VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm #3, I guess. I haven't come to any final conclusion.

I haven't come to a final conclusion either but I do have every reason to suspect WH is the #1 suspect. That said, I could be wrong and there could be more than 1. I just don't think he's 100% innocent in AJ's disappearance and tragic demise.

Didn't someone mention that AJ and her mom got into an argument over something in the morning and she went outside to take a walk to blow off steam?

I'm trying to find motive for WH to want to kill AJ. If he wasn't around much, I don't see them getting into a heated argument over anything. More passive aggressiveness if anything.

Wouldn't JH have the legal right to change AJ's name without actual adoption papers?

Not knowing the laws on that in VA, I cant say for sure. But I would think so. Also being the age AJ was when the change was done, she would most likely have had been questioned by judge. Time of change was iirc is either JR High, or just prior to High School. I don't know what AJ legal name was prior to it being changed to Hadsell. I saw the media report last night on her bio father which had a totally diff name. So unsure if on AJ birth certificate if it had AJ mothers maiden name. Possible that they had the legal name change to be the same as Mom had. Just because AJ may have used the Hoffer name prior, which again was her Mom legal name. Again I don't pretend to know the VA laws on this. All of this is just my opinion. It would make great sense to me tho, having the name changed legally, especially going to college. All the confusion of legal name on birth certificate, name used, and so forth. Maybe it was just that and nothing more. Again JMHO

Well wouldn't the bio dad have to ok the adoption?

Yes. He would have to give up his rights or have his rights terminated by the court. In VA it is darn near impossible to have a parent's rights terminated unless a step parent is seeking to adopt (outside of CPS situations). My husband adopted my son when he was 9ish. My ex gave up his rights but the court made that contingent on the adoption going forward.
ETA: We were required to provide my son with his own attorney to represent his best interests and even at 9 he was asked repeatedly about his wishes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really seeing the relevancy of the name changes either?
It's just another curious dynamic in this convoluted familial puzzle. IMO, of course. Somehow it has a feeling, to me, of yet another control or possessive issue... Almost as if changing a name is a new start or will erase the past.

Didn't someone mention that AJ and her mom got into an argument over something in the morning and she went outside to take a walk to blow off steam?

I'm trying to find motive for WH to want to kill AJ. If he wasn't around much, I don't see them getting into a heated argument over anything. More passive aggressiveness if anything.

BBM, I haven't seen motive either, at least not for WH

In what way? WH was on drugs and something terrible happened? Drugs were in the house and she didn't approve? I could come up with a few more scenarios which is why I'm asking. TIA

There have been several scenarios put forth, many just in the last thread. I personally haven't committed to a single theory. We won't actually ever know what really happened, not even if WH is the killer and he decides to lie about how it happened in a confession. The ME report will hopefully tell us how she died, approximately when, and who did it. Something constructive everyone could do until then is look over luckyseven's post links, go over all of the evidence, timelines and msm reports to see if anything was missed OR begin checking out the DA/CA who would be in charge of the prosecution to get an idea of how they worked on past murder cases.

I have a hard time trying to figure out WHY WH was allowed to adopt her. I wouldn't think a judge would be okay with his past and allow it. Blows my mind really!

As to COD, I'd be surprised if it is anything other than BFT or asphyxiation.

Just curious, did the dog die that WH hit "on the head?"

Part of me feels the adoption was directed at Zach. "She's not yours. You can't have her." TOTAL SPECULATION and I hope hope it isn't true.

ETA: I am also not 100% thinking WH is the one responsible. I do believe he knows who did it. Had some part in it. Was told about it my someone he wants to protect. At the very least.

I don't think your allowed to do that anymore. I believe 9-11 changed that. She would have had to use her legal name at school and on all her documentation.

Sorry I am commenting as I read. True, I just made a response to another comment. Her LEGAL NAME (on Birth Certificate) or if was legally changed .. what was it prior to being changed to Hadsell? She may have went by Hoffer, but was that her LEGAL NAME? Quite possible it was just a legal name change because she was entering High School. JMHO

I have a hard time trying to figure out WHY WH was allowed to adopt her. I wouldn't think a judge would be okay with his past and allow it. Blows my mind really!

Unless the bio dad fought it the court may not have known. Step parent adoptions do not require home studies in VA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am #4. I certainly believe that WH is a participant and guilty in her disappearance. I do wonder if any other relative was involved with WH in the actions that led to her death or if WH is trying to divert attention from someone he loves/cares about. At the end of the day, I want to know the whole story.

BBM

^^^This is the fence I'm sitting on. :fence:

Going waaaay out on a limb of suspicion, I also wonder if the person he loves and cares about could have figured that Wes would dig himself a deep hole because of his personality and his criminal record, perhaps egging him on in his searches and interviews. He's lied so much by now, who would believe him if he rolled on someone else?

I don't know, but aside from Zach, this does not seem like an honorable group of people and at this point, no arrests will surprise me, sorry to say. JMO

I didn't hear much more about that? Did it come from Wes?

Just from reading here, and links, honestly there are many who would be just as big a suspect. But No One has been arrested for her disappearance or murder yet, have they?

"Just as big" is a stretch by any definition of the phrase IMO.

As to COD, I'd be surprised if it is anything other than BFT or asphyxiation.

Just curious, did the dog die that WH hit "on the head?"

I do not think so. A few other people mentioned he would have been charged with a felony if that occurred, but he is being charged with a misdemeanor, though that may mean he did possibly injure it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand