VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone notice that since the surveillance pictures were first posted, around, 3:00 PM, they are suddenly blurrier. I could see a lot more definition on my first look. Now the frame inside the store is as blurry as the original outside one. WhyTF would they do that?

A friend in the VT area, said if anyone has a chance to check the VA 511 cameras.

I don't like to say this, but if some stalker didn't jump in her car while she went into the store, then she may have been enticed by some recruiters, unknowingly or knowingly, and they may have bought her a new phone, clothes, and generally groomed and pampered her. Perhaps she felt like she was going to get famous or have a big break into modeling or even rap videos (like maybe someone said Wale would put her in his videos...something like that.) At first they might "spoil" her but then within a few days they exploit her. It happens everyday all over this country and the world. It is so evil.

According to this article they are researching an area near the gas station for the cell phone. ""ABC 13 is also learning new information about FBI agents looking for Alexis' cellphone at a house off of Cannery Loop, which is only a few miles north of that Liberty Gas Station in Lovingston.

Willis Little is the property owner and says that house was searched earlier on in week. He says FBI agents told him they had reason to believe the cell phone of Alexis Murphy may have been in that area since that piece of property is right off Route 29. Little says that it's his understanding that nothing was found on his property."

Are there any RSO on Canary Loop or in that area?

http://www.wset.com/story/23085986/...alexis-murphy-fbi-searches-home-for-cellphone

From that article.. The FBI is involved - we're told - because of family connections

Also, I wonder if that property is the farm that was searched on Monday, they even looked in the refrigerator per the woman that actually lives there. It is on a news sites FB. jmo

I wondered why the site was so slow. I thought it was because I had a second window open for an article I was writing for Demand Media. I decided to finish up the story and close the sites that I had open for research purposes. That's when I realized the story was on the best schools for medical examiner training, and I had searched for information on schools for forensic pathology. Good grief. I have also searched for strippers in Charlottesville and heaven only knows what else. I hope the FBI doesn't stop by. The house is a mess. But they are welcome to my computer anytime as long as they don't change my fantasy baseball lineup.

That is the reason we are all required to donate to the "Bail Account" before we can become members of WS!

:jail:

I agree, unfortunately.... but I also think that we need to also consider that it may not have been a man used to rope her in... just meaning that we should keep the line of thinking open to all possibilities...

Good point...

pervs often use females to lure unsuspecting girls...

females seem less threatening... The way I,understand it...

JMO

What? They checked a house because they thought her phone might be there? There's something up with that. And I just now finally got to looking at RSOs in Shipman. There are four or five in that tiny little community.

My daughter left her iphone on the school bus 2 yrs ago. I went on to the AT&T site and it showed me the exact house it was located at and we went there and got it.

From that article.. The FBI is involved - we're told - because of family connections

Also, I wonder if that property is the farm that was searched on Monday, they even looked in the refrigerator per the woman that actually lives there. It is on a news sites FB. jmo

I think you could be right, they also are returning to search the property again, there is a news video on the link that shows the interview. They FBI said they got a ping before her cell phone went dead and that is why they were in the area. Also, in the interview they mention a woman from the house that was searched seeing a white car drive strangely through the loop taking a different exit then the usual residents that lived in that area took.

What? They checked a house because they thought her phone might be there? There's something up with that. And I just now finally got to looking at RSOs in Shipman. There are four or five in that tiny little community.

My daughter left her iphone on the school bus 2 yrs ago. I went on to the AT&T site and it showed me the exact house it was located at and we went there and got it.

This right here. If they went to a specific house, she more than likely had GPS enabled on her phone and it is (or was) more than likely somewhere inside or outside of that house.

Also, in the interview they mention a woman from the house that was searched seeing a white car drive strangely through the loop taking a different exit then the usual residents that lived in that area took.

Snipped. I didn't see this. I would love to know what time (and day) the woman saw that car.

"because of family connections". I could really interrupt this a gazillion ways: Mafioso (doubtful), Drug lords (feeling doubtful) or just organized crime in general. OR it could mean a family member is in LE / military with high ranks. Does anyone know the specific branch of FBI that is involved? That would be telling in itself.

I thought about the dealer angle too. She is blowing smoke out in several photos but you don't see her "smoking" - so who knows. She also talks about "molly". A lot of people say a lot of things to shed their good girl/boy persona to appear part of the crowd. I kinda have a feeling she wasn't really using at all. They do random drug tests for athletes at almost every school.

The vapor from electronic cigarettes looks like smoke. too.

About the car ending up in C-Ville: If she left in another car that puts her right near I-64 and from there, she could end up ANYWHERE. I-64 connects to all the major North/South interstates and with little effort can connect to I-85 and then I-40. She could be anywhere, in the US, by now :(

I wonder how much gas she put in the car...

I'm glad they addressed her online persona.

Sad. Just sad. Feel awful for him.

"It was devastating when they found the car," Brown said. "Knowing that she wasn't in it or around it. It was just devastating."

"I'm just desperate," Brown said. "I'm a father. I'm desperate. I've got to find her."

And regarding the social media presence:

Brown says, when he calls her phone now, it goes straight to voicemail. Brown did express some concerns about how much Alexis shared about herself on Facebook, and with her 11,000 followers on Twitter.

"There's always questions about that," Brown said. "I'm a father, so you're going to think that way."

Alexis' grandmother, Janet Brown, is much more concerned with what Alexis put online. She says she did not realize the type of pictures and messages Alexis was posting. Janet Brown is concerned that Alexis attracted the wrong type of crowd.

Regardless, Troy Brown says his daughter needs to know that she is welcome home.

"Alexis, I love you," he said, speaking directly to his daughter. "I'm looking for you. I haven't given up. Come home."

The vapor from electronic cigarettes looks like smoke. too.

About the car ending up in C-Ville: If she left in another car that puts her right near I-64 and from there, she could end up ANYWHERE. I-64 connects to all the major North/South interstates and with little effort can connect to I-85 and then I-40. She could be anywhere, in the US, by now :(

that's honestly what I thought it was or a hookah. The smoke looks "clean" and too white to be weed or cigarettes IMO

"I'm just desperate," Brown said. "I'm a father. I'm desperate. I've got to find her."

How heartbreaking is that.

I would love to know when she saw that car as well! I definitely feel like whatever happened occurred very soon after the gas stop. I have felt that way for awhile and now wonder if someone got into her car while she was inside paying for gas. Is that too risky though? It was light out and I'm not sure how many other customers were at the station. The twitter quote referenced by other sleuthers bothers me because someone mentions seeing her at that gas station wearing the same floral leggings. The clerk also said she was a regular. I'm not familiar with that gas station, but are there houses, apartments, places of business around it? Could someone watch from a house and see the gas station? Did someone see her twitter and decide to wait and see if she stopped for gas? Did they follow her? Did they get in her car? Did she stop in Lovingston at a house and pick up someone? It's been years since I've been to Lovingston and it's a small area. Anyone familiar with that gas station and surrounding properties?

This right here. If they went to a specific house, she

more than likely had GPS enabled on her phone and it is (or was) more than likely somewhere inside or outside of that house.

Snipped. I didn't see this. I would love to know what time (and day) the woman saw that car.

someone posted yesterday that is one of the only gas stations in the area.

Her father is the father we have lacked in so many cases, when we wonder why the parents are not on TV begging for their child...FWIW.

Oh my, these poor parents. :cry:

I have been out all day, and was so hoping to come home and find good news. I'm going to latch onto the "case is progressing by leaps and bounds daily" remark by LE and hang onto that for hope.

Fantastic posting, all. And welcome to all new posters, especially the locals and those who know family. Your insights are appreciated! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benjysmom