Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bop.gov/inmateloc/

WESLEY HADSELL
Register Number: 66754-061
Race: White
Sex: Male

Released On: 02/17/2010

Wow! Good catch. That would make sense. His case in Ohio was dropped due to federal indictment (and Delaware County prosecutor probably decided to let the feds have it) and he gets tried in federal court and ends up in the federal prison system. I looked at the federal court system and you have to register and then pay for the federal court records. (And I'm too cheap to spend money on something having to do with WH.) Maybe the rape charge was not on the federal indictment, so he doesn't have to register as a sex offender.

But didn't he start dating JH in 2010? It evidently wasn't long after his release!

This can also be viewed as WH rambling on in recollection of the truth, which is that he left the key in the mailbox because he wasn't staying at the house (it would seem there was an altercation or other issues prior to AJ's disappearance and he was staying away). The door key thing was a strange subconscious admission. Why did he think that mattered? Not the door key is also " I still have the door key." and he felt that was important to point out, oddly enough. I do believe he is talking about the house door key here, not a separate door key for the truck.

Just realized I got sidetracked explaining MY OWN thought process and forgot to get to this point.

"That morning I had actually dropped off the red truck for her so she could drive: she’s home from spring break and I knew she would need it on Tuesday. I didn’t speak with her, I left the keys in the mailbox – just for the truck, the ignition key only, not the door key. I left and then I heard from Anjelica."

"That morning I had actually dropped off the red truck for her so she could drive"

Out of the gate he's covering for himself by giving us a falling action without the rising - he's admitting that he wasn't at the home in the morning and he's leaving it completely ambiguous. The less detail he gives now, the more room he has to bend and stack parts of the story into "details" later. Also, "I had [done something] for her" is a rhetorical way of supporting his own statement. He's using the present perfect tense which indicates that his action had been followed through or completed.

"I had dropped the car off for her so she could drive" tells the listener that he did drop the car off for her and implies that she did drive it. The past tense - "I dropped the car off for her so she could drive" - doesn't have the same subconscious effect that tells you the action saw itself be completed.

Oh God I was going to do the whole quote like this but I can feel myself going nuts.

The thing is, when the interview originally was published ALL of it felt like some weird, subconscious and guilty rambling. It was so indecipherable that it was hard to figure out which parts had importance, if any. While some sentences jumped out from the start, others have shown significance as more info is released. You can really start to pick apart his thought process.

Let's not forget, Wesley Hadsell is a career criminal who has managed to avoid serious punishment thus far. He has a family, friends, and a job. As much as we are seeing the worst of him now, he must have some charm or ability to manipulate others. He does put serious thought into what he's saying and doing. He's clearly in over his head at this point, which is causing him to flail.

You can tell throughout the entire interview that he's carefully listening to his own story in his head as he says it. He's listening closely to make sure that what he is saying is coming across as authentic, and he is confirming the details of his story in his own head as he says them. The moments in which he corrects himself or jumps ahead of the audience prove that he is tailoring his speech in real-time.

Anyway, let's examine these new circumstances, shall we?

I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home.

Here's an instance where WSers immediately sensed something off. He fumbles over this, corrects himself three times to varying degrees of specificity, and listlessly slips in that he has a second residence is one of these exact subconscious moments you're describing.

He says "I was at work out of town" because, baseline, he wants to sound like he wasn't in the area in the most general way possible. He catches himself instantly, correcting himself to say "not out of town, but an hour away" in case he gets some criticism from being out of town during her disappearance, and to account for possible witness sightings. Still, further, he realizes that saying he was at work has another set of constraints: they can check for time cards, consult employees, look at camera, etc.

He needs to backtrack one more time. By now, he's totally lost. He's getting flustered and the narrative he built before he answered the phone is not panning out. He knows, at this point, that he is staying in a hotel room - but we don't. He needs to quickly come up with something to say that would roughly equate "I was out of town at a hotel room that I'm staying in" without really saying it. He's not quite nimble enough, though, and he doesn't come up with something to fit the story -- he opts instead to move past this moment quickly by saying "I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home." He decides to hope for the best and muddy the water just a little bit, as opposed to risking his status by admitting he was living in a hotel.

There are SO MANY instances of this where the obvious details about what's really going on are laid out in front of us if we can pick through him carefully enough.

I wonder if he was supposed to be working somewhere near where they are searching.

Seriously. Read the Beverly Carter thread. Single moms marry all sorts of unsavory dudes. (Not knocking single moms....I've been one and I'm about to be one again....)

Many of us have been there. Myself included. Sketchy, slimy con-men types know exactly what to say and how to act, to make themselves sound legit. But eventually, they show their true colors. It's just the way it goes.

I wonder if he was supposed to be working somewhere near where they are searching.

Since the nature of the work is going to other sites - commercial or residential - to work on or install heating and AC, I've thought the same thing. I hope LE has gone to his place of employment to see where he has been doing work.

Someone did mention in the last thread that there was a heating and air company near the search location, but I have no idea if he was doing work for it. A local might know.

From ZH blog it seems she knew. Not certain when exactly but there was custody issue over it.

"She shouldn't have brought a man just out of prison (or any man) to live with my daughters without knowing him and vetting him thoroughly. I found out about his past and took her to court to get my children full time from her. Custody remained as it was (split legal and physical)"

http://riverraging.blogspot.com/sea...d-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=4

Yet I still sympathize with JH. Bad choices are bad choices but no one deserves this.

I have much sympathy for her as a mother of a missing child. My heart goes out to her. However I do wish she had gotten to know this ex-con a little better before he moved in with her and her 3 young girls. If ZH is correct that she only knew him a month, and he was fresh out of prison, then my sympathies are with her daughters.

It's entirely possible she knew nothing of his past or, believed him entirely when he said "but I'm nothing like that now, I've turned my life around". Classic stuff. Happens almost every day.

If she truly knew nothing of the garbage coming out now, my heart goes out to her in spades. She must be horrified. Even if she did know and completely believed him about changing, my heart still goes out to her, since clearly nothing has changed.

I think his eyelid tattoos are a sure sign of previously doing some sort of prison time, and of making poor decisions.

Maybe Im confused. WH was saying he was working out of town--1 hour away-- Was that the same day he met up with AJ to giver her money cause it was said he left at 1153 and got to gas station at 1210? thats only a 15 min time frame.. Did I read or misunderstand what was said
-

Someone did mention in the last thread that there was a heating and air company near the search location, but I have no idea if he was doing work for it. A local might know.

Didn't someone say there was a plant or a factory out there too.
Some business ...

Maybe Im confused. WH was saying he was working out of town--1 hour away-- Was that the same day he met up with AJ to giver her money cause it was said he left at 1153 and got to gas station at 1210? thats only a 15 min time frame.. Did I read or misunderstand what was said
-

No, he says he was out of town during one of the searches. I think the first search when they found her card.

I think his eyelid tattoos are a sure sign of previously doing some sort of prison time, and of making poor decisions.

Pretend like I just hit the "Thanks!" button one hundred times

Go to Illinois. His ex wife either refused to testify or she dropped the charges, so the case was dismissed. Illinois hooked him up with what should have been a 10 yr sentence.

She would not press the charges related to S.A., etc. So they were dismissed. He was only in prison 15 months.

No, he says he was out of town during one of the searches. I think the first search when they found her card.

Oh ok thanks. I really should take notes. So much info and so many different stories.. Thank you for correcting that for me

If it is the Company listed on WH FB profile then they do show a location on Centerville Turnpike. It is a straight shot down Centerville to Battlefield. (Puts you right at the search area) It used to be the only way VB/norfolk residents would go to get to the Outerbanks. Nags Head, Dare Cty. From point A to B would take about 15-20 minutes at most.

The "game over" tattoos on his eyes remind me of video games like mario..the old video games where if your character dies, it says "GAME OVER" over their eyes closed. I think it's like a joke for when he's dead it will say "GAME OVER"

From the transcribed interview :
WH
"I didn’t speak with her, I left the keys in the mailbox – just for the truck, the ignition key only, not the door key."

In the mailbox.....not in the house. Not in the house??!! He didn't want to place himself inside the house!
Read the ZH blog! Especially about "chores".

I believe this is why WH made a point of saying the key was in the box. IMO he was really trying to cover himself and say he didn't go inside the house. Where most normal parents would leave a car key!![/QUOTE]

Just speculating:
So, he leaves the keys -- er, the key -- only the ignition key, in the mailbox, not the key to unlock the doors of the truck as well. Was he careful to lock the doors of the truck, so that it could not be stolen if someone else found the key to the ignition in the mailbox? If so, how would AJ unlock the truck doors in order to use the ignition key? Or, was the truck left unlocked? Maybe he did leave "the keys" (plural) -- maybe the other key he left was to the hotel/motel? Which was it -- a key, or keys? And why would he be so specific as to correct his statement to make it clear that only (1) key was left in the mailbox -- just the ignition key? In my opinion, he is finding it difficult to keep his story straight.

Didn't someone say there was a plant or a factory out there too.
Some business ...

Near the intersection of yesterday's search there is a company called Southern Packing. Think butcher shop on a larger scale. They do sell to restaurants, etc but I have walked in and bought steaks as well.

She would not press the charges related to S.A., etc. So they were dismissed. He was only in prison 15 months.

Do you have a link showing the conviction that led to the 15 month sentence? Is that the federal sentence? He got out in 2010, and I think all that stuff with the ex-wife happened in late 2005. I suppose the federal courts can move slowly.

So:

1. The long criminal conviction history in NC has been confirmed.
2. One felony stat burglary conviction occurred in Williamsburg, VA in 1996(http://ewsocis1.courts.state.va.us/CJISWeb/circuit.jsp)
3. He was in federal prison until 2/2010, but I don't know what the charges were.

Something tells me he's not going to be granted bail on the latest charges. He should get the book thrown at him, but you never know. With his history, I'd have thought he'd still be in prison in the first place.

From the transcribed interview :
WH
"I didn’t speak with her, I left the keysin the mailbox – just for the truck, the ignition key only, not the door key."

In the mailbox.....not in the house. Not in the house??!! He didn't want to place himself inside the house!
Read the ZH blog! Especially about "chores".

I believe this is why WH made a point of saying the key was in the box. IMO he was really trying to cover himself and say he didn't go inside the house. Where most normal parents would leave a car key!!

I think the reason he tries very hard to make it known that he only left the ignition key and didn't go inside the house is because a person like him is probably used to being accused and automatically assumes that any question geared towards him is an interrogation rather than a simple question. If he wasn't hiding anything, he wouldn't try to make the small minute details known unlike a normal person answering imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela