VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
saw the report wtkr just ran at 5. really hope they have more evidence than WH pattern of using words in the 'past tense' when regarding AJ.

IMO: I believe they have a whole lot more, they are just slowly letting out tidbits of information.

Perhaps they're working on the public opinion towards him, so if he does get charged, they don't look like they have tunnel vision. It is easier to turn public opinion by releasing little bits. Each one gets a headline. Rather than all at once, where most people never read past the headline.

I hope they are also looking at the page, where he eulogizes her 5 days after they reported her missing. :shame:
I don't know about "eulogized". Isn't that where he said she got what she deserved? I'm surprised they even left that comment there at all.

I feel so bad for her. I can't imagine coping with the loss of my daughter and trying to keep my other children protected from all the crazies parked in front of their house.

I wish she would come out and say something!

Tell him not to speed through Emporia. The police have nothing better to do then write tickets.
Prayers to you and your family.

Yeah he told me "is the speed limit 60 now? No it's still 45" he should be well past Emporia now though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mother did not know. She never suspected as it went on at our home when she was at work. She never had a clue. And when I did finally tell her, decades later, the shock and pain was evident.
The behavior changes are often attributed to something else. My Mom thought I was being affected by the divorce.

Also, many 'abusers' know how to groom their victims---so often the kid does not say 'DON't send me over there] etc/ My uncle made it 'fun' and special so I did not ever reject the chance to be around him. So Mom had no clue.

My mother didn't know my brother was taking me and my sister to the basement, either. She only found out when he went to trial and by then she was 80, my brother (who was 60) got 60 years and the judge told him he might as well have killed his own children. It does kill a part of you. So, just to add - it can and does go on under the radar. I asked my sister decades later why I didn't tell - cause I was, and still am, the first to stomp my foot and say "oh no, he didn't"; she told me that brother told us he would beat her if we told, so I didn't tell anybody. It doesn't help that when you hint about it and someone says "Boys will be boys" or "as long as there wasn't penetration..." I still smdh at that one. It's a little different, too, when it's within the family. A stranger would have never gotten that close to us. (If yall recall, my mother was the one who took a shotgun to my friends from high school after we stayed on the beach all night, so no, things would have been much different if we had told). Sorry for the rant. I hope and pray this case had nothing to do with a SA. Gotta catch up, hubby just left town!

Mel just made it to Emporia. 79 more miles to Norfolk. Please keep him in your prayers for this weekend and his trip home.

I do pray that everyone in attendance will conduct themselves with dignity and grace. Anything less would be so incredibly disrespectful to Anjelica. I also hope Mel and Zach do have a chance to finally meet. It just seems fitting somehow that they would be able to do this, if they both want to.

Whoa he said what?!

"It has never entered my mind that this is just her playing a "joke" or a "game" or anything other than what she deserved" is the exact quote. I looked it up. Amazingly, they never deleted it.

http://wtkr.com/2015/04/16/could-int...d-against-him/
"Several law enforcement sources are telling NewsChannel 3 that investigators have noted the numerous times Wesley Hadsell spoke of his daughter that way, saying it could be a revealing clue."

Note: "Law enforcement sources are telling"...this is the first time I've heard from anyone other than WH that LE is seriously looking at him as the one who hurt AJ. Obviously we've assumed he was their #1 guy, but LE has been very tightlipped about anything and everything regarding WH except the charges for which he was arrested. Until now, it seems.

I have a feeling LE will be throwing a lot more crumbs our way in the next several days. (And I don't think Joe Fisher will be the one getting the scoop).

Mmm forgot how rural Emporia is out there. One house and then land and then another house and then land

Yeah I think Marissa Jasek is going to start getting the stories now

So here's where I'm wondering what WS-ers who attend the funeral will be able to say about it on here without violating the TOS.

I must admit to being tempted--I'm not local but not terribly far--but serious self-examination suggests that I have more curiosity than is prudent. You know what I mean? I feel like I'd be a looky-lou, as much as I do care about AJ and some of her survivors.

I bet that this is an issue for a lot of us: the line between compassion, prudence, etc., and very real intellectual curiosity and love of a good story. I don't know whether there's a thread where people talk about these matters, but I'd like to see one, with questions like "Is it right to attend the funeral of someone you never met?"

All fair and honest questions. As a former widow I loathe funerals so for me personally, I wouldn't go. But in a case like this where the victim just had this incredible way of wiggling her way into our hearts, I might consider going if it were local, and the family made it clear anyone was welcome. I probably still wouldn't go, but I don't think it's out of line to attend under those circumstances.

"It has never entered my mind that this is just her playing a "joke" or a "game" or anything other than what she deserved" is the exact quote. I looked it up. Amazingly, they never deleted it.

What?!? Makes me think maybe he was selling drugs to people in her age group and it got back to her and she told JH and that's why WH was living in a hotel!

Are other WSers planning to attend the funeral? It is open to the public, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member