VA - Amy Bradley - missing from cruise ship, Curacao - 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Chimera, I'm not Jezel, but I am sure she's talking about one of the key pieces of curious information in Amy's case: The cruise photos.

On the evening before she disappeared, the ship displayed photos taken of all the passengers, so that they could be purchased as keepsakes. It's routine for cruise ships to do this. However, when Amy and her mother went to look at them, Amy's were missing. It seemed hers were the only ones. After Amy went missing, the family became aware that, yes, Amy did have photos taken -per the photographer- just like everyone else, and hers were the only ones missing.
BBM.

Brad's photos were also gone.
Source: Killer Cruise Documentary

I've read about the GS case over the years. Of course, it looks an awful lot like his new "friends" did him in, but the case highlights well what I think is one of the biggest problems of cruises: They are full of strangers who are thrown into a confined space together, who are often drinking -many quite heavily- and usually totally off their guard. Cruises are famous for strangers getting together, and there seems to be very little security on board, at least traditionally that's been the case.

Put those things together with a culture that is incresingly disparate, violent, and just lacking in self restraint, and it would seem to be a disaster. Not all the time, of course. However, I do believe that cruising, especially on the large ships, can be pretty dangerous. Which brings me to my next point: When you read about the George Smith case, or others wherein someone goes missing off of a cruise ship, such as Rebecca Coriam, what really stands out is the Cruise Line's truculence and perseverence in maintaining that nothing terrible happened. These cases always involve massive contention with the families, who become very aware that the Cruise Line is looking our for THEIR interests, not the passengers.

Just ask Rebecca Coriam's family about Disney and how kind and cooperative it's been.
I went on one cruise and will never go again just because of lack of security and IF something happens there is NO recourse.
Have a friend who took his family. Long story short, his beautiful 15 year old daughter was at one of the "safe" teen rooms.......could not leave without a parent, went missing and 4 hours later found drugged and passed out in the staff hallway. She knows nothing about what happened to her. Cruise-line denies it happened.......Not worth the risk. Apparently it happens often but cruise ship has lots of power.

BBM.

Brad's photos were also gone.
Source: Killer Cruise Documentary

Brad’s photos were also gone. Hmmm.., makes me wonder if his photos and Amy’s were ever there in the first place. It also makes me think there were likely other photos of other people not there or “missing”.

If Amy and Brad’s photos were the only ones missing, what the heck does that mean? Nothing happened to Brad, so….

Brad’s photos were also gone. Hmmm.., makes me wonder if his photos and Amy’s were ever there in the first place. It also makes me think there were likely other photos of other people not there or “missing”.

If Amy and Brad’s photos were the only ones missing, what the heck does that mean? Nothing happened to Brad, so….
I think the implication here is that whoever took Amy took hers and Brad's photos to identify them. As in, here's the girl we're taking, and if she's with this guy, that's her brother, so try to get her away from him.

Yet, it seems to me to be working just how it would if Amy had been kidnapped: A few sightings over the months after she disappeared, then nothing. Nothing for years and years and years, despite more and more people the world over being made aware of her disappearance.

What you describe as a pattern of increasingly diminishing sightings is not unique to suspected victims of kidnappings. High profile disappearances all peter out like this. Public exhaustion and disinterest always sets in, except when it comes to people on the family’s payroll. PIs actively seek out, and extraordinarily in this case, sometimes manufacture lucrative sightings tied to lengthy “stakeouts.”

Everything we know about Amy, her relationship with her family, her behavior, and the events on that ship contradict suicide. It's not just a matter of her being happy or appearing content or anything like that. I'm talking about very objective data about suicidal people. Amy checked none of the boxes from everything we know,

What are the boxes? Which ones doesn’t she tick?

How many happened exactly at the time when a kidnapping would likely occur -when the ship was in docking procedures?

Citations for this? What does this mean? Which verified kidnappings happened like this?

What you describe as a pattern of increasingly diminishing sightings is not unique to suspected victims of kidnappings. High profile disappearances all peter out like this. Public exhaustion and disinterest always sets in, except when it comes to people on the family’s payroll. PIs actively seek out, and extraordinarily in this case, sometimes manufacture lucrative sightings tied to lengthy “stakeouts.”

What are the boxes? Which ones doesn’t she tick?

Citations for this? What does this mean? Which verified kidnappings happened like this?

I'm not really sure what you mean by this. I didn't assert that this "pattern of increasingly diminishing sightings" is "unique to suspected victims of kidnappings". I'm also not sure that I'd consider Amy's case to be "high profile" or what you mean by this. I'm also not sure about your statement regarding "public exhaustion and distinerest always sets in" or how it relates to this case. Ditto what you mean by "people of the family's payroll". I wouldn't even know where to begin to respond to this.

To my statement:
How many happened exactly at the time when a kidnapping would likely occur -when the ship was in docking procedures?

You responded: Citations for this? What does this mean? Which verified kidnappings happened like this?

I would ask you the same for your assertions above, if we are requiring citations for everything. I was merely stating my opinion, which I thought was obvious, but will happily dig up authoritative references for everything I state on this thread, if all posters also do that.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I've wondered if the other security camera footage of AB say, while she was eating or out dancing, the cameras that are in place for filming various rooms/areas -- is the footage of AB in that specific footage ?
If I were the family, I'd want to spend as much time as possible looking at any footage of AB and whom she may have interacted with.
Omo.
Chimera, you bring up an interesting point. So far, I only remember reading about two sets of "photos" in this case: The actual photos of Amy and Brad mentioned here, and the video footage taken by Chris Fenwick. Surely, though, there were security cameras in most areas of the ship. (We know from previous cases of overboards, missing persons, etc., that they're not EVERYWHERE on the ship!) Certainly the FBI would have had access to those? I wonder how long that footage is retained by the Cruise Line?

For example, one would think the "disco" would be a place with a security camera. However, I don't recall ever hearing about either side (Cruise Line or anyone associated with the Bradleys) mentioning any video footage of the morning, wherein a witness said she saw Amy there with Yellow. Now I'm wondering if maybe cruise lines don't purposely NOT have cameras all over the place...

Here is the old Jas photo (DIRECTLY FROM "AAV's website on Wayback machine") compared to the new one I posted above.

Did someone get the actual camera that the photo was taken on?

First thumbnail is AAV's upload to the URL of the old AAV website
The second one is the new one IN EXTREMLEY CLEAR RESOLUTION.

(MAKE SURE TO CLICK THE PHOTOS THE PREVIEW DOES NOT SHOW THE IMPROVEMENT IN QUALITY ON THE THUMBNAIL).
I’m one who has had doubts about whether Jaz is Amy, but IMO, with this extremely clear resolution, it looks MORE like Amy than before. Unsettlingly so, IMO.

I’m one who has had doubts about whether Jaz is Amy, but IMO, with this extremely clear resolution, it looks MORE like Amy than before. Unsettlingly so, IMO.

The EXIF on AAV's original photo notes "LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01" in the comments, which to appears to be a scanner company's software term from 1990-2005.

Source on "LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01": Trying to find the origin of a photo...: Beginners Questions Forum: Digital Photography Review

The new photograph has a different size (shown in EXIF format) of 720x720 and all information is removed. I can't verify that the "new photo" is actually new; and not just an enhancement done with new software. Everything is blurred on the new photo but the face. It's still not a very clear photo so I'd take it with a grain of salt..

Who enhanced it? Where was this photo first posted?

**UPDATE**, I googled "image enhancer" and look what happened. It took less than 2 minutes to get the same "new Amy" from the "Old Amy" photo.

So I can 100% say that this photo is NOT new. I can say that it's the same image from AAV someone just used a website like Upload Image to Sharpen & Upscale it - Cutout.Pro and it gave me the EXACT SAME RESOLUTION as the "New Amy" photo.

So nothing new on the photo.. I will say IMO it looks more like a 40-45 year old woman and not a 20something..

UPDATE 2: Here's the other Photo. It looks like New Tech/AI can do amazing upscaling. I don't believe it's Amy whatsoever.

Attachments

• Enhanced Before After.png
    Enhanced Before After.png
    291.3 KB · Views: 49
  • enhanced.jpg
    enhanced.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 49
  • enhanced2.png
    enhanced2.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
To my statement:

You responded: Citations for this? What does this mean? Which verified kidnappings happened like this?

I would ask you the same for your assertions above, if we are requiring citations for everything. I was merely stating my opinion, which I thought was obvious, but will happily dig up authoritative references for everything I state on this thread, if all posters also do that.

Excellent! This was IYO. In re-reading this thread, you’ve repeatedly mentioned the extensive research you’ve done into kidnappings, so I mistakenly thought this was related to your profession. Glad to be corrected.

I would still really like to know the connection between docking procedures and kidnappings off of boats, but I will look elsewhere for sources that explore the two. Cheers!

Excellent! This was IYO. In re-reading this thread, you’ve repeatedly mentioned the extensive research you’ve done into kidnappings, so I mistakenly thought this was related to your profession. Glad to be corrected.

I would still really like to know the connection between docking procedures and kidnappings off of boats, but I will look elsewhere for sources that explore the two. Cheers!
Actually, I don't know where I would have stated that I've done "extensive research into kidnappings". I haven't. Can you provide a link to a thread where I've made such a claim?

FWIW, no one on this site is supposed to be making claims "related to their profession", without being verified by WS as such, so I can't imagine where you would come up with this assumption, either.

Cheers to you as well!

**UPDATE**, I googled "image enhancer" and look what happened. It took less than 2 minutes to get the same "new Amy" from the "Old Amy" photo.

So I can 100% say that this photo is NOT new. I can say that it's the same image from AAV someone just used a website like Upload Image to Sharpen & Upscale it - Cutout.Pro and it gave me the EXACT SAME RESOLUTION as the "New Amy" photo.

So nothing new on the photo.. I will say IMO it looks more like a 40-45 year old woman and not a 20something..

UPDATE 2: Here's the other Photo. It looks like New Tech/AI can do amazing upscaling. I don't believe it's Amy whatsoever.
Thanks for uploading this! Wow. I do think that Amy would likely look much older than her years by the time this photo was likely taken if, indeed, she'd been kidnapped and living a hellish life. I agree, the woman in this photo does look like she's about 40, at least! I still think she looks an awful lot like Amy, but you make excellent points here.

That looks very much like Amy to me. The features are nearly identical. Hair, makeup and trauma can all age a person. I don't think she looks 40-45. I think she looks like she's a very distressed woman in her 30s. MOO

That looks very much like Amy to me. The features are nearly identical. Hair, makeup and trauma can all age a person. I don't think she looks 40-45. I think she looks like she's a very distressed woman in her 30s. MOO
Yes, she looks for all the world like a woman who has lived a hellish existence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr Eric
Back