VA - Alexis Murphy, 17, Shipman, 3 Aug 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good on all you guys that early on that connected RAT as a POI!!

Bedford Informer has now released that RAT was POI in previously unsolved crimes. This is much bigger than we imagined. Generally after an arrest, a presser is an immediate, even if the victim hasn't been located. I would guess they're gathering as much information and evidence as possible before the 11:30 announcement. I can only expect that if this is the right guy, they may look very heavily into the other abductions and disappearances that have taken place up and down 29.

I hope for a safe return, but the 'active crime scene' tag does worry me. This obviously wouldn't be where she was abducted, so I have a feeling they are starting to understand what's happened to her. I am really hoping they find her safe, but it doesn't look good.

Holy Crap!!! Just catching up on all of this. I really had a feeling it wasn't the kid. I didn't even know anything about the dad, now it turns out that he was previously looked at in another disappearance?? This guy could be a full on serial killer! There are several disappearances (Morgan Harrington anyone??) of young women in this small area. I know they found other DNA but wow this is a big thing.

I do not have much hope though that poor Alexis is alive though. He has most likely killed her. This is terrible.

He is only being held on abduction...he probably wont tell them where her body is b/c then he'll be charged with murder. They must be looking. He is probably not that smart, they will find her...hoping they will so he will get charged with murder and her family can at least lay her to rest properly. It is a big rural area around there though so they have their work cut out for them. Tragic and heartbreaking. I am also very sad for this man's son, who seems to have known and probably cared about Alexis. I can't imagine what he is going through as well knowing his Dad did this.

Ok, I am heading to bed with just a little bit of hope left in my heart. Thinking of her loved ones :praying:

He is only being held on abduction...he probably wont tell them where her body is b/c then he'll be charged with murder. They must be looking. He is probably not that smart, they will find her...hoping they will so he will get charged with murder and her family can at least lay her to rest properly. It is a big rural area around there though so they have their work cut out for them. Tragic and heartbreaking. I am also very sad for this man's son, who seems to have known and probably cared about Alexis. I can't imagine what he is going through as well knowing his Dad did this.

First, it has nothing to do with Jr and Sr. There is no son. This is a different RT, Randy Allen Taylor.

Also... if they haven't found Samantha, and (if) he is the perp... he is smart enough to hide bodies, and the area is full of possibilities. Heavily wooded, rugged.

I pray to god she is found alive -- and any other women he might have abducted or have been involved with!!!!

AM's aunts are both expected to be at the press conference at 11:30 and will make a statement.

I know this is all rumored but there is suddenly heavy talk on twitter about her being found. I am taking this with a grain of salt at the moment, but I figured it was worth mentioning if anyone wants to check the feed.

Mabye charged in Albermarle b/c her car was found there? That is strange. Mabye they feel the crime was committed there? Or mabye b/c they have more resources there than in Nelson?

I bet they find her body in Nelson though. It would be easier to dispose of there then in Charlottesville.

I am just going to throw this out there, since there never was any body found in Samantha Clarke's case RAT could be involved in Human Trafficking. I know a lot of people in the USA ignore it but it could still be a possibility. It would at least put AM and SC still alive, and also might be the reason nothing was ever found. Again just a speculation and IMO. Just hoping for the best. It's a long shot but what if he is involved in human trafficking. Again JMO.

First, it has nothing to do with Jr and Sr. There is no son. This is a different RT, Randy Allen Taylor.

Also... if they haven't found Samantha, and (if) he is the perp... he is smart enough to hide bodies, and the area is full of possibilities. Heavily wooded, rugged.

OK sorry about that. Just catching up.

That doesn't look like the same guy in the mugshot above...

I don't think the fugitive dude from NC is the same RAT. The VA one looks old and haggard.

<modsnip>
Randy Allen Taylor

This dude gives me the serious creeps. I come from a high crime, inner city place, and I'll take an encounter with any random city criminal over this guy any day. :twocents:

You know, I am not a religious person anymore. But I have to believe that, if the worst has befallen poor Alexis, then she had a purpose in all this. A young woman with such a strong personality, lots of admirers and friends, well known - even if mostly thru social media - well, she will be the one that gets this jerk caught. Because of who she uniquely was in this world. All those who loved her, knew her, met her, talked to her - they aren't going to be quiet and let this go away.

Show the investigators where you are Alexis, and how they can nail this guy. :please:

s48mty.jpg

Randy Allen Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads