VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually crossed my mind as well only because he seems like such a fabulously likable guy that... he could have completely ticked someone off and they paid him back with hurting AJ and setting him up. I know it sounds rather far-fetched but stuff like that does happen.

I can see that too. But it does not explain his hinky behavior, inconsistent timelines and breaking and entering. :waitasec:

It is much easier to shoot holes in the theories of others than it is to present an original and reasonable theory of your own.

I cant speak as a sister........... but as a father and a brother?

Abso frikking lutely!

I love my siblings very much but at the end of the day, my children are my legacy.They are also my pride and joy and so much than words could ever convey.

This case alone should have shown us that while blood may be thicker than water, some blood is thicker than others.

Speaking as a mother/aunt/sister/daughter I can honestly say I would never throw a family member under the bus to protect another family member. EVER. That might sound hard or cold but hello no would I cover for one of my family if I KNEW they did it. It would be hard and it would hurt like mad but that's the way it goes. First I'd give them the chance to confess to LE and they chose not to, I'd call LE myself. I have zero tolerance for anyone hurting anyone, family or not.

It's actually crossed my mind as well only because he seems like such a fabulously likable guy that... he could have completely ticked someone off and they paid him back with hurting AJ and setting him up. I know it sounds rather far-fetched but stuff like that does happen.

I find him likeable in much the same way that I find vermin likeable. Not.

IMO the obituary was a bit soon. It shouldn't have been written until the ME report comes back.

Respectfully, sometimes its along time til the final ME Report is finished. This is very much the norm, the ME does their part, release the remains for burial. And unless they have a way of knowing as a fact when the person actually had last heartbeat, I pretty sure most have the date of when body discovered as date of death. There is a WS Member who going thru medical school of some sort also told us when she/he did rounds at the ME office that they use the date of when deceased found as death date on death certificate.

It is much easier to shoot holes in the theories of others than it is to present an original and reasonable theory of your own.

I agree, some in this world can only destroy, never create.

Those are the ones we have to watch out for IMO.

Playing catch up after work today....
I think she was darned if she did, darned if she didn't where WH is concerned, BUT the implication that all of the children are Hadsells and naming all family w/o aunt specifically is very telling.

Agreed completely. I honestly don't care one way or another about naming WH in the obit. The part that bothered me was not accurately naming the girls. It's deceptive and dishonorable to who they actually are. Not to mention, a nice kick in the teeth to Zach, which appears intentional.

Speaking as a mother/aunt/sister/daughter I can honestly say I would never throw a family member under the bus to protect another family member. EVER. That might sound hard or cold but hello no would I cover for one of my family if I KNEW they did it. It would be hard and it would hurt like mad but that's the way it goes. First I'd give them the chance to confess to LE and they chose not to, I'd call LE myself. I have zero tolerance for anyone hurting anyone, family or not.

I so love dancing with you OntarioMom. Whats funny to me is that you and I are in near complete agreement on a number of issues, we just get there from two totally different directions:)

Im not saying I would throw a family member under the bus for another.

I also wouldnt cover for a family member in a situation like this. ...no matter who they are. I would turn them in out of love for the person they used to be.

Im saying exactly what I wrote.

If I had to make a choice between my sibling or my child......it would be my child.......every....single.....time.

Sorry, but for me thats true and I have a feeling that if pressed a lot of other parents would make the same choice.

My parents are good friends with a woman married to the father of the kid who murdered his best friend and bf's parents (in Lancaster, PA). The dad in that case figured out his son did and made him go turn himself in and confess (he wasn't even being investigated at the time). I can't even imagine having to do that.

When we wrote my sister obit. It was my parents first and the rest of us in order of age down to nephews.

I can see that too. But it does not explain his hinky behavior, inconsistent timelines and breaking and entering. :waitasec:

Well, it could.

Hinktastic: being on coke (and admittedly increasing the usage lately)
Timelines: being a seasoned liar & being on coke & actually forgetting stuff
B&E: thinking HIS way is more clever than LE's way (he made several references to doing his own thing, conducting his own stuff and "so what" some ways are unorthodox in his jailhouse rock interview - which basically means, "I'm a criminal, I do things my own way, LE be damned").

I'm not convinced this is the way anything went down but I do think it's within the realm of possibilities.

Agreed completely. I honestly don't care one way or another about naming WH in the obit. The part that bothered me was not accurately naming the girls. It's deceptive and dishonorable to who they actually are. Not to mention, a nice kick in the teeth to Zach, which appears intentional.

I agree. I understand why they put his name in there.

I do have a problem with them putting ALL of the other Hadsells in there however. Like the opening shot where it is mentioned she was predeceased by Hadsell Senior, her grandfather. Did she ever even know him? It has only been 5 years. How did she begin seeing Wes's Dad as her grandfather in 5 short years? I doubt she ever did. JMO

And it really bothers me that Wendy's name was left out as an Aunt, and then her sons name was included as an UNCLE. GMAB. He was not her uncle. I totally understand WH and DH liking to see each other as brothers. But in REALITY, for the purposes of a newspaper obituary, they were NOT brothers. So I find it odd that they were listed as such.

Something that's always bothered me is that I called Jen and told her I thought I saw AJ and she said she would let LE know. I later spoke with Zach about it and he said he'd never heard about it. He also spoke with LE and they had never heard about my call either. Why would that be? Because they knew I couldn't have possibly saw her? Did Jen tell WH and he said he went there and no AJ?

thank you so much for your comment, butterflykisses. didn't know you were an insider!

I'm honestly not sure what to make of this. I would think if my daughter were missing, I'd want to investigate ANY possible sightings, even if they seemed impossible or unlikely..

I find him likeable in much the same way that I find vermin likeable. Not.

Oh I agree all the way but I can see why he appears believable to some. I've known guys like him, heck I've been related to guys like him (by marriage, thankfully not in my immediate gene pool). There's a certain swagger, a certain (fake) confidence, control, charismatic "charm" that works on certain people. I see this kind of character and wonder why there isn't a giant L on his forehead. Honestly I think it should be a condition of release, especially when LE describes you as a "career criminal".

For me personally, I don't feel the need to concentrate my thoughts and efforts on any other suspect except Wesley Hadsell. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, plants evidence like a duck, and impedes an investigation like a duck...it's a dirty duck.

thank you for the much needed laugh.

There are lots of shady characters involved in this entire situation. The home environments in many of these situations are not healthy ones. I can only hope and pray that someone on the outside will feel the need and have the ability to become involved in this dysfunctional mess, so those who are under the age of 18 can receive the proper counseling and guidance they need. We, as adults, are supposed to set examples, not promote negative environments that lead to nothing but turmoil and instability. The worldwide web and SM are accessible to all ages and some of the things that are easily accessible to discover, IMO should not be made available to the public for this reason.

Well, it could.

Hinktastic: being on coke (and admittedly increasing the usage lately)
Timelines: being a seasoned liar & being on coke & actually forgetting stuff
B&E: thinking HIS way is more clever than LE's way (he made several references to doing his own thing, conducting his own stuff and "so what" some ways are unorthodox in his jailhouse rock interview - which basically means, "I'm a criminal, I do things my own way, LE be damned").

I'm not convinced this is the way anything went down but I do think it's within the realm of possibilities.

Hinktastic=== True that his hinky behavior could just be that he is a hinky guy in general.

Timelines= ==Coke does not usually make you forget stuff, it makes you hyper aware of stuff, imo. I do not believe he 'forgot' when he last saw AJ. JMO

B&E====== I agree that he would go rogue if he was trying to find his girl. But it seemed more like he was framing someone than he was looking to find AJ, imo.

WH is not the only person IMO who has a negative and/or prior past. He may be the only one directly involved that has a past *criminal* history; however, he is not the only one IMO that obviously has issues. And, I am of the strong opinion, regardless of who was/is in AJ's immediate circle/group, that ALL need to be questioned and considered for their possible role in what lead to AJ's demise.

In regards to the obit: I think it wasn't written by JH, but maybe the "trustworthy" spokesperson for the family who happens to be close to WH....I wonder what kind of car he drives? Any chance it is a van? Things that make me go hmmm. And I agree with mountain_kat about the walk like a duck, talk like a duck, is most likely a duck! And birds of the feather flock together. I have a hard time believing anyone close to WH was unaware of his drug abuse and criminal activities, such as the pastor/spokesperson and nephbro. Cokeheads and criminals hang out with other cokeheads or criminals. JMO

My parents are good friends with a woman married to the father of the kid who murdered his best friend and bf's parents (in Lancaster, PA). The dad in that case figured out his son did and made him go turn himself in and confess (he wasn't even being investigated at the time). I can't even imagine having to do that.

I can't imagine it either. It would be a nightmare only the grace of God could get me through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper