VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I replied to the wrong quote but glad I was able to keep you on your toes! Sorry for the confusion. Lol

LOL. How come all your quotes are showing up at the bottom of your responses? Girl, you are just all kinds of turned around tonight, aren't ya? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubcBMxDqTsU

At 1:03 in this video, what else is in his hands beside the credit/debit card piece? It looks like one of those military type knifes that has scissors, knife, etc. My husband has some similar gadget. I think Swiss Army knives but it's a different brand, and I think my husband's is black. Just interesting to me, and if someone could screen shot it, I'd appreciate it, because I don't know how to do that.

#### Edit to add, maybe they are the other missing peices? When I try to enlarge it, looks like that black strip on a card. ####

LOL. How come all your quotes are showing up at the bottom of your responses? Girl, you are just all kinds of turned around tonight, aren't ya? ;)

ETA: Sorry for derailing the thread to pick on Butterfly. For what it's worth, this wine is delicious. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubcBMxDqTsU

At 1:27 in this video, can anyone make out the text messages on the phone?

Sorry, youtube videos play for me, but the news station videos seldom do, so I'm just seeing many of the videos for the first time.

It is nearly 4am here and another rainy night of searching endlessly to bring closure for these beautiful lost souls that would normally end with a few more hours of searching in my dreams.
I can't thank you enough for this gift - a glimpse into Angelica's whole being, and for the sound sleep I may finally get tonight with dreams filled with her smile.

ETA: Sorry for derailing the thread to pick on Butterfly. For what it's worth, this wine is delicious. :)
As long as it is Riesling and/or Moscato, I approve.

Otherwise, I will have to put you on my ignore list. Choose carefully.

The article quoted Zach, as saying she was legally adopted. But he heard that from JH and WH--there has been no proof that I know of.

There is a reason that many of us doubt that she was legally adopted. It is hard to adopt. You need to go through many legal hoops. What family court judge is going to give a 14 yr old girl to a violent ex con in adoption? I find it hard to believe. I know how hard it was for my brother to adopt his step kids. Major background investigation.

I still do not believe she was legally adopted. JMO

I agree. My husband and I adopted our daughter (she was an infant) but we were put through an intensive investigation and background check. Heck even our house was inspected as was our well water. All financial matters were investigated. I realize AJ was a young teen and supposedly not as vulnerable in the eyes of the court as compared to an infant but I cannot imagine that at the very least, WH would not have been required to submit to a criminal background check. Once that was discovered I feel sure he would not have been considered a potential adoptive parent. I feel her name was changed legally but doubt she was legally adopted by him. Someone pulled the wool over Zach's eyes in this situation. Quite dishonest and deceiving IMO.

Ive been absent from this post for awhile, due to rotator cuff surgery. Trying to catch up! But with all the truck/van talk, I just remember a post made on the Bring Aj Home Fb page-- and the woman was asking details of the truck, and then asking if a tweety bird rang a bell, or something along those lines... WH was quick to shut her down saying that the truck is not missing but thanks.... It was just quite odd as we sit here and thinking about these trucks/vans/work vehicles.... I wonder what his business logo was on his work truck/van --- was it a bird?? tweety bird??
I found Tweety Bird cleaning in Hopewell Virginia with a quick google of Tweety bird logo Virginia. ??

http://www.ybiz.com/tweety-bird-cleaning-service-hopewell-23860-1565-va/

I agree. My husband and I adopted our daughter (she was an infant) but we were put through an intensive investigation and background check. Heck even our house was inspected as was our well water. All financial matters were investigated. I realize AJ was a young teen and supposedly not as vulnerable in the eyes of the court as compared to an infant but I cannot imagine that at the very least, WH would not have been required to submit to a criminal background check. Once that was discovered I feel sure he would not have been considered a potential adoptive parent. I feel her name was changed legally but doubt she was legally adopted by him. Someone pulled the wool over Zach's eyes in this situation. Quite dishonest and deceiving IMO.

Step parent adoptions are an entirely different process and VA does not require background checks, home studies or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm wondering if the adoption was done purely for tax purposes. Would one more Dependant put WH into a different tax bracket?
Just a thought

Zach, thank you SO much for posting these delightful pictures of Anjelica! It is a beautiful tribute to your daughter. Yes, they made me cry to think that she is gone, but I appreciate the opportunity to see more dimensions of her personality and life. I thanked you in the previous thread for how your writing in your blog also did that. I think you are truly honoring her, especially for all those strangers that were captured by her disappearance and hoped so strongly for her return. You have done a wonderful job for us of letting us peek behind the curtain of a missing person poster ... to seeing how special she was, and how loved.

I will be with you in my thoughts at the service tomorrow. Please express to Mel, if you meet him, that so many are thinking of him as well.

Sorry Vasportsmom, I wasn't doubting your posts. I was trying to reply with a quote of your posts previously but the forum wouldn't let me post my reply. I suppose laws vary from state to state. I'm so surprised they don't require a criminal background check, at the very least.

Now I'm wondering if the adoption was done purely for tax purposes. Would one more Dependant put WH into a different tax bracket?
Just a thought

If they were filing as a married couple jointly it wouldn't matter AJ was JH's daughter. Tax brackets are based on income not deductions.

Sorry Vasportsmom, I wasn't doubting your posts. I was trying to reply with a quote of your posts previously but the forum wouldn't let me post my reply. I suppose laws vary from state to state. I'm so surprised they don't require a criminal background check, at the very least.

The current system here needs reworked. It creates a loophole that isn't always to the benefit of the child. I was very surprised at how little was involved (other than lots of money) when we first started the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member