VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://wavy.com/2015/03/21/crews-search-for-missing-teen-anjelica-hadsell-in-chesapeake/

This article quotes family as saying they started searching on Thursday 3/19 around 5pm after receiving a tip. They then notified police (no time mentioned) after finding clothing.

Chesapeake LE is quoted as saying they received a request Thursday 3/19 at 6.20 pm to assist NPD at the scene.

Various locals are quoted as saying LE searched up and down the road Thursday evening, Friday evening, and requested surveillance video from a local business some time during the day Friday.

Could the same person(s) that sent the tip to the "family" have also sent a tip to LE at approximately the same time... (Give or take an hour or two)?

:waitasec:

If he had any idea they were coming to arrest him he would have hid everything. To me he thinks he is untouchable. JMO

Does anyone know why he was staying in a hotel and when he went there? I'm having a hard time with the credit card and her borrowing $200. When I get a new cc, I shred the old one and if that's not handy, I cut it into many pieces and make sure it goes in MY trash. What makes WH suspicious of this neighbor?

His hotel stay was never mentioned on the go fund me page. Plus his employer will likely have to fire him due to the most recent arrest. Plus he is facing hefty time. How has he helped his family at all. Plus lets not forget all the lies.

Could the same person(s) that sent the tip to the "family" have also sent a tip to LE at approximately the same time... (Give or take an hour or two)?

:waitasec:

I think the (tip) was received and the family went out there and an hr later called the PD.

Illinois is another state where he has charges. That is where him and his ex wife were finally found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not speculating on why he had the ammo, but that is not "a lot of ammo".

Regular 9mm FMJ is commonly sold in 50 and 100 round boxes at the walmart and pretty much any gun shop. Some more expensive hollow point ammo is sold in smaller packages. I can burn through 200 rounds in an hour or two at the range.

I know this guy shouldn't even have a single round, but I'm a bit sensitive to the media, and people in general blowing things out of proportion. I can't count the number of times I've seen the media call 10 firearms and 1000 rounds of ammo "an arsenal". If you live in VA, you've probably got a neighbor with much more than that, and completely legal.

As you point out that wouldn't be a lot of ammo to carry in your gun bag to the range. If all I had was 72 rds, I'd have to buy more before I started shooting. But to carry for defense, many don't carry more than they have in the gun. 10-15 rds in a double stack magazine, for example. I think he borrowed someone's gun and bought the ammo for it. When it was done he probably gave the gun back loaded with the spare loaded mag and forgot about the remainder of the box. He might have even thought if he didn't a gun, the ammo wouldn't be an offense by itself. This guy is not the brightest bulb in the case.

'10 guns and 1000 rds of ammo' constitutes an 'arsenal'? If they count .22, I might be there!

His hotel stay was never mentioned on the go fund me page. Plus his employer will likely have to fire him do to the arrest. Plus he is facing hefty time. How has he helped his family at all. Plus lets not forget all the lies.

Yes I don't understand it!
How in gods name did this help anyone.

he knows the law and how it works..

Breaking News: Wesley Hadsell has admitted that he was guilty for these new charges very openly and freely. But. Why the 15hr interrogation? Why are they checking his hotel room. Dont they just usually let your lawyer bring you in when it is already known that the d.a is about to file charges? Was this arrest a surprise to him or did he know in advance? This is why i hope he wasnt in charge of the go fund me money. Because it was not meant for his legal problems and commisary.

Wesley said in the WAVY interview that the police think he knows more than he is telling them. They suspect him but haven't named him a POI.

The significance of the ammo, in speculation anyway, is the intent that can be derived from it. Having the ammo alludes to having the gun it goes with, and having used it recently. The absence of the gun suggests he tossed it. Having a 9mm can speak volumes about what you planned to do with it, and even if you didn't, it means you're capable. This is not a hunting gun we are taking about (unless people shoot turkeys with 9mm?) Of course, it is totally possible he was shooting guns in the woods for fun and having the ammo in his room was just a tragically irresponsible mistake.

I guess I was thinking along the lines of, if you're going to a hotel, you pack a duffel bag or whatever, but you don't have a "Don't forget the ammo" moment - and I say that because I am assuming he was temporarily staying at a hotel/motel. It could have been in the bottom of his bag for years, and I'm out in left field. Won't be the first time. :blushing:

As you point out that wouldn't be a lot of ammo to carry in your gun bag to the range. If all I had was 72 rds, I'd have to buy more before I started shooting. But to carry for defense, many don't carry more than they have in the gun. 10-15 rds in a double stack magazine, for example. I think he borrowed someone's gun and bought the ammo for it. When it was done he probably gave the gun back loaded with the spare loaded mag and forgot about the remainder of the box. He might have even thought if he didn't a gun, the ammo wouldn't be an offense by itself. This guy is not the brightest bulb in the case.

'10 guns and 1000 rds of ammo' constitutes an 'arsenal'? If they count .22, I might be there!

Hopefully they searched his vehicle as well, in case it's stashed there. I would like to think a felon in possession of ammunition would constitute probable cause.

These may be two strikes on WH's record. Can't be 100% sure without lots of research. As for VA, I only saw a minor traffic violation.

WH's North Carolina charges from 1998
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=2
§ 14-43.3. Felonious restraint

WH's Ohio charge from 2005
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?30181541
2903.11 (A) Felonious assault.

It's worth reading the links to the charges that SBHack has provided: in North Carolina, there's an "impressive" string of them ...

His hotel stay was never mentioned on the go fund me page. Plus his employer will likely have to fire him due to the most recent arrest. Plus he is facing hefty time. How has he helped his family at all. Plus lets not forget all the lies.

Yes, a lot of strange behavior, not helping....more like he's trying to control the situation.

I think when all this happened, Him breaking into the house and all, LE cut him a break and did not arrest him because just maybe they felt bad for the dude and got the homeowners not to press charges at that time.
I think something happened on this last search that changed everything.
They found something or saw something. Maybe someones pings were revealed. Something made them arrest him. What was it?

Or was it to just get him out of the way because he is hindering the investigation!

That is a wonderful and very very probable point.

These may be two strikes on WH's record. Can't be 100% sure without lots of research. As for VA, I only saw a minor traffic violation.

WH's North Carolina charges from 1998
http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=2
§ 14-43.3. Felonious restraint

WH's Ohio charge from 2005
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.o_case_sum?30181541
2903.11 (A) Felonious assault.

The disposition on the Ohio charges is: "SETTLED OR DISMISSED PRIOR TO TRIAL"

So, no strike there.

People have asked if he would bother 'planting' evidence or staging a scene. But I noticed 4 counts of Class One Felonious FORGERY out of N.C. [linked above] So that seems like someone who thinks along those kinds of lines. JMO

Le doesn't want too many cooks in the kitchen especially when one of the cooks could be trying to poison the menu.

Maybe another dumb question or irrelevant, but why is WH so eager to point to this neighbor (if he is) or was that just more deflection on his part? I hope Zach decides to answer those of us who are off track or have it completely wrong. I am curious if there was an argument prior to her leaving, too. Did she like or dislike WH?

People have asked if he would bother 'planting' evidence or staging a scene. But I noticed 4 counts of Class One Felonious FORGERY out of N.C. [linked above] So that seems like someone who thinks along those kinds of lines. JMO

Plus he was abducting his ex while she was on the phone with her father. So there's no telling how he thinks.

The disposition on the Ohio charges is: "SETTLED OR DISMISSED PRIOR TO TRIAL"

So, no strike there.

Go to Illinois. His ex wife either refused to testify or she dropped the charges, so the case was dismissed. Illinois hooked him up with what should have been a 10 yr sentence.

Plus he was abducting his ex while she was on the phone with her father. So there's no telling how he thinks.

I don't think he was ever convicted of any of the stuff involving his ex-wife, nor the rape charge he was indicted for prior to that incident(he's not a registered sex offender). He pretty much had a string of indictments before and after, and nothing ever came of it. The older NC charges apparently did stick to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026