path imhoo). She was never late. Always home on time. Always on her phone.

Something went horribly wrong on the way to her extension appointment imhoo.

btw, her family in that presser were just so strong and so supportive. They want their girl home. My heart bled when her mother spoke

It is fortunate that it was left there during the the daytime and not when it is dark, apparently.

she was going to a hair appointment for her senior picture. Her hair. Her senior picture. she was looking forward to school and wants to be an accountant (good at math to like that career path imhoo). She was never late. Always home on time. Always on her phone.

Something went horribly wrong on the way to her extension appointment imhoo.

She was buying extensions for a hair appt on Weds, minor detail I know. :blushing:

Do you think the alarm may have been activated so that someone close by would know when it was found?

I expect to see ccvid on this tomorrow or the next day if they cannot id the person who dumped the car.

If they can Id the person it may take longer (in my experience) for them to build a case, question the person, and make a statement to the public (<---meaning the fbi)

Indeed. And I forgot to mention that the video would also have a timestamp so they would know exactly when it was parked as well. This could be a huge break for them if the video exists. If it was her on camera and it was parked - as reported - on Tuesday, then she may be ok.

The 'extended family' thing - though a rumor - concerns me a bit. Especially with the car being found so close to her grandmother's house, and purportedly not dumped until Tuesday afternoon.

To me, the problem is that she went missing on a Saturday and her car "showed up" in the parking lot after 11 am on Tuesday.

Where was it in the mean time?

If someone was close by they would know the car was found by the police presence though. It is possible a perp locked the car out of habit.

Another problem is that we have a missing person who was seemingly addicted to social media, specifically twitter. She has over 57,000 tweets. Constant stream of communication out to over 11,000 followers. ALL OF THAT SUDDENLY STOPPED. Not a day went by that I can tell where she failed to tweet multiple times.

The above leads me to believe she is somewhere against her will.

her relative said in an upstream article that she always had one thumb on her phone. Yes, I agree.

Another problem is that we have a missing person who was seemingly addicted to social media, specifically twitter. She has over 57,000 tweets. Constant stream of communication out to over 11,000 followers. ALL OF THAT SUDDENLY STOPPED. Not a day went by that I can tell where she failed to tweet multiple times.

The above leads me to believe she is somewhere against her will.

Yes, and along with Twitter, had FB, Instagram, Vine (Vining?), and maybe MySpace?
How do you keep up the frenetic pace of documenting everything in your life on so much social media. It's almost a full time job......which leads me again to the same question: what was she hoping to find with all that effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member