VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Illinois. His ex wife either refused to testify or she dropped the charges, so the case was dismissed. Illinois hooked him up with what should have been a 10 yr sentence.

Do you have a link for the Illinois charges/sentence?

I am always amazed that in this day and time people can seemingly vanish into thin air. The fact that there isn't a concrete positive with out a doubt "this is the last time I saw and/or spoke with AJ..."bothers me-a lot.
The complete lack of verified information on this is a little mind boggling.

Welcome Zach, I'm sure this is all overwhelming for you. You express your emotions in words beautifully and you make your reader truly understand the feeling behind them. Everyone here has one common goal and that is to bring Anjelica home.

Maybe another dumb question or irrelevant, but why is WH so eager to point to this neighbor (if he is) or was that just more deflection on his part? I hope Zach decides to answer those of us who are off track or have it completely wrong. I am curious if there was an argument prior to her leaving, too. Did she like or dislike WH?

We do not know if she liked him or not.
We didn't even know he was not living at home till it was confirmed by
the search of his hotel room. (We speculated as much)
Why was he staying there?
Was it temporary? (maybe till AJ went back to school.)
Unless AJ is found we may never know.

I'm not sure that settling outside of court means he wasn't convicted and/or subject to the three strikes law. That may be true, my original post on the three strikes noted that I wasn't sure how settling affected the law's application.

If you click on "events" and "dockets" at the link you posted, you'll find it was dismissed without prejudice. There is no way that can count against him.

Go to Illinois. His ex wife either refused to testify or she dropped the charges, so the case was dismissed. Illinois hooked him up with what should have been a 10 yr sentence.

I think she is afraid of him!
JMO

I don't think he was ever convicted of any of the stuff involving his ex-wife, nor the rape charge he was indicted for prior to that incident(he's not a registered sex offender). He pretty much had a string of indictments before and after, and nothing ever came of it. The older NC charges apparently did stick to him.

Her father heard the rumbling on the phone which made him worried. Now even if the charges were downgraded; it still has to make you wonder of his capabilities. That is scary situation when you hear it on the phone and have to call the police when your daughter isn't answering the phone.

We do not know if she liked him or not.
We didn't even know he was not living at home till it was confirmed by
the search of his hotel room. (We speculated as much)
Why was he staying there?
Was it temporary? (maybe till AJ went back to school.)
Unless AJ is found we may never know.

From Zach's blog post of March 19
Sunday night was the Rousey fight. She watched that. Up late.
Everyone left for school/work at 7 (minus Wes, who wasn't staying in the house). I'm guessing she wakes up at 9, and gets ready and does some chores. Evidence of her doing chores and even going above and beyond with some chores, but then evidence she left in a hurry.

Her father heard the rumbling on the phone which made him worried. Now even if the charges were downgraded; it still has to make you wonder of his capabilities. That is scary situation when you hear it on the phone and have to call the police when your daughter isn't answering the phone.

It does make me wonder, for sure. My point was the need to be careful of what we say here. The family alleged that he kidnapped her. He never got a conviction for it, so a matter of fact statement that he kidnapped somebody is out of line.

It does make me wonder, for sure. My point was the need to be careful of what we say here. The family alleged that he kidnapped her. He never got a conviction for it, so a matter of fact statement that he kidnapped somebody is out of line.

He does have a felonious restraint charge in NC though

A person commits the offense of felonious restraint if he unlawfully restrains another person without that person's consent, or the consent of the person's parent or legal custodian if the person is less than 16 years old, and moves the person from the place of the initial restraint by transporting him in a motor vehicle or other conveyance. Violation of this section is a Class F felony. Felonious restraint is considered a lesser included offense of kidnapping. (1985, c. 545, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, s. 1147; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

He does have a felonious restraint charge in NC though

Not just a charge, but a conviction and prison time. I don't know who he did that to though. Probably not the ex-wife? It was years prior to the incident DexterMorgan made reference to.

Also:

http://law.justia.com/codes/north-carolina/2005/chapter_14/gs_14-43.3.html

Excerpt: Felonious restraint is considered a lesser included offense of kidnapping.

ETA: Ed79 must have been typing at the same time as me, but a little quicker :)

Now that we can comment on this, I wanted to mention something that caught my eye before. Evidence of her doing chores and even going above and beyond with some chores

Evidence of a clean-up?

OMG...hadn't thought of that.

Do you have a link for the Illinois charges/sentence?

Couldn't find the news article or get information from the Illinois State police without filling out a form. So, I spent $2.95 to get his criminal record. Be back in a minute.

These may be two strikes on WH's record. Can't be 100% sure without lots of research. As for VA, I only saw a minor traffic violation.

WH's North Carolina charges from 1998
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=2
§ 14-43.3. Felonious restraint

WH's Ohio charge from 2005 (he has others, but we do not need to bring a victim's name here, so this link is only to one charge)
(ETA: This charge was dismissed so it looks like it would not be a strike)
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?30181541
2903.11 (A) Felonious assault.

Still catching up but, he has more than one felony in NC. Several, on different dates.

Extracting a few statements from ZH blog posts that may be helpful:

http://riverraging.blogspot.com/2015/03/people.html

ALL friends have been looked at.

(The little sister) comes home at 2:25, but is walking down the street at 2:20 til 2:25 so she doesn't see the truck move or anything happen from 2:20 (maybe even earlier).

She texted (her little sister) at 2:30 - "with friends", with a thumbs up sign.

I talked to the boy's mom and she was shocked for me to ask her about a Longwood jacket. She said the only jacket she knew of was his girlfriends jacket from a different school... I guess this kid (18 y/o?) found the first piece of debit card while walking home from work.

These are not intended to fuel further Wes Timeline incredulity, we need to try focusing on establishing as many facts as possible.

Not just a charge, but a conviction and prison time.

I should have wrote conviction. Good catch.

He would have been 18 or or so at the time, would have to look at his DOB and I am being lazy at the moment.

If I were to take a guess it would be a girlfriend, maybe even a little younger than him. Just the start of his possessive behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnaNikiSB