VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious to know if they will they be able to tell if she was sexually assaulted. Would they be able to test for the presence of semen at that point of decomposition?
I believe the ME would be able to find trace amounts in a lab. That's my opinion.

This is in no way taking away from AJ, but In FL, the body is held for 48 hrs before cremation. My dad passed in 2013. His wife, my step monster, never told me he was in the hospital. He was there for a week when he passed on a Thursday. She wouldn't let me see him even after he passed, said no one would cause he was being cremated. But, my son worked for a company that picked up bodies and took them where they needed to go, told me about the 48 hrs. He was right. The memorial service was held on Saturday after he passed. I was able to spend time with dad after the service. There was a urn there, but of course there was nothing in it.

So, yes they do have memorials with no remains and it does take a good while to get the remains back. I want to say it took a month.

JMO... (And take it how you wish) I do not think that she has been cremated. Simply because I believe JH and camp would make a public production of scattering the ashes, over some place that's public and near and dear to AJ, (like the softball field where the memorial game took place) as to illustrate why their "social media initiative" is necessary "so that no parent has to do this again" i think they will see it as too opportunistic to simply do it quietly.

I also do not believe for one second that LE has released the body as of yet, especially with that camp being so vocal about the fact that she will be cremated, knowing that once that happens, there will be no availability of a "second-look" (or third or twenty-third) for other experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has LE asked the public for any info/tips related to AJ's death recently?

I've never met an anthropologist that came to a conclusion without physically examining the remains. The only other reason to call in an anthro imo is to examine the dirt in which she was placed or buried. Soil composition is a great way to form a timeline. Changes in color and chemical makeup change in layers much like sediment in rocks.

Oh yes ...I forgot about soil testing ...hmmm...now that has me really thinking about something I saw....just can't recall where or what...

AS ALWAYS THIS IS JMO

He has a hard time of letting go of things, so I think there's a good chance he has the gun somewhere he planned to go back to, or get back from somebody. The emphasis on the they'll "never find it" is because it probably can be found.

Since your so dead set on insisting there is a gun, then let's just say he does have a gun, and he has a friend that holds onto it for him, but the friend pretends that it belongs to him.

Can we roll with that?

Just my guess, but I'm anticipating that there will be more than one arrest made in this case and those arrested may come as a great surprise to many.

Has LE asked the public for any info/tips related to AJ's death recently?

JMO...I have yet to hear any source asking for more information other than when she was missing...I could be wrong....I have just found it odd that has not been mentioned on all the News coverage...IMO

JMO... (And take it how you wish) I do not think that she has been cremated. Simply because I believe JH and camp would make a public production of scattering the ashes, over some place that's public and near and dear to AJ, (like the softball field where the memorial game took place) as to illustrate why their "social media initiative" is necessary "so that no parent has to do this again" i think they will see it as too opportunistic to simply do it quietly.

I also do not believe for one second that LE has released the body as of yet, especially with that camp being so vocal about the fact that she will be cremated, knowing that once that happens, there will be no availability of a "second-look" (or third or twenty-third) for other experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are certain places you can and can not scatter remains. Different laws for different states, but I guess you (not you) could scatter them wherever as long as you don't get caught.

Just my guess, but I'm anticipating that there will be more than one arrest made in this case and those arrested may come as a great surprise to many.

IMO...NO doubt....no doubt....JMO

"If you reveal your secrets to the wind, you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees."
Khalil Gibran

"There are no secrets that time does not reveal. - Jean Racine
There are no secrets that time does not reveal."
Jean Racine

Postmortem Detection of Semen

Very little has been published about the postmortem recovery of semen from rape-homicide victims. One report found morphologically intact spermatozoa in the vagina of a rape-homicide victim who had been dead 16 days. A more recent report describes the recovery of intact spermatozoa from the vagina of a homicide victim at 34 days postmortem. This victim also had detectable p30 on the vaginal swab. No information was available in either report as to the time interval between deposition of semen and death.
A few anecdotal reports have been published describing the recovery of sperm from dead bodies. In these cases there was no history of sexual assault, but swabs were obtained at autopsy as a ‘precaution’. Little or no information was available about the time of deposition relative to the time of death. The longest reported postmortem vaginal recovery was 3-4 months. One body with vaginal sperm was immersed in water up to 2.5 weeks. One mummified corpse yielded vaginal sperm 5-6 weeks postmortem. A mouth swab was positive 4 days after death.
http://what-when-how.com/forensic-sciences/sexual-assault-and-semen-persistence/

LOL

I told my sons when I die I want to be Cremated and my ashes placed in a beautiful urn.
I want them to have me at one of their homes for a year and then next kid gets me the next year alternating years till they die. LOL they looked at me and were at a loss at what to say.
they don't know if im kidding them or not lol.

LOL

I told my sons when I die I want to be Cremated and my ashes placed in a beautiful urn.
I want them to have me at one of their homes for a year and then next kid gets me the next year alternating years till they die. LOL they looked at me and were at a loss at what to say.
they don't know if im kidding them or not lol.

Or put in key chains or necklaces so you can still hang with everyone ;)

Hi all. Remember when they let Casey watch the news of Caylee being found? I wonder if they did that here and if they taped his reaction?

Any time. I'm chock full of random info about archaeology, bone forensics, as well as the origins of zombies and vampire folklore [emoji12]

Jumping way ahead of my reading to reply to this, but I hope you will consider becoming a verified professional poster, Banana. Your knowledge and input could be of so much help to so many people here. :)

Hi all. Remember when they let Casey watch the news of Caylee being found? I wonder if they did that here and if they taped his reaction?

That is very possible!
Maybe the reason they waited till the next day to go there.
They did wait a day didn't they?

Now that she has been found.
Will the pastor pack up and the kids that hang out there go back to their homes?
Unless they live there.

I also want to make this comment, because I believe there is some confusion in some people's minds. Cause of Death, Mechanism of Death and Manner of Death are all very different things.

Cause of Death: This is basically the physiological condition which caused the death. Example: massive coronary, drug overdose, gunshot wound to the head, etc.

Mechanism of Death: This is the physiological condition which results from the cause of death. Example: massive hemorrhage, respiratory failure, liver failure, etc.

Manner of Death: This is basically a professional explanation for how the death came about. Natural death, accidental death, suicide, homicide, etc. Example: Let's say the cause of death in a particular case was a gun shot wound to the head. The mechanism of death might be massive hemorrhage, and the manner of death might be accidental death, suicide, or homicide, depending on what the evidence of the investigation points to.

This is, of course, a very basic explanation of the differences, but I just wanted to take a moment to clarify these terms, so that everyone understands what they actually mean when they hear them in this case.

Something more than a few of us have suspected from the beginning. It's entirely possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase