VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

Any word yet on the body found off Va. Beach Blvd? I've been looking for this guy for ages...hoping it's him so his family can have some closure. He has a crippled leg, so hopefully that will help identify him or rule him out.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bradshaw_gerald.html

The location of this body is close to the bus station, so...maybe?

Coming out of lurk status... I'm friends with shawn on FB, I just asked if he ever heard anything back or heard anything on the scanner. I'll let y'all know if he responds.

He asked the question on both WAVY's, WTKR's, and WVEC's FB page, but no answer on any.

Sorry I haven't been on here but 1) I had to get confirmed as an insider and 2) I have ten lesson plans I have to write before Monday evening.

Someone asked me how the dog that got punched by WH is doing. I honestly don't know. I'm in Florida. For all who know my husband, the reason is simple. If she's trying to get away from a bad situation she may come down here. I would hate to be up there, if she does come down here.

And btw I would have dearly loved to have seen WH try to hit one of my dogs. I have 3 French mastiffs mixes none weighs less than 70 pounds. He would have been down on the ground in seconds.
Thank you, and your dogs are adorable.

All of the info on the new official flier is the same except that the phone numbers were updated. Doubt that changing missing to bring AJ home means anything since that's been the intent from the beginning. It's the Fb name, it's on the bracelets, it's our common goal.

Does it weird anyone else out that they keep creating so many different fliers? What is the point of that? The only reason one would need to update a missing poster is if there is new information that could help a search, right?

If only that put as much effort into organizing actual searches...

JMO, for some reason it just really bothers me that there is a new missing poster every other day.

Thank you, Brenchen for sharing with us. I'm sorry that you and your husband are going through this. I guess the thing that stuns me is that a judge really signed off on the adoption papers? A judge saw all the criminal records we saw and more! and said "Yes, I think he will make a fine father to this 15 year old girl"? That to me is criminal in itself.

Thank you, Brenchen for sharing with us. I'm sorry that you and your husband are going through this. I guess the thing that stuns me is that a judge really signed off on the adoption papers? A judge saw all the criminal records we saw and more! and said "Yes, I think he will make a fine father to this 15 year old girl"? That to me is criminal in itself.

From what I've been reading, usually the only thing that will bar an adoption is a prior criminal history of violence or abuse against children. It would appear any other kind of felony record showing, would be at the judge's discretion to either approve or deny the adoption petition.

:gaah:

So she was never Angelica Hoffer? But Angelica L. before the adoption that changed her name to Hadsell?

I so hope that she is safe somewhere!

I was just about to ask the same question. It's pretty common anymore for mixed/blended/step-families and kids to have one name (their legal, birth name) but use the family surname.

I'm surprised about the adoption as well I always thought that unless the child was in care permission would have to be sought from the Bio parent or they would have to either voluntarily give up parental rights or have them taken away by the courts.

From what I've been reading, usually the only thing that will bar an adoption is a prior criminal history of violence or abuse against children. It would appear any other kind of felony record showing, would be at the judge's discretion to either approve or deny the adoption petition.

The judge would have seen the charges against him when he was 19 and his gf was 15 and even though he wasn't charged, the judge knows that's statutory rape. The judge's discretion is faulty, IMO.

Conviction of a barrier crime shall disqualify an applicant. The term ‘barrier crime’ includes:

Murder or manslaughter
Malicious wounding
Abduction for immoral purposes
Assaults and bodily wounding
Robbery, burglary, or carjacking
Threats of death or bodily injury
Felony stalking
Sexual assault
Arson
Drive-by shooting
Use of a machine gun or sawed-off shotgun in a crime of violence
Pandering, crimes against nature involving children, incest, or taking indecent liberties with children
Abuse and neglect of children or failure to secure medical attention for an injured child
Child *advertiser censored*
Abuse and neglect of incapacitated adults
Delivery of drugs to prisoners
Any felony violation relating to possession or distribution of drugs
An adoptive home also may be disqualified for:

A conviction of any other felony not listed above unless 5 years have elapsed since conviction
A founded complaint of child abuse or neglect
A child-placing agency may approve as an adoptive parent an applicant who has been:

Convicted of not more than one misdemeanor not involving abuse, neglect, or moral turpitude of a minor, provided 10 years have elapsed following the conviction
Convicted of statutory burglary for breaking and entering a dwelling, home, or other structure with intent to commit larceny, who has had his or her civil rights restored by the Governor, provided 25 years have elapsed
Convicted of felony possession of drugs who has had his or her civil rights restored by the Governor, provided 10 years have

SBM
https://adoption.net/a/adopting/pre...nd-checks-for-adoption-by-state/115/#Virginia

Conviction of a barrier crime shall disqualify an applicant. The term ‘barrier crime’ includes:

Murder or manslaughter
Malicious wounding
Felony stalking
Sexual assault
Arson
Drive-by shooting
Pandering, crimes against nature involving children, incest, or taking indecent liberties with children
Abuse and neglect of children or failure to secure medical attention for an injured child

A conviction of any other felony not listed above unless 5 years have elapsed since conviction
A child-placing agency may approve as an adoptive parent an applicant who has been:

Convicted of not more than one misdemeanor not involving abuse, neglect, or moral turpitude of a minor, provided 10 years have elapsed following the conviction
Convicted of statutory burglary for breaking and entering a dwelling, home, or other structure with intent to commit larceny, who has had his or her civil rights restored by the Governor, provided 25 years have elapsed
Convicted of felony possession of drugs who has had his or her civil rights restored by the Governor, provided 10 years have

SBM
https://adoption.net/a/adopting/pre...nd-checks-for-adoption-by-state/115/#Virginia

BBM

Geez...think someone dropped the ball here? WTH?

Was she actually legally adopted by Wes? Is it fact? Or was it that he "adopted" her?

BBM

Geez...think someone dropped the ball here? WTH?

BUT... it clearly states CONVICTION of a barrier crime. So in that context, at the very least his previous burglary conviction would qualify, would it not? (I can't remember what else he was actually convicted for but I know the charges against him for what he did to his first wife were pretty much tossed out. UGH)

Murder or manslaughter
Malicious wounding
Felony stalking
Sexual assault
Arson
Drive-by shooting

SBM

But... this section is "Requirements for Foster Parents in Virginia" I'm not sure the same criteria would be applicable to a person filing as an adoptive parent. One would think so, but foster parent and adoptive parent have different legal definitions.

What's also strange is that the adoption took place so quickly. Based on much of the story here I believe it had more to do with teaching someone a lesson than out of love and family values.

I'm surprised about the adoption as well I always thought that unless the child was in care permission would have to be sought from the Bio parent or they would have to either voluntarily give up parental rights or have them taken away by the courts.

Permission was sought. Anjelica wanted it and he gave it to her. A lot of things happened after Anjelica was born. He was always in her life until she turned two, he was 19. JH told him "if you don't come pick up your daughter right now, you will never see her again." He was at the beach with his friends, didn't believe her and she took off with Anjelica the same day to be with some guy she had met on the Internet. A couple weeks later he was served with child support papers from Montana.

He went into a blue funk and starts doing drugs to forget the pain. His sister finally got him off of them. He didn't fight it because in Filipino culture the mother has all the rights.

He met me, I got stationed in Sicily for five years and while we were gone Jennifer came back to VA. He didn't want Anjelica to know what JH had done so he left alone.

He friended her on FB, sent her birthday and Christmas presents but in general stayed out of her life. He wouldn't tell her what happened between him and JH. If she had asked me I would have been happy to tell her.

When she turned 13 she wanted Mel to sign for her to be adopted, he did. He didn't know WH's record or he would have refused. Whether he signed the papers or not though Anjelica is still HIS daughter. Anjelica knows he is her father and stills says he is her father.

It wasn't done to hurt Mel, it was done so that she could have the same last name as her mother and her sister. At that age I suppose it was difficult having a different last name. Then again too WH may have pushed for it and we just didn't know he was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member