VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to kind of echo what others have said, most likely this was a two-person stalker job. I hate to sound like I'm stereotyping, but anyone who knows the area knows that there's no scene more common than two guys driving around in a pick up truck. I say it's probably a stalking case gone violent because the perps knew exactly where to find her, where to put her car to make people think she was in that area. I'm guessing she might have been followed from her house.

Your entire post was great, but I snipped this part to elaborate. I wonder if she wasn't involved with or talking to someone else's boyfriend and this became a 'prove your love for me' kind of plotted revenge. Or, perhaps she was talking to a white boy, and his white girlfriend/parents didn't like it very much.

Yeah, I know it sounds over the top, but lately we've seen some weird conspiracies over some fairly petty things. Especially amongst young people, who don't seem to know how to control their emotions like they did in times past (adults don't either, FWIW). Their rage over minor things can be mindblowing at times.

True! Like the two young girls that murdered another young girl just because they didn't want to be friends with her anymore. I was stunned! So many possibilities running through my head. Just waiting on new updates and info now.

Your entire post was great, but I snipped this part to elaborate. I wonder if she wasn't involved with or talking to someone else's boyfriend and this became a 'prove your love for me' kind of plotted revenge. Or, perhaps she was talking to a white boy, and his white girlfriend/parents didn't like it very much.

Yeah, I know it sounds over the top, but lately we've seen some weird conspiracies over some fairly petty things. Especially amongst young people, who don't seem to know how to control their emotions like they did in times past. Their rage over minor things can be mindblowing at times.

Yeah, I know it sounds over the top, but lately we've seen some weird conspiracies over some fairly petty things. Especially amongst young people, who don't seem to know how to control their emotions like they did in times past (adults don't either, FWIW). Their rage over minor things can be mindblowing at times.
Hey, thanks for the compliment. You know, I'm thinking about this case in terms of how to categorize what happened. I think motive would only be some into play if there ever comes a trial. But right now, the question is what caused this girl to disappear, or how could she disappear into thin air in daylight. I mean, with Morgan Harrington, she left a concert when it was dark night on foot, her killing was probably a spur of the moment occurance, unlucky run in with a murderer. But, this case just has premeditated written all over it for me.

As for the interracial thing, there are tons of ethnically mixed people in the area where she's from, lots of mixed race couples, so even if she dated someone else's boyfriend who just happened to be white (which personally, I don't think she did, she seemed too narcissistic to be hung up on anyone but herself. I don't mean this in a disparaging way, it's just seems to me that she was more into herself, in her own little world, than about having a boyfriend), I don't think it would have been a question of "I'm gonna get that black girl for stealing my white boyfriend," not in her neighborhood.

I taught high school before. Girls can be mean as heck to each other, but this is much more sinister. Alexis wasn't a giant, but she wasn't a small girl either, and she was sassy from what we know. So, I'm guessing 1- she knew the person/people involved, 2- they are local to the area/have connections outside of the area, and 3-they are probably people she may have had issues with the past, given her online persona thing.

I also don't trust anything anyone would say at that gas station. Not one single thing.

Interesting information!

Especially about that gas station! Thanks! My cousin spent her early childhood years in Lovingston and her family had one of the older homes right on the main street but I haven't been there in quite some time!

Hey, thanks for the compliment. You know, I'm thinking about this case in terms of how to categorize what happened. I think motive would only be some into play if there ever comes a trial. But right now, the question is what caused this girl to disappear, or how could she disappear into thin air in daylight. I mean, with Morgan Harrington, she left a concert when it was dark night on foot, her killing was probably a spur of the moment occurance, unlucky run in with a murderer. But, this case just has premeditated written all over it for me.

As for the interracial thing, there are tons of ethnically mixed people in the area where she's from, lots of mixed race couples, so even if she dated someone else's boyfriend who just happened to be white (which personally, I don't think she did, she seemed too narcissistic to be hung up on anyone but herself. I don't mean this in a disparaging way, it's just seems to me that she was more into herself, in her own little world, than about having a boyfriend), I don't think it would have been a question of "I'm gonna get that black girl for stealing my white boyfriend," not in her neighborhood.

I taught high school before. Girls can be mean as heck to each other, but this is much more sinister. Alexis wasn't a giant, but she wasn't a small girl either, and she was sassy from what we know. So, I'm guessing 1- she knew the person/people involved, 2- they are local to the area/have connections outside of the area, and 3-they are probably people she may have had issues with the past, given her online persona thing.

I also don't trust anything anyone would say at that gas station. Not one single thing.

ribbonalexis.jpg

Early Saturday morning Ramona and her mother, Jayne, picked up dozens of pink ribbons from local florists.

"We put them all the way from Alexis' home to Lovingston," said Jayne Bryant.

The Liberty gas station, where Alexis was last seen by surveillance video from inside the convenience store, has several ribbons.

It's all for Alexis Murphy who has been missing for almost a week now.

"We just think it's a great idea to have them up so people can see and are aware," Ramona said.

http://www.newsplex.com/home/headli...d-With-Pink-Ribbons-for-Alexis-219137521.html

But right now, the question is what caused this girl to disappear, or how could she disappear into thin air in daylight. I mean, with Morgan Harrington, she left a concert when it was dark night on foot, her killing was probably a spur of the moment occurance, unlucky run in with a murderer. But, this case just has premeditated written all over it for me.

The bolded is what concerns me as well. In my view, she disappeared in broad daylight either due to a run in with someone at the Liberty that continued onward (i.e. random perp or familiar individual) or she stopped by somewhere after she left the Liberty and something occurred there. If the reports are true and she was approached by/engaged with someone at the pumps, then the first scenario has more legs, IMO. The reason I feel it all stems from the Liberty is because apparently she had no other electronic communications after that, and her phone went dead shortly after her stop there. But you're right, it could have been premeditated and aimed specifically towards her, or it could have been premeditated in that someone planned this in advance but with no specific person in mind.

Respectfully disagree. That racism isn't as outwardly apparent in a community doesn't mean it isn't festering in individuals within that community.

This is as good a theory as any right now. I too believe that if this wasn't a random crime of opportunity, that it was probably a well thought out deal by folks who don't like her very much.

Born and raised in a little town called Covington about 45 mins from roanoke but moved to Harrisonburg for college.

My mother in law lives in Covington and I live near Harrisonburg.

I was hoping there would be a break in the case after last nights search.

searched NAMUS for missing women in VA since 1999 and came up with 40 results. Of course not all are linked and maybe even none are. I'm not familair with Virginia so I have no clue which of these are near where Alexis went missing from, but if anyone who is familiar with VA wants to go look, you just go to www.findthemissing.org, click on missing persons, click on search at the top left of the page, and set the case info to females in Virginia with the last known alive date as 1999 (or earlier/later if you prefer).

There are quite a few women missing from Newport News, which I think is a couple of hours from Charlottesville. Henrico & Norfolk also seem to have a relatively high number of missing women. I think Henrico is a little over an hour from Charlottesville and Norfolk is two and a half hours away. (All my times are based on google, so maybe a local would know better).

Your times are pretty accurate! I'm outside of Richmond, my dad is in C'Ville, and I used to work in Newport News. :)

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23101835/fbi-showing-businesses-photo-of-man-tied-to-murphy-case

FBI Showing Businesses Photo of Man Possibly Tied to Murphy Case

Does this mean that there is a person of interest? Wish they'd hand over more information, but I understand why they cannot.

EDIT: From my search it seems that Ultimate Bliss, the business in the article, is a sort of lingerie/sex shop... This worries me if this is true. What would a 17 year old girl be doing in here? If not by her own curiosity, why would she go here? I certainly don't believe she'd go here alone. I say this because I am a few years older and even my best friend begged me to go with her on her first and only visit to this kind of place. If she happened to be here, I believe it was through force or coercion.
This is only speculation, but the article just leads to me believe that LE suspects she may have visited these places.

Why those two places? Is Angus Road near where the car was found?

http://www.nbc29.com/story/23101835/fbi-showing-businesses-photo-of-man-tied-to-murphy-case

Does this mean that there is a person of interest? Wish they'd hand over more information, but I understand why they cannot.

EDIT: From my search it seems that Ultimate Bliss, the business in the article, is a sort of lingerie/sex shop... This worries me if this is true. What would a 17 year old girl be doing in here? If not by her own curiosity, why would she go here? I certainly don't believe she'd go here alone. I say this because I am a few years older and even my best friend begged me to go with her on her first and only visit to this kind of place. If she happened to be here, I believe it was through force or coercion.
This is only speculation, but the article just leads to me believe that LE suspects she may have visited these places.

From the above link: Ultimate Bliss turned over surveillance video to investigators.

A earlier tweet: nbc29 FBI went to specific stores today for more tape and to get information--latest at 10 #alexismurphy

jmo but I don't think she was shopping there.

I found something that said Ultimate Bliss is the only sex shop in CV....ok, so that makes sense...FBI trying to identify a POI and wondering if he frequented that shop... MOO

Why those two places? Is Angus Road near where the car was found?

I found something that said Ultimate Bliss is the only sex shop in CV....ok, so that makes sense...FBI trying to identify a POI and wondering if he frequented that shop... MOO

They turned over video, so the FBI must have more concrete info than just a hunch or random 'only sex shop' inquiry. They could have the car on video on Angus Rd and possibly even at those two locations. They could also have narrowed down a pool of suspects and noticed that one of those had entered both places on the night in question.

In a warped way, if she was kidnapped I almost want this to be the case. If it is some sicko engaging his fantasy by buying stuff for her to wear, etc., then she could very well still be alive.

Angus Road is getting awfully close to where Morgan Harrington disappeared.

Could Alexis have texted the suspect and maybe sent racey pics to him in relation to an Ultimate Bliss trip? At the shop, she wouldn't have been able to get farther than the front part of the shop (it has clothes, lingerie, shoes, etc) in the front part. You have to show an ID and be 18 or over to get farther. But, Cville just had a huge fake ID bust a few months ago so apparently those are easy to get. They DO have cameras throughout the store. Don't know if they are actually functioning.

From the article... It says they said they did not see her in the stores:

FBI agents are showing pictures of a man to business owners in Charlottesville as part of the Alexis Murphy case.

Federal agents descended on the Ultimate Bliss adult shop and Quick Pik convenience store on Angus Road Saturday afternoon. Employees at both locations said agents showed them photographs of a man and questioned them about Murphy. Both say they did not see the 17-year-old.

Ultimate Bliss turned over surveillance video to investigators.

The FBI has confirmed agents are showing photos of people seen in close proximity to Murphy on other surveillance cameras and attempting to identify those people.

Could Alexis have texted the suspect and maybe sent racey pics to him in relation to an Ultimate Bliss trip? At the shop, she wouldn't have been able to get farther than the front part of the shop (it has clothes, lingerie, shoes, etc) in the front part. You have to show an ID and be 18 or over to get farther. But, Cville just had a huge fake ID bust a few months ago so apparently those are easy to get. They DO have cameras throughout the store. Don't know if they are actually functioning.

I don't think so. If she communicated with this cat at all electronically or via social media, he would more than likely be in custody by now. I don't think Alexis would go to this store to tell you the truth. She probably didn't even know it existed.

I agree because it gives hope she is still alive...I found myself saying good .....just because he might keep her alive.

They turned over video, so the FBI must have more concrete info than just a hunch or random 'only sex shop' inquiry. They could have the car on video on Angus Rd and possibly even at those two locations. They could also have narrowed down a pool of suspects and noticed that one of those had entered both places on the night in question.

In a warped way, if she was kidnapped I almost want this to be the case. If it is some sicko engaging his fantasy by buying stuff for her to wear, etc., then she could very well still be alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member