VA - Anjelica "AJ" Hadsell, 18, Norfolk, 3 March 2015 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok.. I can't find luckysevens transcript from the jailhouse interview. We need it linked on page 1 unless I missed it....

I found it. Thanks Razzle.
everything before that just was overwhelming and we honest to God felt the cops weren't doing anything about it. They weren’t .. you know, my daughter didn't run away, in our eyes. I still stand by that. Like I said, if someone proves me wrong then... that would be the day. *tearing up* I felt like she had time, and time's ticking.

I am bothered by those 72 rounds of 9mm ammo. I originally thought it might have been in a bag or a box and WH forgot about it. But he hid in the ventilation duct with the drug scale and that tells me he knew he wasn't supposed to be in possession of it. Why else would he have kept it if he didn't believe he might use it again. I believe that gun is probably in the possession of a friend or relative. No need to toss it in the river if LE doesn't have a reason to suspect it was used in a crime. IOW, NPD would have to know of a crime scene and recovered a bullet or spent casing. Since we probably don't know of such a crime scene, that gun is probably still around and there is no way for LE to connect him to it. Even if they find a friend or relative with a 9mm, that caliber is like the infamous white car - probably the most commonly owned caliber.

I felt the same way!
Also when I saw about the balloon release I though to my family that was lost a year ago in a massive landslide, only a year later was a gallon release (well it was actually paper lanterns in thier case) done. Why because a balloon release is a way to memorialize and celebrate the life of one who has passed on. So I found it odd that they are doing one so soon into the investigation. Jmo though!

I concur about the balloon release. I have followed many missing persons cases and from my experience I've always seen a balloon release (like you said) setup to memorialize and celebrate. I've also seen family members hold a balloon release or something similar like a candlelit vigil for the person that is still missing in their families. In the specific cases I followed the difference is that they held these type of events after their missing family member had been gone for quite some time. This is the first time I've seen a family hold such an event so soon. Because this is a very active investigation and it is only weeks in it seems to me the main focus would be finding AJ and keeping AJ's name in the media in every way possible. Making sure the public knows about AJ and making sure they don't forget that she is still missing.
Given I am, in no way, an expert when it comes to how missing persons cases should be handled. I've never gone through such a thing and I pray I never have to. Do I think there is anything "wrong" with planning and organizing this balloon release? Essentially not. (Aside from the fact that it appears illegal per this link:
http://balloonsblow.org/laws-concerning-balloons
I had not thought of this until I read several locals mention it elsewhere. I am a real nerd about 'following the rules and especially the law.' But this isn't important here on AJ's missing thread.) If the balloon release will help the family as far as prayers and support go then I think that is great.

When I follow a missing persons case my loyalty lies with the victim. So, when I don't see the victim's closest family members doing all they can to find their loved one it makes me question everything. I absolutely understand that AJ's mother is going through a horrific time right now. With that said because she is AJ's mother imo by her doing interviews I personally believe it stays with the public more and more people are likely to support an upset mother who is desperate to find her daughter. IMO, when some people see a mother whose daughter is missing screaming at a local news station to leave it unfortunately is seen as unusual and hinky on her part. (note: I said to "some people" not all.)
I live in South Florida but I grew up in NC and my family are all still there. My parents and sister are following this case because it is local to them and they commented to me that they wish someone from AJ's family (i.e. her mother) would start speaking up for her, begging the public for help, begging anyone that has the slightest bit of info to please come forward, begging the public to not forget that her daughter is still missing, etc. I feel the same way. It makes me want to get on TV and jump up and down and scream **** "This 18 year old, beautiful, talented, intelligent girl, AJ, is still missing PLEASE everyone out there HELP us bring AJ home...etc."****
IMO< this is the time that AJ has to be put first and everything and everyone else has to be set aside.
I truly hope and pray that AJ's sisters are being well cared for in this awful time. I can't imagine how this all must be for them. My heart is heavy when it comes to AJ. I hope she is found soon. I'm praying with all my might that this doesn't go on and on because I can't imagine what support AJ would have down the road if this is what it looks like today. ALL MOO.

Katieb0218, I'm so deeply sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing. :rose:

I think we need to send her a gas card to aid her in her extra-curricular activities.
I agree! I could not wait to hear what was discovered & jumped on the scanner as soon as it was mentioned. If I were there I would be doing the same thing ;-)

I just drove back from a race and decided to go down Ballahack Rd and look at Cavalier Wildlife Mgt Area. Gravel/dirt road going down into it and wouldn't be a problem a Ford F-150 pu truck. I also drove past the spot where the search was last week. I hadn't paid much attention to it before, but one could drive back in there and hide a body very easily. I can see why LE was all over that area. The 2 miles down Battlefield was probably to see if they could find more items, but if I was going to hide a body it would be down that short road from where LE set up their operations - especially early in the morning. But once you made that turn and got down the road I don't think anyone would pay attention to you. Just before Battlefield hits the Chesapeake Expressway.

I also wondering about that area up Gallbush where someone said they saw buzzards, but I didn't come back that way.
Thanks for the description. I have been looking at that area on the google maps & wondered what it was like from a real persons stand point.

That reply was tame in my opinion. The OP that spawned the reply has constantly tried to steer the conversation away from WH. Look at their message history. Perhaps they are unaware of all the details but that is no excuse in my opinion.

I do not mind a dissenting opinion so long as there is some attempt at a legitimate argument. Simply stating "I do not think WH is involved" is not an argument. Furthermore, Imagining potential "theories" is sometimes helpful, but not without some sort of evidence that might suggest those theories are possible.

I've said this several times but I feel it needs repeating. Statistically women who go missing or are murdered are likely to know the person responsible...by an overwhelming percentage. And amongst those who run away, there are numerous risk factors that they very often have in common with other runaways. AJ, it would appear, does not have the combination of risk factors that would usually inspire someone to want to run.
http://www.nrcpfc.org/teleconferences/4-21-10/Runaway_Risk_Assessment_User_Guide_.pdf

"An estimated 10% of female murder victims were killed by a stranger." Source: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvv.pdf

imo

Has anyone heard anything about any searches going on today? Anything new from LE or the family? Anything at all? It just seems...eerily quiet to me. :(

Bouncing off your post... it's also a little strange to me that LE hasn't executed a search warrant on WH's house. Even though he's no longer living there I would expect that LE's discovery of ammo and drugs at the hotel would provide probable cause to search his other residence. The same would hold for searching cars, trucks, WH's work van, etc.

At the same time it would give LE an opportunity to look around for evidence that something bad happened to AJ - although that might require a separate warrant with specific wording - I don't know.

Sooo, I'm wondering why none of the above has happened. It's maddening trying to second guess what LE knows or what evidence they have. And I'd like to hear more from JH than her just asking to keep the "focus" on AJ.

I'm bringing over a quote from Noah Thomas' thread that WS member Tillicum posted. The quote comes from Mark Klaas regarding a different case but IMO it applies here as well:

"I have long believed that the parents have a duty to advocate on behalf of their missing children. Even if you are paralyzed by grief and fear it is important to find the strength within to be there for your child. You want to get the public invested and you want to ensure that law enforcement maintains an aggressive and active investigation."

Bouncing off your post... it's also a little strange to me that LE hasn't executed a search warrant on WH's house. Even though he's no longer living there I would expect that LE's discovery of ammo and drugs at the hotel would provide probable cause to search his other residence. The same would hold for searching cars, trucks, WH's work van, etc.

At the same time it would give LE an opportunity to look around for evidence that something bad happened to AJ - although that might require a separate warrant with specific wording - I don't know.

Sooo, I'm wondering why none of the above has happened. It's maddening trying to second guess what LE knows or what evidence they have. And I'd like to hear more from JH than her just asking to keep the "focus" on AJ.

I'm bringing over a quote from Noah Thomas' thread that WS member Tillicum posted. The quote comes from Mark Klaas regarding a different case but IMO it applies here as well:

"I have long believed that the parents have a duty to advocate on behalf of their missing children. Even if you are paralyzed by grief and fear it is important to find the strength within to be there for your child. You want to get the public invested and you want to ensure that law enforcement maintains an aggressive and active investigation."
I am going under the presumption that when AJ was initially reported missing, LE did a thorough search of the house.

With that being said, I am trying to pinpoint how long WH has been out of the home & living in the motel room. So many conflicting reports of approximately when.

I have a sick feeling. Just did a google map from this address of the homicide to Ballahack Rd Chesapeake. Not that far at all. There may be a connection, maybe.... JMO

The double homicide in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake is believed to have a drug connection, but in my opinion it is not connected.

I am curious about the area of the search last week - the intersection of Battlefield Blvd and Chesapeake Expressway - and the area around Gallbush. Were the clothes thrown there to divert attention away from the crime scene? I mean, why throw the clothes out the highway? Put them in a large green garbage bag, drive behind a strip mall someplace where you don't believe they have surveillance cameras and toss them. Or did they want the crime scene or other to be found so they threw the clothes out there?

If you thought your significant other wasn't capable of doing something like this, wouldn't you be shouting it to the world??

I would assume most people would be, yes. However, (and I'll just say this in general terms, not directed toward anyone at all) if you married a creepy, violent ex-con who is fully capable of all sorts of awful things, you've likely convinced yourself he's a changed man and would *never* do anything like to you, or your loved ones. So then as more and more info comes out you get to deal with that whole psychological mess of coming to terms with the idea that yes, he might actually be capable of it, towards you or your loved ones. Tons of guilt, second guessing everything, etc. Not a very pleasant process to work through, even if your kid isn't missing but likely even more difficult if she is. IF this is what JH is dealing with right now, she may just be pushing it aside because it's too much to deal with on top of the idea that her daughter is missing.

All speculation, of course.

In my opinion, those gongs would have sounded a lot sooner had there not been texts, allegedly from AJ, on Monday, 03/02/2015, at 2:30 pm, to her sibling, saying that she was with friends; and in the wee hours of the morning of Tuesday, 03/03/2015, at 4:30 am, to her mother (JH), saying that she was not ready to come home yet. The missing person report would have been made earlier and the search would have begun ASAP. These texts, in my opinion, were made by someone other than AJ, solely to buy time.
That's the thing, according to WH, the gongs were going off the night before the texts, on Monday.

I always assumed it was the suspicious texts that prompted alarm, then her phone being "off or dead".

But according to him, they were concerned Monday night.

So what on that FIRST day caused them to not know whether or not to report her missing?

I too wondered if they could search the home, work, and wherever else is connected to him, since they found what they did in the hotel.

That reply was tame in my opinion. The OP that spawned the reply has constantly tried to steer the conversation away from WH. Look at their message history. Perhaps they are unaware of all the details but that is no excuse in my opinion.

I do not mind a dissenting opinion so long as there is some attempt at a legitimate argument. Simply stating "I do not think WH is involved" is not an argument. Furthermore, Imagining potential "theories" is sometimes helpful, but not without some sort of evidence that might suggest those theories are possible.

I've said this several times but I feel it needs repeating. Statistically women who go missing or are murdered are likely to know the person responsible...by an overwhelming percentage. And amongst those who run away, there are numerous risk factors that they very often have in common with other runaways. AJ, it would appear, does not have the combination of risk factors that would usually inspire someone to want to run.
http://www.nrcpfc.org/teleconferences/4-21-10/Runaway_Risk_Assessment_User_Guide_.pdf

"An estimated 10% of female murder victims were killed by a stranger." Source: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvv.pdf

imo

So if AJ is no longer with us, there is a 90% chance that the culprit is someone she knew. Yeah, that doesn't help WH in my view.

I just drove back from a race and decided to go down Ballahack Rd and look at Cavalier Wildlife Mgt Area. Gravel/dirt road going down into it and wouldn't be a problem a Ford F-150 pu truck. I also drove past the spot where the search was last week. I hadn't paid much attention to it before, but one could drive back in there and hide a body very easily. I can see why LE was all over that area. The 2 miles down Battlefield was probably to see if they could find more items, but if I was going to hide a body it would be down that short road from where LE set up their operations - especially early in the morning. But once you made that turn and got down the road I don't think anyone would pay attention to you. Just before Battlefield hits the Chesapeake Expressway.

I also wondering about that area up Gallbush where someone said they saw buzzards, but I didn't come back that way.

I drove back there too this past Wednesday. I would post pictures but we can't. This place would be a perfect place to hide a body. No one would see you even during the day. It's just this tiny 1 lane gravel road with roads and canals and swamp on both sides.

If you guys have Google Earth just search on Cavalier Wildlife Management Area, Ballahack Road, Chesapeake, VA or you can probably find some pics online. That whole area back there is so rural.

I drove back there too this past Wednesday. I would post pictures but we can't. This place would be a perfect place to hide a body. No one would see you even during the day. It's just this tiny 1 lane gravel road with roads and canals and swamp on both sides.

If you guys have Google Earth just search on Cavalier Wildlife Management Area, Ballahack Road, Chesapeake, VA or you can probably find some pics online. That whole area back there is so rural.
Google maps are a great tool for me to utilize since I am so far away. I also have my Aunt who lives there ( the reason I heard about this case) who helps fill in the blanks. She will not go anywhere close to this area now, with all this going on, so it helps to hear the descriptions.

Finally caught up, and have to leave in about a half hour, but real quick:

Can someone get blackout high, like they could get blackout drunk? I'm wondering if WH really simply has no memory of events.

WH: Oh, God knows I didn&#8217;t get over here until two, three, I don&#8217;t know, in the morning, something like that. They talked to me a good while, but then I lawyered up. I did ask for a lawyer. Because the way they were going, they were getting, you know, kind of rough with things. Not physically, just verbally and mentally. I shut down. I couldn&#8217;t remember anything. I couldn&#8217;t answer a question, honestly. I&#8217;d say &#8220;I don&#8217;t know, I don&#8217;t have an answer.&#8221; I could not remember because they just drilled me with so much crap, so hard, it was like I shut down. My mind went blank. I had a massive migraine.
jailhouse rock

My initial impression from this section was that he just didn't want to answer, but now I'm wondering if it might fit everything that he has done if he just doesn't remember what he happened? He seems so earnestly to want to find her, and yet so guilty with his actions.

OK, I'll play, I thought AJ sent the 4:30 text to her mother not vice versa.

Anytime I have seen LE not issue a press conference it has been because they already know who did it, they just like to have their ducks in a row and prefer to have the body. The police doesn't need the public's help so there is no need for the conference. This also tells me it is someone close to AJ and not some random stranger who would be a threat to the rest of the public, if that was the case there would be a presser.

Agree, family or friend, someone close to AJ. Anytime I have seen a stranger abduction in brood daylight it's been a crime of opportunity, pushed in a van, grabbed off a bike trail etc. Any cases I hear of someone breaking into a home and murdering someone, the stranger just leaves the body there, they don't bother to remove it if they have nothing tying them to the victim. All jmo from what I've seen in the past.

From AJ's Twitter feed, it seemed as though AJ's boyfriend's feelings may have been cooling off a bit, she seemed disappointed or sad at the lack of time they were spending together at times. I find it's the more intense/passionate boyfriends that snap and harm their partner, like Wesley with his ex wife.

According to police, he had ammunition and told them they'd never find the gun, he broke into a home, punched a dog, told 4 kids to lie to police and threatened them that they better not tell, told police he was using drugs, had evidence of drugs in his room...etc etc etc... This wasn't just air horns silly, and he didn't suspect the 4 kids of harming AJ.

Maybe the truck was moved to the other side of the driveway so someone could back their work van up nice and close?

I don't think AJ would take sports bras and training shorts with a knee brace to go party or hang out with friends.

See above re. stranger abductions. I also don't think it's either of the 2 witnesses, if they did it, why say they saw her at all?

The police always have to say they don't suspect foul play in a missing adult case unless there is an obvious crime scene. A good percentage of missing persons cases I have followed started out that way. Pretty standard.

I am sure they checked all kinds of video, more than we know right now.

As a bonus I'll add in creepy text guy. I don't suspect him after seeing the help me with the cute emoji, it reminds me of when I worked at a pub, guys would get crushes on us girls the odd time and it would be awkward a bit, so we'd look at each other with pleading eyes and beg each other to swap tables or sections. Those guys were harmless, the real scary guys weren't handled between just us girls, those guys had to deal with the 6'4 250 lb bouncer. If AJ was scared I doubt she would just have laughed about it to her cousin. She seems to have a ton of close large male friends she could have gone to.

I like to look at every possibility, the problem here though is, WH has made it doubly hard. I find that not only do I have to come up with another theory/suspect that makes sense, but I also need a theory to explain WH's behavior if it's not guilt.

[modsnip] I don't think that human traffickers or crazy strangers stole her away. Like most pretty young women that age who are harmed, I think she was harmed by someone she knows, and who knows her family's routine. I'm gonna go with the recently estranged drug addict step Daddy that likes to control and overpower women, harm animals and threaten people. The one who smirked when he talked about the police's theory of AJ "blossoming". Nope, no creativity here, just your typical run of the mill sex offender who hurts the ones he has access to.
This times 10!!!!

The double homicide in the Deep Creek area of Chesapeake is believed to have a drug connection, but in my opinion it is not connected.

I am curious about the area of the search last week - the intersection of Battlefield Blvd and Chesapeake Expressway - and the area around Gallbush. Were the clothes thrown there to divert attention away from the crime scene? I mean, why throw the clothes out the highway? Put them in a large green garbage bag, drive behind a strip mall someplace where you don't believe they have surveillance cameras and toss them. Or did they want the crime scene or other to be found so they threw the clothes out there?

The area searched is only 10 miles away.....I'll be quiet now..just gave me the willies when I read that these older women were linked to drugs. I pray she has taken off somewhere for Spring break and will come back and say "sorry for all the fuss, I was upset and needed a break." I pray......:please::please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove