VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 2m
Law enforcement sources do not believe she's alive. Currently searching near Country Ln. & Rt 29 #FindAlexisMurphy

This is what a lot of us feared. Searching wooded areas as opposed to a house on the property is obviously not a good sign.

I would also add that @BedfordInformer seems to be credible at this point, and they are breaking the news at a faster rate than other networks. I would keep an eye out there.

Not sure if someone else already posted this.
Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 3m
Law enforcement sources do not believe she's alive. Currently searching near Country Ln. & Rt 29 #FindAlexisMurphy
Collapse

Do we have other photos of this guy besides his mug shot? I'd like to compare him a little more to that composite of the stalker in Nurse's link above...

Bless her heart, pray for a miracle but I can't think there is any way she is alive.

Not sure if someone else already posted this.
Bedford News ‏@BedfordInformer 3m
Collapse

This brings tears to my eyes. I didn't know Alexis in real life but I've been so invested in this case since last week... with all the ups and downs... I'm praying she's found alive. And if she isn't, I pray she didn't die in vain and that many, many other disappearances and mysteries surrounding missing girls in that area can be solved from this.

that composite above was done after the 1996 case (17 years ago.. how old is this current perp now?)

I heard 48-55 last night but I dont know if an exact age has been said. At 48 then he wouldve been 31 when Alicia Showalter Reynolds went missing. Its highly possible.

I agree the guy is creepy!

He was booked in Nelson Co. I looked it up after the first poster said she was it this morning.

I believe this guy is as guilty as sin.

In regards to race...I don't think this has anything to do with race. I live in Southern VA and while racism does still exist in some ways it doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't see this becoming some racial thing at all. It is a woman thing. Samantha Clarke was white. There have been cases of black men killing white girls and now white men killing black girls. I don't see any connection with race honestly.

On her ask. fm account she had someone call her a N gal because she didn't answer a sexual question. However, there are those in the USA who will take anything and make it into a racial issue. If they got a hold or linked that information to him, it would be considered by a lot racially motivated, even though it seems he is a serial killer with no preference people will use it as a platform.

I believe this guy is as guilty as sin.

In regards to race...I don't think this has anything to do with race. I live in Southern VA and while racism does still exist in some ways it doesn't seem that bad to me. I don't see this becoming some racial thing at all. It is a woman thing. Samantha Clarke was white. There have been cases of black men killing white girls and now white men killing black girls. I don't see any connection with race honestly.

Without intending to derail the thread - sometimes it is hard for those outside of the marginalized group to see the problems. And obviously I have no idea what group you yourself belong to :). But just because in one person's experience they don't see evidence of a problem, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

May all grievances be aired, confronted, and solved. :please: and may Alexis lead LE to answers and evidence that will put this guy away for good, whatever the motivations and surrounding issues. :please:

Do we have other photos of this guy besides his mug shot? I'd like to compare him a little more to that composite of the stalker in Nurse's link above...

cover-clarke-randy-taylor.jpg

cover-clarke-taylor-rhea.jpg

His eyes are like Philip Garrido, the man who kidnapped Jaycee Lee Dugard...

If they have looked at him from the beginning, this might explain the heavy FBI involvement right away. Do they get called in if its a suspected serial killer? I would hope so!

It would be interesting to know when RT got those tats since the Route 29 stalker composite doesn't show any.

I don't see how this guy could ever have been mistaken for or described as possibly being black, i.e as Morgan's killer has been described.

no wonder the fbi came in so fast! Once they saw him on the ccvid they were all over this dude. In that article posted upstream (hook) part of the article said (paraphrased) that the police were harassing him and one time pulled up behind him with lights flashing ON 29

:eek:

If they have looked at him from the beginning, this might explain the heavy FBI involvement right away. Do they get called in if its a suspected serial killer? I would hope so!

read that hook article :eek:

once he was captured in the ccvid it was basically game over for him

(also makes me really mad that the media would report that the fbi was called in due to "family connections"! :stormingmad:)

Until we hear differently, I'm holding out hope for her! She appeared to be a very strong, spunky ball of fire kind of girl. People have survived longer than this left out in the elements. Hold on Alexis, LE is doing all they can!!!

(I don't usually have nightmares/bad dreams, but I jumped straight up in bed this morning at exactly 3:20 am. I felt hands around my neck, squeezing, and I couldn't breathe. At the same time, I heard, we found her, she's barely breathing, call her parents. But of course I went to bed thinking about all the breaking news, too).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TawnyTRC