VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You rarely hear of missing children in this area. When I looked at the state police missing children I was amazed, AJ and a 5 year old boy are the only ones I have heard about on the news. Maybe she took off for what would be a short time, maybe she figured no one will know. Then her face was everywhere. Maybe AJ knew nothing of WH past. It could be possible she is embarrassed or feels guilty for what has come out. She could also just be afraid to come home thinking everyone will be mad at her.

Trying to think positive!

So let's assume that WH was completely lying about giving AJ money. Let's assume there was no GoPro, no Craigslist. What happened to AJ, if we take all of WH's story out of the picture?

I've been mulling this over myself and not getting very far.

The truck was definitely at the house.

According to sis, AJ was home alone at 7am.

Police are looking for information after the evening-morning hours of the 2-3rd. Right? So I'm thinking a video is possibly out there.

You rarely hear of missing children in this area. When I looked at the state police missing children I was amazed, AJ and a 5 year old boy are the only ones I have heard about on the news. Maybe she took off for what would be a short time, maybe she figured no one will know. Then her face was everywhere. Maybe AJ knew nothing of WH past. It could be possible she is embarrassed or feels guilty for what has come out. She could also just be afraid to come home thinking everyone will be mad at her.

Trying to think positive!
True. Looking into a girl that went missing from Virginia a few years ago but there's so far only two websites with a little bit of info . Obviously no media picked up the case .

So let's assume that WH was completely lying about giving AJ money. Let's assume there was no GoPro, no Craigslist. What happened to AJ, if we take all of WH's story out of the picture?

But I'm not sure I can ignor he said he met with her around noon. Why would he place himself with her if he wasn't?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is why I am here on Websleuths - for these gems like this. The logistics are the hardest thing to navigate. In fact the flyer issue has been a big pain to me. I feel like Jennifer's flyers (not actually made by her) could be a little bit better. The 'MISSING' logo or whatever is too small. The picture is too small and too much background and is a glamour photo. Wes and Jen's cells are the numbers listed instead of police. No reward is listed and no online reference is listed. MANY times I have gone into a place that has a flyer but the flyer is off to the side and nobody is looking. I put them right on the door or where people pay. I go to bars. I even prayed with a couple guys from a bar. We held hands. Now that was a thing of beauty. I have gone to fire stations and delivery places since they go into people's homes or see inside. I put at stop lights and walkways. At laundrymats, and barber shops. One time the bartender said I couldn't leave one, so I just asked a guy drinking a beer if he'd seen her and told him to hold onto the flyer if he would. The flyer might have ended up on the table for a couple hours. That might be enough. Bars are good places for bad guys to hang out at. I was gonna go inside a strip club but they were closed. I might tape one to their door with maybe a sticky saying 'please post'. I have tried to tell this stuff to Jennifer and all the friends that are over there all the time, but so far they haven't changed their flyer or their approach. They have all been fooled into believing I am just some guy interfering and trying to get back into Anjelica's life or something. Thanks to Jennifer. I think she needs to be in jail for awhile too. That's just my rant cause I'm getting tired and pissed off. If somebody has her, I wish all the damnation of the mighty God upon their head and may justice be swift and fierce........

See if you can get your flyers into the hands of truck drivers. They are in a great position to spread the word.

So really we can say that there isn't any real evidence out there (that we know of) that would actually give suspicion to this boy other than he supposedly found the first piece of her debit card and supposedly saw her leaving and coming back that day and said a white car followed about a minute later (according to Wes)?

For me, the fact that he lied about something so easy to verify, means I discount anything he has said.

So for me, that leaves she was seen by younger sisters that morning at 7am. One of the sisters got home at 2:30 that afternoon and she was gone. The house had been cleaned. Mom started receiving texts some time that evening into the early morning that she did not believe were from Anjelica. She filed a missing persons report that evening.

Maybe the sisters could confirm whether or not the work truck was there when they left. If so, then we also know that WH was there some time after 7am to switch trucks.

But I'm not sure I can ignor he said he met with her around noon. Why would he place himself with her if he wasn't?

Maybe that's the excuse he gave his boss for returning to work late that afternoon?

It is a good point that while WH's past raises a red flag (and let's not forget all the other hinky behavior lately), his most egregious offenses had to do with domestic violence while estranged from his then wife. I don't know what his former forcible restraint was about. But isn't it a truism that the most dangerous time for a person is when they are leaving their partner? So his past would maybe be more applicable if JH was missing, not her daughter.

Does anyone know of any comparable cases where a child was harmed during a separation, rather than the spouse/partner?

QUITE OFTEN. It's called fillicide. The ultimate way to get revenge on the other parent:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/10/25/parents-who-kill-custody-battle/13721487/

True but if I was trying to distance myself from a crime I would put myself there if I wasnt but hey lol he's said a lot of things that werent true [emoji12]

RSBM. That is the problem with GoPro as lure theory. The target market for GoPros are young males. If you are intending to catch a young female, you need a different lure.

Now, I've been wondering if, as a young athlete, she may have gone for a run and gotten snatched. Seems more likely to me.

But would she have taken 2 bras, gym shorts and a knee brace with her? Did she run with a brace, I wonder?

The only way I can explain the lying and actions of WH is that he knows his history. He knows the police are going to suspect him immediately. He is leery of police because of his history, doesn't trust them. Even in his interview he mentioned not sharing information with police. He's having marital problems, and perhaps financial considering the hotel he chose to stay in. (No family he could stay with? or Friends?) Perhaps he is a habitual liar by nature. Some people lie, and I don't even know if they realize they are lying ,but if you try to correct or question them, they'll just tell more lies. Even if not in a stressful situation, or covering for a crime, etc. They just lie!

If that accurately describes WH, and he truly does care about AJ, and didn't feel police were doing anything, or only focusing on him, maybe he was doing what he could to find AJ. I don't understand the tearing down of the flyers, and many other actions, I honestly can't explain those away. Especially if he was suspicious of someone besides ZH! ZH's flyers should have posed no threat to anyone, and there was no lying or impeding an investigation by posting those flyers. Other than a power struggle/control issue?? Don't know.

If we remove WH completely out of the picture, including any statements he has made, and any actions he has done, we're left with few facts. AJ is missing. She was last seen at her home by Mom and sisters at 7 am. We have no further information that she was ever seen after that. No further information that she communicated with anyone after that. No information other than what WH has stated. LE has NOT confirmed any of those statements from WH!

I do not believe the neighbor was ever interviewed by any media, nor have police said a neighbor saw her, or saw the truck at certain times, etc.

I doubt AJ's mom would have any idea what clothes AJ packed to bring home with her. So no way of knowing what clothing might be missing. I couldn't tell you what clothes of my daughters are here, at a friends, in her car, or she's sold! No idea. Doubtful many parents do know all clothing that a teenager would have.

No friends of AJ have mentioned talking or texting, or snap chatting, or any form of communication with AJ.

Wondering if anyone knew AJ would be home alone that day? Mom said she wasn't aware of any plans for AJ to go anywhere. Assuming Mom was gone all day at work, or wherever she was from the 7 am, until that afternoon/evening, that's many hours that anything could have happened.

LE really needs to make a statement!!! We literally have no factual information to go!!!

But would she have taken 2 bras, gym shorts and a knee brace with her? Did she run with a brace, I wonder?

Possible. But these have not been confirmed to be AJ's and frankly there is too much possibility of contamination of this evidence. When I suggest she may have gone for a run, it just seems like the likeliest way for a stranger abduction to have occurred in this scenario.

I'm wondering if the cousin came forward on her own about the texts, or if someone asked her specifically if she knew of any weird or inappropriate texts that had been sent to AJ. Do we know?

Unless they do think its WH and thats why they arrested him when they did to insure the safety of your girls ? Seemed strange they arrested him after the date he actually did it .
I just don't want to get stuck in one mindset about this and only focus on WH . Even though my thoughts go back to him ,or someone he knows . you're a good dad Zach don't let anyone tell you your not . I know this has to be crushing for you and yet youre here for AJ

ya, im here alright. shoulda been there.

Thanks. I'm tough. Worried about my daughters.

I'm sure these questions have run through your mind a million times.

If AJ were to choose to separate herself from everyone and everything she cares for, where would she go? Did she have a favorite place?

Do you think it is possible that yet another separation was too much for her to handle? As a side question, how recent was the separation?

Would there be anyone other than the person everybody wants to look at that you would suspect?

If you are uncomfortable answering any of these I completely understand. I am inspired by the strength you have shown during the most challenging time of your life.

There are some other questions I would love to ask, but don't feel here would be the place.

Zach, the problem is that, to my knowledge, the only person who has said there was a 2pm sighting is WH. And you've already confirmed that he lied about a very big thing--that the Longwood jacket was found at her friend's house.

That is a big WOW right here.Strange how LE is holding him in jail as we speak,unrelated charges but still there.If LE is not talking I try to follow their actions.

ya, im here alright. shoulda been there.

You cant blame yourself for that. It wasnt by your choosing that you were shut out of her life. Kids are so impressionable at that age and adults can really influence them and they dont even know it's being done to them. Please try not to be so harsh on yourself. You could never have known something like this would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member