VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said, thank you. I guess I'm just sad and angry that Zach's kids were lumped in as Hadsells and not as Hoffers. It's like WH has to own everything - and everybody. :(

I see this as JH has to own everything-and everybody. Which is why I'm slowly but surely changing my mind about who the actual perp is.

I guess the obituary should be no surprise to me. The same people running the BAJHFB page put their mark on the obituary IMO, and I have no doubt that this was a family project and that WH was consulted. I don't believe for a minute that the writing was delegated.

But they are just words and they will fade away. AJ's memory will live on, untarnished. I hope Zach and her bio dad can let the hurt roll off them and just feel sorry for people who need to be hurtful. Being loving and inclusive is the best way to honor AJ.

JMO

Sorry if this has been mentioned or not allowed. I thought DH and WH werent brothers so that wouldnt make him her uncle..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gosh, you're being nitpicky about that after proof of the first virgin birth since Mary, Mother of God???? ;)

Sorry if this has been mentioned or not allowed. I thought DH and WH werent brothers so that wouldnt make him her uncle..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH calls her his niece, so ???

Where does DH fit in to the family? Wes' nephew?

I have not been able to figure that out since following all of this.

Maybe they are around the same age and just grew up together in a brotherly relationship?

:Shrug:

Where does DH fit in to the family? Wes' nephew?

It's his nephew, but I guess they are more like brothers. Everyone on here calls him the nephbro

Is that your dog in your aviator?

No, it's just a funny pic I saw of a dog dressed for Halloween as a martini, lol...

It's his nephew, but I guess there more like brothers. Everyone on here calls him the nephbro

Is that your dog in your aviator?

DH calls her his niece, so ???

Just because you call someone your niece it does not make it so. And to label him as her 'uncle' in the obituary, while leaving out other TRUE facts, seems odd and strange. He is Wes's nephew, the son of Wes's sister.
It just seems odd that there are so many HADSELLS noted in AJ's obituary, given the circumstances. Was she close to that family?

I only say that because my father remarried when I was 15. I met my stepmothers family members at various functions and holidays. But I would never have felt they were MY grandparents or MY aunties or cousins too. Maybe they are, on paper. But I did not grow up with them treating me like a grandchild or niece.

So I am wondering if AJ was especially close to that family or not. I have seen pictures of her with 'uncle' Drew. But he looks closer to her age than a typical uncle, imo.

Drew is actually Wendy's son. Yeah. Think about that for a minute.

Nope, no and :gaah:

AJ was NOT seen at 5:30am on the 3rd. It was between 4:30-5:30am that the mystery texts came in to her mom's phone. Which I think at this point since she has been found deceased, I think we all know were not from her just as we've suspected all along. No, we don't have the TOD yet but it was the Monday (March 2nd) she disappeared.

Which begs the question... WHO would have been sending texts from AJ's phone to AJ's mom, telling her she (AJ) wasn't ready to come home yet, if it wasn't AJ herself? Mmmhmmm... only 1 person I can think of too, since NONE of her friends knew where she was.

NOT to mention the text to her sister at 2:30 the day before saying she was with friends. I've followed a ton of cases and random kidnappers do NOT routinely go around texting family members and saying everything's fine. In those cases where it DID happen and a family member was texted, it was ALWAYS from someone KNOWN to the victim, and who also knew the family members.
And again, I will say :gaah: because I'm just so angry.

BBM: I wondering about this in another case..

Same for me! My step-everythings are not as close to me/ never were... My stepmother's mother was never my "Grandma" to me, but each family is different of course.

Just because you call someone your niece it does not make it so. And to label him as her 'uncle' in the obituary, while leaving out other TRUE facts, seems odd and strange. He is Wes's nephew, the son of Wes's sister.
It just seems odd that there are so many HADSELLS noted in AJ's obituary, given the circumstances. Was she close to that family?

I only say that because my father remarried when I was 15. I met my stepmothers family members at various functions and holidays. But I would never have felt they were MY grandparents or MY aunties or cousins too. Maybe they are, on paper. But I did not grow up with them treating me like a grandchild or niece.

So I am wondering if AJ was especially close to that family or not. I have seen pictures of her with 'uncle' Drew. But he looks closer to her age than a typical uncle, imo.

I didnt say it did!! All I said was he calls her his niece, but ????- meaning, I'm not too sure what that exactly means.

If the adoption was legal & all then yes, legally WH was AJ's parent. It really doesn't change who or what he is in the eyes of the justice system and LE (as noted by his current place of residence). Sometimes, even the biological dad is the bad guy. I'd rather not even pursue this whole family dynamic thing, as it seems a load of dysfunctional from years and years ago.

I have a Master's degree in Family Counseling. Trust me. I'm not suggesting that because he is her "dad" that that makes him a good guy. Does my post read that way? Did I miss something? My point was that no matter what her mom decided her relationship was going to be with Wes, AJs relationship was stuck with him! Legally, she is his. So, being that she agreed or was forced or whatever the case was to him being her dad, maybe she still felt ok getting the truck to use from him. He's her FATHER! No where did I suggest that anyone's biological, nor legal, status as a parent makes them good or bad. That is a completely different issue that is way too deep to discuss here.

My parents divorced when I was 16. My mom remarried when I was 18. I NEVER once referred to mom's husband as my step-dad or step-father, I referred to him ONLY as my mom's husband if I was introducing him to someone, or if it was just in general conversation with my brothers about him or a neighbor etc, then I called him by his first name; for example George and mom are coming over today, George and mom will be going out of town for awhile, etc. This is how I and all four of my siblings (all brothers, I was the only girl) referred to him, even the youngest sibling who was still living at home (he was 16). Family dynamics do play a major role in these things.

ETA: My mom had to wait until I turned 18 and was out of the household before she married this man because I made it clear and so didn't my father, that the man would not step foot on the property while I was still living in the household. (Just to be clear, the man my mom married had no prior history of anything, nor was he perceived as a threat, but rather it was just the principle of it)

I do think, IMO, that when an arrest is made in this case, that it is going to be a big surprise as to whom the responsible person is for Anjelica's demise.

Too my discrepancies in timelines, too much info withheld regarding family dynamics, living situations, too many skeletons in closets, and lots of instability in many of the major players in the case. JMO

I didnt say it did!! All I said was he calls her his niece, but ????- meaning, I'm not too sure what that exactly means.

Sorry, I didn't mean for it to seem like I was arguing with you. :hug: I was just jumping off your post because it made me realize how ODD it was that they put all the 'false' family relationships down in black on white in a newspaper. They TOOK OUT Wendy as her Aunt, and replaced that with Wendy's sons name, as AJ's uncle. And that is all FALSE.

For some reason Wes was all set on pretending his nephew was really his brother. They called themselves brothers, which is fine. But no reason to put that into the obituary, imo. That is just nuts.

I have a Master's degree in Family Counseling. Trust me. I'm not suggesting that because he is her "dad" that that makes him a good guy. Does my post read that way? Did I miss something? My point was that no matter what her mom decided her relationship was going to be with Wes, AJs relationship was stuck with him! Legally, she is his. So, being that she agreed or was forced or whatever the case was to him being her dad, maybe she still felt ok getting the truck to use from him. He's her FATHER! No where did I suggest that anyone's biological, nor legal, status as a parent makes them good or bad. That is a completely different issue that is way too deep to discuss here.

I think being 18, she could of filed to have him removed as her father at the County Clerks Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23