VA - Amy Bradley, 23, Petersburg, 24 March 1998 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
During the party, Amy and I went to the 4th deck to look at the photos that had been taken after dinner that evening. ALL of Amy’s photos were missing! We asked the person in charge of the gallery where Amy’s pictures would be posted. He said he remembered placing them with the other photos taken at the same time, but acknowledged he couldn’t find them either. I asked him if he could have them redeveloped and he agreed, claiming they would be available the next day. In my possession, I still have the ticket for the redevelopment of those photos.

http://www.internationalcruisevictims.org/LatestMemberStories/Amy_Lynn_Bradley.html

I don't know if "there with all the others " means in the gallery or not
But if they were with all of the others... where did they go and was it only hers that went missing or couldn't be found?

I feel the way this has been presented in forums suggests something sinister

Were photos of her and others just misplaced or were her photos misplaced only, or were her photos singled out?
Without knowing that I think it is rather difficult to know whether it means something or not

TY Masootz, for bringing that to my attention
Until your post, I assumed that the photos were taken off of a wall in the ships gallery
When I reread Mrs Bs words, I noticed that its not mentioned whether the photos were ever on display

Regarding the missing pictures, I think the issue was that other pictures taken at that time of other family members were there - just not the ones of Amy. That's my take on it but - I can't recall where I read that.

Regarding the missing pictures, I think the issue was that other pictures taken at that time of other family members were there - just not the ones of Amy. That's my take on it but - I can't recall where I read that.

that's how it's been presented in these threads but i'm not sure if that's what happened. i'm running with the theory that it may simply a case where there were a ton of pictures on a table and they couldn't locate the ones of amy. maybe twenty other people on the ship had the same issue that night and it only seems mysterious because we have the benefit of hindsight to know amy went missing. to me that's different than a scenario where there is something like a folder on a table that says "amy bradley" and the pictures have been stolen out of it, or something similar. i think that's how it's been presented in this thread (as sinister) when it might not be.

what benefit would a person have in stealing pictures of her if the family could easily have picked up reprints the next day and admittedly never tried? according to her mom we're talking only about pictures from dinner that night, not all of the pictures that were taken of her on the ship. just my 2 cents.

I think pictures like that are usually in an album or on a bulletin-board type of setup, with numbers on them so people can fill out a form and order them. I don't think they're already divided up nor are they in a large pile. They are usually organized by the date/time they were taken, sequentially. So my take was that the ones with Amy were missing.

I'll look and see where I read that and see what else it says.

ETA: This is the best I could find - the words straight from Amy's mother, Iva. Again, it's not clear how the pictures were arranged. I thought I had read that they found pictures with the rest of them in them but not any with her in them, but I could be wrong - it sounds that way to me, though. What I am quoting is about 1/3 of the way down the page at the link below:

http://www.internationalcruisevictims.org/LatestMemberStories/Amy_Lynn_Bradley.html

During the party, Amy and I went to the 4th deck to look at the photos that had been taken after dinner that evening. ALL of Amy’s photos were missing! We asked the person in charge of the gallery where Amy’s pictures would be posted. He said he remembered placing them with the other photos taken at the same time, but acknowledged he couldn’t find them either. I asked him if he could have them redeveloped and he agreed, claiming they would be available the next day. In my possession, I still have the ticket for the redevelopment of those photos.

I think pictures like that are usually in an album or on a bulletin-board type of setup, with numbers on them so people can fill out a form and order them. I don't think they're already divided up nor are they in a large pile. They are usually organized by the date/time they were taken, sequentially. So my take was that the ones with Amy were missing.

I'll look and see where I read that and see what else it says.

ETA: This is the best I could find - the words straight from Amy's mother, Iva. Again, it's not clear how the pictures were arranged. I thought I had read that they found pictures with the rest of them in them but not any with her in them, but I could be wrong - it sounds that way to me, though. What I am quoting is about 1/3 of the way down the page at the link below:

I read it the same way at first
But when i looked at it again, it doesn't specify
It may be just that when Amy and Mrs B looked, there just were none posted on a board or where ever.

Unless someone saw them posted , I don't think that its right to assume they were taken
Perhaps they were never there on display

what benefit would a person have in stealing pictures of her if the family could easily have picked up reprints the next day and admittedly never tried? according to her mom we're talking only about pictures from dinner that night, not all of the pictures that were taken of her on the ship. just my 2 cents.

I wonder if someone from the ship took them. Maybe they didn't want her parents circulating photos of the missing girl because it would bring the other passengers down. The Bradleys have said that the ship's crew seemed to want to keep Amy's disappearance quiet so as not to disrupt the party atmosphere.

If all that is true, that is...I'm starting to doubt EVERYTHING about this case.

I wonder if someone from the ship took them. Maybe they didn't want her parents circulating photos of the missing girl because it would bring the other passengers down. The Bradleys have said that the ship's crew seemed to want to keep Amy's disappearance quiet so as not to disrupt the party atmosphere.

If all that is true, that is...I'm starting to doubt EVERYTHING about this case.

The pics went missing before Amy went missing, the night before and its only the ships photographer pics that were not posted in the gallery

As was suggested up thread, it may mean nothing because we don't know if other passengers pics were also missing or misplaced

The missing pictures reminds me of something that Chris Fenwick posted on his blog regarding the video of Amy:

Mid afternoon on Friday, while I was in my room working, I recieved a phone call. The man on the phone told me his name was Lou Costello, I probably made some sort of joke about “Abbott and…”. He asked me if, “I was the guy with the video tape of the missing girl” I told him that yes, I was. At that point he told me that he was going to have to get that tape from me. I informed him that there was no way I was going to give up my master tapes. I never give away master tapes and that besides that, it was on a tape format that I’m sure he didn’t have access to (afterall, I had seen the on board edit facilities) and that I would be glad to make a broadcast quality dub of the tape if he liked. He then informed me that the FBI were involved in this and that they would want the original tapes. I told him that if that was the case and the FBI wanted my master tapes then they would have to contact me.
http://chrisfenwick.com/home/2010/3/1/amy-bradley-is-missing.html

Makes me wonder if someone on the ship (maybe the same guy who asked Chris for the video) asked the photographer for all of Amy's pictures. My thought is that perhaps the person who removed the photos wanted to remove as much photographic evidence of Amy as possible. Since the pictures were missing before Amy was missing, this could mean that her abduction was all planned out ahead of time.

Then once they found out that Chris had a videotape, they tried to get him to turn that over as well.

The missing pictures reminds me of something that Chris Fenwick posted on his blog regarding the video of Amy:

http://chrisfenwick.com/home/2010/3/1/amy-bradley-is-missing.html

Makes me wonder if someone on the ship (maybe the same guy who asked Chris for the video) asked the photographer for all of Amy's pictures. My thought is that perhaps the person who removed the photos wanted to remove as much photographic evidence of Amy as possible. Since the pictures were missing before Amy was missing, this could mean that her abduction was all planned out ahead of time.

Then once they found out that Chris had a videotape, they tried to get him to turn that over as well.

That man was the security chief for the ship
Do you think he is involved in Amys disappearance?

I can't help but wonder why the photographer wouldn't say if someone asked for Amys pics rather than say he didn't know where they were but could remake them

Its a rather confusing case, who knows

That man was the security chief for the ship
Do you think he is involved in Amys disappearance?

I can't help but wonder why the photographer wouldn't say if someone asked for Amys pics rather than say he didn't know where they were but could remake them

Its a rather confusing case, who knows

i was going to say the same thing. why wouldn't the photographer say to amy's mom, "oh yeah i had her pictures and someone asked me to remove all of them" unless the photog is in on it as well. i really think the missing photos is a red herring. even the idea that it was attempt to stop her family from circulating pictures doesn't make much sense considering only the pictures from that evening's dinner were missing, there would still have been tons of pictures from other points in the cruise that could have been used, not to mention any personal pictures the bradleys had on their own cameras.

the only way i could see it making sense is if someone grabbed the pics without the photog noticing because they were afraid someone or something in the background of those specific pics might be noticed once she went missing. i think that's a stretch though esp since she was sitting with her family and their pics weren't missing.

Has anyone ever seen any information on the Federal Grandy Jury? IIRC, the woman on the ship who saw AB and AD early in the morning, testified in front of a Federal Grand Jury. Did others? Did the diver from Canada? Or the lady from the bathroom in Barbados? Maybe the 2 college girls from the ship?

Trying to remember who did, and also, when was this? Tried to search it, but can't find anything. I realize a grand jury is not public, but I can't find any ref to it at all.

Also, Iva Bradley is a member of many cruise forums, according to FA, as a way to stay in touch with travelers. I've searched for info in all types of places, and I don't see anywhere that any info has been posted by a family member. (aside from the websites they created early on)

The most public person I have seen in all this, is Chris Fenwick.

We're returning this thread as a "Read Only" thread for now.

Members continue to violate the rules set forth for this case thread concerning our verified member FindAmy. If members aren't willing to follow the rules in this regard we will leave this as a "Read Only" thread or remove the discussion from Websleuths altogether.

Members need to decide what is important to this case in regard to finding Amy Bradley. Discussions of FindAmy as an individual are counter-productive to this case. Weigh the information that has been given to us and give it the credence you believe it deserves. If you feel it is not credible information, pass on it.

We'll reconsider opening this thread at some point in the future if we feel members are ready to comply with the rules set forth.

We are reopening this thread. BUT... discussing or asking questions of FindAmy is OFF LIMITS. Focus on the case, the evidence, the information you find and please don't push the boundaries because it could result in another closure of the thread.

Thanks,

Salem

Thank you, Salem - this case is haunting and I'm glad to see an open thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are reopening this thread. BUT... discussing or asking questions of FindAmy is OFF LIMITS. Focus on the case, the evidence, the information you find and please don't push the boundaries because it could result in another closure of the thread.

Thanks,

Salem

Was there a request to open this thread, Salem?

I can't believe it's been almost 18 months since this thread was active.

I wonder about Amy often. Is she still alive? What can we do?

:seeya: Well hello all and thanks mods for opening thread again!!

Was there a request to open this thread, Salem?

I can't believe it's been almost 18 months since this thread was active.

I wonder about Amy often. Is she still alive? What can we do?

I bugged the mods to re-open it a few times. :)

This case has never left me. It's so very sad and perplexing. I practically know the Vanished episode off by heart.

To find more information through facebook, this may be helpful.

Go to someone's facebook page.

In the search bar at the top, type 'photos John Doe likes' or 'photos that John Doe commented on' or 'places John Doe visited' etc.

You will be very, very surprised at the information you can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010