VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a minute...they both had to have had keys to the house, wouldn't they? He made a point of saying he didn't leave the door key in the mailbox, so that must mean he has a key. She obviously had a key, because why on earth wouldn't she? Did Mom kick him out of the house for some reason, and this is why he didn't use his key to enter the home, instead putting his car key in the mailbox for her? Obviously, we wasn't residing in the home that evening, or he wouldn't have had to drop off his truck for her to use.

WTH?!

Knowing my hubbies OCD he would never leave our house key in a mailbox and risk someone seeing or mailman getting because someone could break in. Just playing devils advocate about not leaving the house key but I don't understand the Tuesday statement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sold on the jacket. Why keep it, and throw everything else out? I have three jackets that do not belong to any of my household in my closet, and they all belong to teenaged friends of my sons.
Just curious, how does one drive with purpose? This neighbor kid saw enough detail to know what AJ was wearing and what time she drove by, but no description of who was in the white car.

And how does a kid, smoking on his porch, know that she is driving 'with a purpose.?'

And how is a car, that is a minute behind, 'following ' her. You cannot follow them, as in 'using them to guide your way', if you are a minute behind.

I agree that the white car was not "following" the red truck.

Let's assume for the moment that WH wasn't residing in the house on the day of the disappearance (which seems reasonable, since he had to drop off his truck for AJ at 7am, and left the key to it in the mailbox). it would be interesting then to know where AJ's cell phone pinged when the text message to her mother at 5am was sent.

I am curious if her mom actually saw her home that morning or assumed she was home.

Hey all - this should link as a google doc viewable to everyone! Just did my best to type it up for those who can't/don't want to listen. :)

Interview Transcript

Remember the rules. Enjoy.

I haven't caught up yet but just wanted to thank you for your work on this. Much appreciated!

No, I don't think so. Lots and lots of details about some things and very sparse about others.

They were supposedly 'there' for 35 minutes. WHERE? In the truck? Standing by the pumps? In the mini-mart? where were they while hanging out and staring at each other?

With everything said in the interview. THIS (BBM) stood out to me the most. That is just off. Very off.
In all my years of being a parent, I have never hung out and stared at my children. I don't hang out and stare at my friends. I don't hang out and stare at my hubs. I don't hang out and stare at anyone. IMO

"I don’t know what a GoPro is. I had to google it and it took me a few hours to figure it out."

My son wanted one last year, and it took about five minutes if that to figure out what a GO Pro was.

Ha. That was an odd thing to say. He can figure out the specs and technical aspects of heating/air conditioning equipment---but it takes a few hours to 'understand' what a GoPro camera is?

Ya'll are GOOD! So many great points. And thank you luckyseven for that transcript. Loved the [sic] you added. That made me laugh.

A question I have is about the money trail. I suppose it is possible that he carries a lot of cash around, but more likely he had to go to an ATM and withdraw $200.00. And the week(?) prior he said he gave her $100 (iirc). I'm sure that LE could find out if he made a withdrawal that day and where. That would be, you know, some real evidence as far as timeline.

With everything said in the interview. THIS (BBM) stood out to me the most. That is just off. Very off.
In all my years of being a parent, I have never hung out and stared at my children. I don't hang out and stare at my friends. I don't hang out and stare at my hubs. I don't hang out and stare at anyone. IMO

AHHH, but I bet when you were a hormonal adolescent, you did exactly that. I used to work in a middle school. That is exactly what 8th graders do when they 'hang out and chill.' He sounds like an 8th grader, the way he speaks, imo.

He says 'something', then says. NO, not really, I mean this...not that, what I really mean is... JUST LIKE AN ADOLESCENT.

Hey all - this should link as a google doc viewable to everyone! Just did my best to type it up for those who can't/don't want to listen. :)

Interview Transcript

Remember the rules. Enjoy.

thank you so much for these transcripts, LuckySeven!

You are a gem!

:tyou:

AHHH, but I bet when you were a hormonal adolescent, you did exactly that. I used to work in a middle school. That is exactly what 8th graders do when they 'hang out and chill.' He sounds like an 8th grader, the way he speaks, imo.

He says 'something', then says. NO, not really, I mean this...not that, what I really mean is... JUST LIKE AN ADOLESCENT.

Yes. With boys my age, or, a couple of years older. Not with my dad!

To me he speaks like a felon!

You guys raised some of the exact points I had: I also felt strange about the times when he tossed in something like "she departed my presence." I couldn't tell if he was just trying to sound smart or there was actually something more sinister in it. I tend to think maybe those were the biggest words he could come up with.

His manner of speaking definitely did make transcribing it more difficult. So many "uhs" and "ums" and "you knows" that towards the end I probably started to ease off recording them. Of course, I'd just chalk that up to the fact that I doubt he has had many public speaking engagements in the past! I did my best to convey the exact rhetoric but I did also use my discretion. Now that I've had some rest I might even go back over it and write EVERY bit out - just wait until I pop that Adderall in a few minutes!

I also questioned why he made a point to say that they struggled to find something to talk about at the gas station but just kinda stood around. I also wondered why it took him "two hours" to perform a Google search. I think this one might kinda be another example of him really trying to ham up the validity of a situation by pumping it full of random details.

Considering how many times I listened to every bit of this, I think I developed a pretty good understanding of what he was trying to say, but I did not pick up on the "possible estrangement" thing. I think it probably takes someone with a bit more life experience than me to make that connection :innocent: -- but great idea. That would answer a lot of the questions about the truck/key/house thing, as well as some of the other strange dynamics that were picked up on. Really nice catch!

The truth is, he would have to be an absolute idiot if he were lying about this stuff, concerning the POI, credit card, and the home search and four interviews. That has to be real information or he is certifiably insane. So it does seem that there is some possible POI more suspicious than him. HOWEVER, there is some really odd dynamic that can be seen leaking from this interview. And even if I didn't know about his history, I would be really suspicious. But sadly there are a few too many suspicious odd ducks in this case.

This is the exact visceral reaction I had to interview. Exactly. We must have a similar thought process! Right off the bat I thought "Well, if this stuff isn't true, he's about to be arrested." I just cannot imagine anyone implicating themselves like this.

they stood and stared at each other ...
He said that because he couldn't come up with a conversation because it didn't happen.
My kids wouldn't hang out and stare back they take the money and run!
Oh and say thanks as they drive away!
LOL

Yes. With boys my age, or, a couple of years older. Not with my dad!

Exactly. If my dad was staring at me and not talking, it usually meant I was in trouble or he wanted me to go wipe my 'white lipstick' off and change out of my bell bottoms. :blush: :angel:

I'm still wondering why on Monday morning he made a special trip to the house to drop of the truck that he said she needed on Tuesday. Why not just give her the keys later on? Could be that maybe he didn't plan on seeing her then or knew she had plans to be gone all night but he specifically states it was for her to use Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last thoughts (and strictly guess/opinion) about possible alternatives to the very sketchy gas station stare off story:

Hey, (easily manipulated person who is a little bit infatuated w/my daughter) I need a favor. If you can just simply drive this truck to my house and park it in the driveway and leave the keys in the mailbox, that would be great. Meet me at that service station with no surveillance. Please don't be late, I have to be back at work by 12:45. Here's 200.00 for your trouble. I'll have someone pick you up from the house and drive you home.

they stood and stared at each other ...
He said that because he couldn't come up with a conversation because it didn't happen.
My kids wouldn't hang out and stare back they take the money and run!
Oh and say thanks as they drive away!
LOL

Could you imagine handing your teen 200 bucks at the gas station, and then getting them to stand there for 35 more minutes while you stare at each other? Never going to happen. LOL

Ya'll are GOOD! So many great points. And thank you luckyseven for that transcript. Loved the [sic] you added. That made me laugh.

I couldn't have written something that sounded more out of a TV show if I tried. Your everyday average "I do heating and air" Joe decides to show off his prowess and say a fancy French phrase and butchers it... but with the naivety of, like, a jock learning complex math. I lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove