VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been Verified does not have the criminal history for Illinois or Ohio. Not even arrests records from there. I did find he was arrested in Williamsburg VA and charged with 3 counts of Stat Buglary and 1 count of Felony Larceny. The first 3 were Nole'd but found guilty of the other.

Why in heavens name did she marry this dude?

The disposition on the Ohio charges is: "SETTLED OR DISMISSED PRIOR TO TRIAL"

So, no strike there.

I thought the Ohio charges were dropped because of a federal indictment. I'll go back and see if I can't find the document.

From ZH 's Blog:

http://riverraging.blogspot.com/sea...d-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=4

"Everyone left for school/work at 7 (minus Wes, who wasn't staying in the house). I'm guessing she wakes up at 9, and gets ready and does some chores. Evidence of her doing chores and even going above and beyond with some chores, but then evidence she left in a hurry."

Possibly a clean up by someone else??!!

When I first read that on Zach's blog I thought about our own homelife compared to WH's statement about what went on that day (you know, the one he forgot to mention until like, 12 days after the search for AJ was underway? Yeah, that one)...

Kids are home for March break - they're staying up late and sleeping in. The LAST thing they're doing is getting up early and going overboard on chores! Sure they help out around the house but... based on AJ's tweets over the last few weeks, she was stinking TIRED. She was stressed with school, deadlines, tests, routines... she must have been REALLY looking forward to being home, staying up late, sleeping in and just having some much needed down time. She was home for what, 2 days tops before Monday morning? Is she *really* getting up early and doing all kinds of chores before she suddenly calls WH (which she never does) and asks him for money (which she never does) then leaving the house to meet him for a creepy gas station lunch, coming back, leaving again, then coming back again, then disappearing before her sister gets home?

Really? I mean, if it really happened this way I'll eat this post with hot mustard but come on, it's completely unrealistic. This girl is working her butt off at school, studying hard, often hungry, recently feeling like junk do to a cold, etc. She just wanted a much needed break like all young adults do at that age, come spring break. She's not up bright and early doing chores.

IF there was evidence chores were left undone as in a hurry (paper towels sitting on the counter, cleaning products sitting out, whatever that evidence was) I'd suggest it was someone else who needed to get out of that house just after 2 (when the white car was seen) before little sister got home at 2:25.

100% speculation and MOO.

When I first read that on Zach's blog I thought about our own homelife compared to WH's statement about what went on that day (you know, the one he forgot to mention until like, 12 days after the search for AJ was underway? Yeah, that one)...

Kids are home for March break - they're staying up late and sleeping in. The LAST thing they're doing is getting up early and going overboard on chores! Sure they help out around the house but... based on AJ's tweets over the last few weeks, she was stinking TIRED. She was stressed with school, deadlines, tests, routines... she must have been REALLY looking forward to being home, staying up late, sleeping in and just having some much needed down time. She was home for what, 2 days tops before Monday morning? Is she *really* getting up early and doing all kinds of chores before she suddenly calls WH (which she never does) and asks him for money (which she never does) then leaving the house to meet him for a creepy gas station lunch, coming back, leaving again, then coming back again, then disappearing before her sister gets home?

Really? I mean, if it really happened this way I'll eat this post with hot mustard but come on, it's completely unrealistic. This girl is working her butt off at school, studying hard, often hungry, recently feeling like junk do to a cold, etc. She just wanted a much needed break like all young adults do at that age, come spring break. She's not up bright and early doing chores.

IF there was evidence chores were left undone as in a hurry (paper towels sitting on the counter, cleaning products sitting out, whatever that evidence was) I'd suggest it was someone else who needed to get out of that house just after 2 (when the truck was seen leaving) before little sister got home at 2:25.

100% speculation and MOO.

I totally agree with you!

Does anyone know where the hotel room was located? I'm curious as to the distance between the hotel and AJ's residence

Why in heavens name did she marry this dude?

It's entirely possible she knew nothing of his past or, believed him entirely when he said "but I'm nothing like that now, I've turned my life around". Classic stuff. Happens almost every day.

If she truly knew nothing of the garbage coming out now, my heart goes out to her in spades. She must be horrified. Even if she did know and completely believed him about changing, my heart still goes out to her, since clearly nothing has changed.

You guys are great! I am interested in what the household was like just before she came home....was WH made to leave so she would be comfortable? He has injected himself into every situation. Am wondering why he haven't heard from Zach and does anyone have information on how the mother is dealing with this? Prayers for this beautiful girl and the ones who really loved her.

OK, I have the petition to dismiss the State of Ohio vs. Wesley Hadsell. It was because of the federal indictment. I just have to find out how to attach it here.

It was submitted and signed by the prosecutor. Evidently they decided to let the feds handle it.

Attachments

• Hadsell 00064789309.pdf
    27.4 KB · Views: 61
It's entirely possible she knew nothing of his past or, believed him entirely when he said "but I'm nothing like that now, I've turned my life around". Classic stuff. Happens almost every day.

If she truly knew nothing of the garbage coming out now, my heart goes out to her in spades. She must be horrified. Even if she did know and completely believed him about changing, my heart still goes out to her, since clearly nothing has changed.

From ZH blog it seems she knew. Not certain when exactly but there was custody issue over it.

"She shouldn't have brought a man just out of prison (or any man) to live with my daughters without knowing him and vetting him thoroughly. I found out about his past and took her to court to get my children full time from her. Custody remained as it was (split legal and physical)"

http://riverraging.blogspot.com/sea...d-max=2016-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=4

Yet I still sympathize with JH. Bad choices are bad choices but no one deserves this.

This can also be viewed as WH rambling on in recollection of the truth, which is that he left the key in the mailbox because he wasn't staying at the house (it would seem there was an altercation or other issues prior to AJ's disappearance and he was staying away). The door key thing was a strange subconscious admission. Why did he think that mattered? Not the door key is also " I still have the door key." and he felt that was important to point out, oddly enough. I do believe he is talking about the house door key here, not a separate door key for the truck.

The thing is, when the interview originally was published ALL of it felt like some weird, subconscious and guilty rambling. It was so indecipherable that it was hard to figure out which parts had importance, if any. While some sentences jumped out from the start, others have shown significance as more info is released. You can really start to pick apart his thought process.

Let's not forget, Wesley Hadsell is a career criminal who has managed to avoid serious punishment thus far. He has a family, friends, and a job. As much as we are seeing the worst of him now, he must have some charm or ability to manipulate others. He does put serious thought into what he's saying and doing. He's clearly in over his head at this point, which is causing him to flail.

You can tell throughout the entire interview that he's carefully listening to his own story in his head as he says it. He's listening closely to make sure that what he is saying is coming across as authentic, and he is confirming the details of his story in his own head as he says them. The moments in which he corrects himself or jumps ahead of the audience prove that he is tailoring his speech in real-time.

Anyway, let's examine these new circumstances, shall we?

I got a call – I was at work out of town, not out of town, but an hour away. I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home.

Here's an instance where WSers immediately sensed something off. He fumbles over this, corrects himself three times to varying degrees of specificity, and listlessly slips in that he has a second residence is one of these exact subconscious moments you're describing.

He says "I was at work out of town" because, baseline, he wants to sound like he wasn't in the area in the most general way possible. He catches himself instantly, correcting himself to say "not out of town, but an hour away" in case he gets some criticism from being out of town during her disappearance, and to account for possible witness sightings. Still, further, he realizes that saying he was at work has another set of constraints: they can check for time cards, consult employees, look at camera, etc.

He needs to backtrack one more time. By now, he's totally lost. He's getting flustered and the narrative he built before he answered the phone is not panning out. He knows, at this point, that he is staying in a hotel room - but we don't. He needs to quickly come up with something to say that would roughly equate "I was out of town at a hotel room that I'm staying in" without really saying it. He's not quite nimble enough, though, and he doesn't come up with something to fit the story -- he opts instead to move past this moment quickly by saying "I wasn’t in my home residence, Norfolk home." He decides to hope for the best and muddy the water just a little bit, as opposed to risking his status by admitting he was living in a hotel.

There are SO MANY instances of this where the obvious details about what's really going on are laid out in front of us if we can pick through him carefully enough.

Just so I understand it correctly (I will alert this post to a Mod so that we get an explanation/answer). Can we link to articles in the past pertaining WH if the articles contain names of others that were involved - yes or no? Thanks in advance.

When someone has one arrest, one brush with the law, I don't hold it against them. We ALL make mistakes. I know many people that have done one stupid thing, been in the wrong place/w.wrong people. IMO, what matters most is what they do afterwards.

WH has a long run of criminal behavior. It was not a fluky one time thing. IMO, he thinks and acts like a criminal does. He may say he has not been in trouble for 10 years, but that is not true, imo. Evidence shows he has had a gun during that time. And he did break into a home. I don't believe his version of WHY he did so.

I posted way upstream, awhile ago, that I believed WH planted that jacket. Many thought that was a stretch for me to say that. I said he had history of breaking and entering so it is quite possible he could do so. And now, hearing him admit that he broke into the house, I am convinced that he did, in fact, plant that jacket there. He even leaked it a bit by saying " I did not plant it there" w/out even being asked. And his stories about the jacket are inconsistent.

And as others have said, why would someone 'hide' damning evidence under s couch cushion where their parents sit every day?

I have tried not to have tunnel vision, but I failed.

Just so I understand it correctly (I will alert this post to a Mod so that we get an explanation/answer). Can we link to articles in the past pertaining WH if the articles contain names of others that were involved - yes or no? Thanks in advance.

Thanks NWLady

Please give me a few minutes and I'll get right back to you.

Seriously. Read the Beverly Carter thread. Single moms marry all sorts of unsavory dudes. (Not knocking single moms....I've been one and I'm about to be one again....)

From ZH blog it seems she knew. Not certain when exactly but there was custody issue over it.

"She shouldn't have brought a man just out of prison (or any man) to live with my daughters without knowing him and vetting him thoroughly. I found out about his past and took her to court to get my children full time from her. Custody remained as it was (split legal and physical)"

Yet I still sympathize with JH. Bad choices are bad choices but no one deserves this.

You're right, I forgot about what Zach had posted. So she did know. I'm going to have to go with she genuinely believed he was a changed man. There is no sane mother on the planet that puts her baby girls (I don't care how old they are, they're always our baby girls) in direct access to a person with a horrific past like WH has unless she truly believes he's left that in the past. Although, since they were separated, as it appears, I think she may have begun to realize he wasn't as changed as she'd hoped?

100% speculation.

You're right, I forgot about what Zach had posted. So she did know. I'm going to have to go with she genuinely believed he was a changed man. There is no sane mother on the planet that puts her baby girls (I don't care how old they are, they're always our baby girls) in direct access to a person with a horrific past like WH has unless she truly believes he's left that in the past. Although, since they were separated, as it appears, I think she may have begun to realize he wasn't as changed as she'd hoped?

100% speculation.

I'm curious, because of the difference in location, how they met in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine