VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Fisher @JoeFisherTV
Norfolk Police confirm "human remains" found in #Franklin Thursday was a body. Body found outside 34XXX Smiths Ferry Rd. (address has in fact now been named by msm)
So it's indeed a body not just bones? As bad as this sounds, I was hoping it was a body rather than bones.

It has been warm here on several days (Norfolk) but it has mostly remained in the 40s and 50s. Not sure how warm/cold it has been in Franklin. I would think not much different from what we're getting here.

I think it was apparent it was abandoned just from the looks of it. I don't understand why he would place her near a house anyway, with all the forests and water in the area. In his business, he had access to large drums and water heaters, etc. The carelessness of the disposal could just be from the disorganized thought process of a cokehead, I guess, but it really is bizarre to me the way that she was found.

I've been lurking lately, not posting on this case. However, I do also wonder about where the body was found, if it is AJ. The ME will be able to determine if she was moved after death. I'm curious if they can determine if she was moved more than once.

All I keep thinking about now is that if this in in fact AJ I hope they do not bury her under the Hadsell name.

The FBI is involved in this investigation, as well of Virginia Department of Emergency Management (interesting, note to self, lightbulb, I remember some duties of EM from the floods we had here locally), and the Southampton County Sheriff's Office.

The Virginia department of Emergency Management has a Search and Rescue division:

Inland / Wilderness missions comprise the bulk of the agency’s response in support of local jurisdictions to help locate a lost or missing person. On average the agency will support 80-90 missions per year throughout the Commonwealth.
http://m.vaemergency.gov/em-community/resources/sar

I have a feeling the property is NOT known to the family despite the coincidental last name. Some things are various shades of gray but other times it's a black/white thing.

moo.

Oh, my, you are a clever one, indeed!!! Lol I didn't know how to bring that up so I just left it at "I don't think they're related." Kudos to you, you're brilliant.

I'm leaning towards a cell phone gps record being meticulously searched. Erica Crippen was found in basically a field in Md, after going missing in NJ, after an exhaustive cell phone gps search. I think they have some way of knowing WH was at that property at least once.

This whole discovery is now making me backtrack to every time I saw WH "leading" people on a search in the Media, talking to the media, finding evidence, etc. What kind of sick, twisted person is this? I'm now cringing at the thought of HOW her life ended, if this is indeed AJ and WH was involved ... jmo

That's what I was thinking. THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION! It all makes more sense now. Not that I didn't think it was him before, but the pond searched and the abandoned house are on the same stretch, albeit 30 miles apart or so. The initial fliers that were taken down because LE number was on there instead of WH and JH. Therefore, that's how WH got all the "tips" about her phone pinging and clothing found, because those alleged tips had to go through him first, and he would be first on all of the scenes. Of course, he probably never got any tips, because everything was already planted before the fliers went up. Then, the work truck slowly driving near the pond, (looking for an abandoned house? or texting from someone else's phone while driving because he knew the phone would show that location eventually?) So, this is only my opinion and I'm just pretending to be a detective, but with a positive ID of the remains, the very important question is how did LE get to that abandoned house? Since they were there and found (possibly) what they were looking for, seems they have been building a strong case all along!

The Virginia department of Emergency Management has a Search and Rescue division:

Inland / Wilderness missions comprise the bulk of the agency’s response in support of local jurisdictions to help locate a lost or missing person. On average the agency will support 80-90 missions per year throughout the Commonwealth.
http://m.vaemergency.gov/em-community/resources/sar

Woooowwww!!!!!!!!!!!!

(How on earth do I not know or remember this from HG's / AM's cases...)

Same here. But I have to wonder if it was REALLY his boss, or his "boss." You know like how his nephew is his "brother" and how DH who is AJ's cousin calls her his "niece" and how her friend calls her his "sister."
It's probably someone else he met on a GreyHound on the way out from doing time...
The "boss" who posted on FB early on is not the owner of the company WH worked for. FWIW. The owner has not made any comment that I've seen.

That's what I was thinking. THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION! It all makes more sense now. Not that I didn't think it was him before, but the pond searched and the abandoned house are on the same stretch, albeit 30 miles apart or so. The initial fliers that were taken down because LE number was on there instead of WH and JH. Therefore, that's how WH got all the "tips" about her phone pinging and clothing found, because those alleged tips had to go through him first, and he would be first on all of the scenes. Of course, he probably never got any tips, because everything was already planted before the fliers went up. Then, the work truck slowly driving near the pond, (looking for an abandoned house? or texting from someone else's phone while driving because he knew the phone would show that location eventually?) So, this is only my opinion and I'm just pretending to be a detective, but with a positive ID of the remains, the very important question is how did LE get to that abandoned house? Since they were there and found (possibly) what they were looking for, seems they have been building a strong case all along!

I totally agree with you - I'm very, very curious about how they ended up at the home. IMO that could tie everything together.

OK so that will teach me to refresh before I post. I trust from here on out that lucky and omom have eyes glued to Twitter.

I think it was apparent it was abandoned just from the looks of it. I don't understand why he would place her near a house anyway, with all the forests and water in the area. In his business, he had access to large drums and water heaters, etc. The carelessness of the disposal could just be from the disorganized thought process of a cokehead, I guess, but it really is bizarre to me the way that she was found.

While it would take a measure of sociopathy to commit an act like this one, WH was also attached to AJ, possibly " obsessed"with her so it is reasonable that he would "bury" her or "lay her to rest" somewhere. He has actually alluded to that in his statements ("the truth will be uncovered") In the grass/woods behind the house is a short distance from car access, is hidden from the road, may have been seen as more "personal"a place to put her, and I don't think he had a lot of time to come up with a grand plan. The heart and unconscious mind often work against logic, however flawed it is already. We can think of a million effective ways to hide and dispose of bodies because we think about it all the time. If you imagine the mind of a killer, especially if this was a crime of passion and not pre-meditated, he has very little rational thinking going on and even less time to act. In his mind, he may have seen this as a totally unlikely place because it is so far away, and is NOT the water, is not inhabited and is quite well concealed. I think without his shenanigans going into this, she may have never been found. As Zach said, this is really divine intervention and a team of very sharp detectives *and possible very sharp sleuthers, if anything we brought up helped them)

I'm leaning towards a cell phone gps record being meticulously searched. Erica Crippen was found in basically a field in Md, after going missing in NJ, after an exhaustive cell phone gps search. I think they have some way of knowing WH was at that property at least once.

I agree with this.

Which brings me to another thought I had earlier. As stated, I thought it was highly likely that AJ might have been disposed of near Franklin. Now, with that being said, pretend these remains were not found yesterday. I had said the day before that I wanted to focus my mapping efforts on the Franklin area. Working the case backwards, would one have been able to come across that house if they had only a hunch she might be in the Franklin area? Meaning, if LE just wanted to "look around Franklin", could they happen to come across this home just by searching the local area? Hard to explain, I guess what I'm saying is I would think they had some sort of gps/ping info, or at least proximity information to job site worked (maybe that's it)...I mean its not like one can google "abandoned houses in Franklin", kwim...there must have been something specific that led them to this house, but you never know, remember the cop who found HG, that was weird too jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove