Identified! VA - Annandale, WhtFem 245UFVA, ~60, 'NO CODE, DNR, No Penicillin', Dec'96

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, if they linked up fingerprints if someone would have to sit down and manually compare or?? I don't know how that works.. I'd assume it's just as simple as the click of a mouse button but who knows.

THey have software that can line up/compare the prints in an instant and determine a match.

Lol thanks!!!

I totally agree that Astridxx could be onto something! Curious to see what police come back with. Did they give a tentative timeframe for when they'll respond?

I wonder if her DNA was put into some kind of data bank to compare to demographics. Kind of like comparing nationalities or races. For instance, if she's Caucasian from German decent then one area may have a larger concentration, etc.

Are police limited in their resources with cases like this? With her being a Jane Doe with a DNR bracelet & definite suicide, would they be limited in how much money they spend investigating it?

They are comparing DNA as of last Wednesday.

Still catching up in the thread... Final Exit used to be in my Public Library. There's several self-suicide books on the market.

He just said it'll take some time so they'll let me know when they hear. I alerted NY State Police, Wayne Co police and the Doe Network the week prior to getting in touch with fairfax co but haven't heard anything.

Just FYI Jane Doe had thrown up when she died -- pulmonary edema.

Just for speculation purposes in case Jane Doe isn't JG... She has a scar in her belly that could be from a c-section. However, what about if the scar is actually from a hysterectomy? Could she have had uterine cancer that ultimately decided she had to have surgery? It's very painful & has a high percentage of reoccurrence, only that a person adds to their life years by having it removed once diagnosed. If that's the case, maybe she didn't have children.

I wish we knew if she had an autopsy or not. Then we'd know how many pregnancies she's had, if any.

He just said it'll take some time so they'll let me know when they hear. I alerted NY State Police, Wayne Co police and the Doe Network the week prior to getting in touch with fairfax co but haven't heard anything.

Just FYI Jane Doe had thrown up when she died -- pulmonary edema.

That would be normal, especially considering the bag promotes lack of oxygen. I wonder if it was mostly bile with pill ingredients mixed with the Looza & Brandy or if its content came from food left in her system. I wonder if she had a bowel movement as dying. That would have shown what was in her system as well. I'm saying this bc it seems like she might have dressed for the occasion, therefore maybe she also treated herself to a "last meal". If she did, would her stomach contents have shown what type of food she had? If so, maybe it was a specialty & police could find restaurants it was served at.

Long shot, I know...

Just for speculation purposes in case Jane Doe isn't JG... She has a scar in her belly that could be from a c-section. However, what about if the scar is actually from a hysterectomy? Could she have had uterine cancer that ultimately decided she had to have surgery? It's very painful & has a high percentage of reoccurrence, only that a person adds to their life years by having it removed once diagnosed. If that's the case, maybe she didn't have children.

I wish we knew if she had an autopsy or not. Then we'd know how many pregnancies she's had, if any.

That is possible but I have seen the scar on her abdomen and it's pretty well healed -- doesn't look recent.

They never did an autopsy because she requested they didn't.

That would be normal, especially considering the bag promotes lack of oxygen. I wonder if it was mostly bile with pill ingredients mixed with the Looza & Brandy or if its content came from food left in her system. I wonder if she had a bowel movement as dying. That would have shown what was in her system as well. I'm saying this bc it seems like she might have dressed for the occasion, therefore maybe she also treated herself to a "last meal". If she did, would her stomach contents have shown what type of food she had? If so, maybe it was a specialty & police could find restaurants it was served at.

Long shot, I know...

Good points but I have seen no mention of a BM and any subsequent analysis. The throw up was blood red.

That is possible but I have seen the scar on her abdomen and it's pretty well healed -- doesn't look recent.

They never did an autopsy because she requested they didn't.

When I was younger, my (ex)bf's mom had a hysterectomy. She was 42. That seemed awfully young to me. In this day & time, doctors don't really like doing hysterectomies unless its completely necessary, last ditch effort. Years ago they were more readily performed, much more so than now. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Are there alot of Spanish/Latino/Cuban people buried in that cemetery? I'm wondering bc Jardines de Recuerdos translates to Garden of Memories. Pleasant Valley Memorial Park is aka Jardines Del Recuerdos.

http://www.trueyellow.com/Cemeteries/Annandale/VA/show.asp

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=51693

The detective on the original case said the cemetery was popular among the African American population.

http://www.pleasantvalleymemorial.com/dm20/en_US/locations/05/0598/history.page

The original detective said she was found alongside a mausoleum, no where near a grave.

THey have software that can line up/compare the prints in an instant and determine a match.

Yep, but only if the prints are in a database in the first place. I was fingerprinted last year (for a security reason, not criminal!) and they now do this on a screen, and it is instantly digitized and put into a database. I have a copy in my hand as I type. If, as was suggested, JG's prints were on hard cards in the files of some local PD, I guess they were "available" but of course nobody ever asked. I think that dropped passes like that will happen less in the future.
I completely agree on not posting the post mortems. There is no need to do so at this point and this forum is open to the public. I would not want to see my mother that way.
There are many jobs under the table, no SS number is needed. If someone stays out of trouble, keeps below the radar and keeps moving they can go a long time like that. IF our Jane Doe is JG that's what she probably did.
Franklin Delano Floyd was caught after several decades only after he tried to use his actual SSN to collect some insurance money. I certainly don't mean to compare JG and FDF, but the point is, it is still possible to vanish. FDF vanished from the face of the earth in 1973, but there he was in plain sight.

A guy I know who is a retired cop told me one time that many of the older fingerprint cards aren't of high enough quality to be scanned in, so even if they want to, they can't. Also, depending on the size of the law enforcement unit and the thoroughness of their bookkeeping, they'll have thousands and thousands of old cards. No matter how much they'd like to, they don't have the budget or the personnel to upload everything.

And many in LE don't think finding missing persons is their job. In their minds, it's not illegal to leave home and therefore it's not a law enforcement issue. And in practical terms they don't have the resources. Many departments are running so close to the bone that if a cop spends two hours locating a fingerprint card and comparing it, that's two hours of patrol that doesn't happen in a bad part of town.

I'm not saying I agree with them, but that's the reality.

The detective on the original case said the cemetery was popular among the African American population.

http://www.pleasantvalleymemorial.com/dm20/en_US/locations/05/0598/history.page

The original detective said she was found alongside a mausoleum, no where near a grave.

The cemetery does have a large AA population but is also very diverse ethnically. It has been there for years - based on names the older graves seem to be primarily Caucasian/European. They were owned/managed by a Hispanic company for a few years but that didn't last very long, probably in part due to all the complaints of the guard dog they had running loose in the cemetery. The number of funerals dropped off drastically while under their management. The mausoleum is located in area that is surrounded by graves - I can post some pictures if you'd like to be able to see the area. Also, from articles I have read she was near the baby section which is very near the mausoleum. There isn't much in the way of "open ground" at the cemetery, you can't walk much more than 10 feet before you come upon another grave.

I feel really sorry for people who have a loved one go missing. Depending on who they are and where they live may impact the amount of help they receive.

So much is not in our control, especially when a loved one suddenly disappears and no one has a clue why. Then the question becomes is this an abduction or did they walk away.

I agree police departments are stretched to the limit and can only provide a certain amount of help. Thankfully, it seems there are many people who care, such as those here who voluntarily spend their time examining cases. I've also watched volunteers step up in droves to help with searches throughout the years.

This lady sitting alone in a cemetary on a cold winter's night is haunting because it gives one pause to wonder how many people are out there who could suddenly die and no one would know or care. To me that's about as bad (and sad) as it gets.

I was in this cemetary about two years ago for the burial of a dear friend of mine. I thought the place was lonely as hell. You go off a main drag and then down into this cemetary. The JD could have passed it on a bus route many times and decided it would be a place where no one would show up at night. One would need to know where it was, because unlike some of the larger cemetaries, it's not as well known and it doesn't stand out. At the larger cemetaries there is usually some kind of security driving around as well as maintenance vehicles. I saw a building near the entrance that looked like it was once a caretaker's house, but is now used as an office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72