VA VA - Arieanna Day, 3 months, Roanoke, 12 September 2018 *Charges dropped*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I still think his wife may have a chance to talk with him and convince him to tell the truth - but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part. I think we will know more with the analysis of the swabs taken come back - probably later this week or next.

I still think his wife may have a chance to talk with him and convince him to tell the truth - but perhaps that is just wishful thinking on my part. I think we will know more with the analysis of the swabs taken come back - probably later this week or next.
Yes, hopefully we'll learn more in the next week or so. I'm having trouble connecting the dots on this case.

In the original report of the mother putting Arieanna to bed at 10 and then finding her missing at 11 LE called the cirumstances "unusual" but I wonder if they quickly suspected Terry was involved. Certainly the grandmother suspected "someone" and it wasn't long until LE asked the Blacksburg police for help. Blacksburg is in Montgomery county where Terry was arrested.

Now we find that the mother and Terry had communicated with each other about Arieanna prior to her going missing and that Terry had been to the house at separate times during the day.

It's odd to me then that her disappearance wasn't reported as an abduction by the father. But LE may have been playing their cards tight to the chest while they sought search warrants for the car and (I assume) cell phones.

IMO with so little information being released (including the mother's name) the investigation could swing in several different ways. Either Terry acted alone and the mother truly didn't know he had taken Arieanna or she knew and LE chose to keep that information out of msm. A third possibility can't be discussed too much here right now but IMO it is possible that the mother had a part in Arieanna's disappearance.

In any case I wish Terry would tell where Arieanna's body is. He's in deep doodoo no matter what he did so unless there is evidence on her body of trauma/abuse he doesn't have much to lose by disclosing the location. Analysis from the collected evidence should shed some light on what happened. MOO.

Afterthought: I know this is silly but in light of so many GFMs popping up every time a child goes missing I'm surprised no one has set up a fund for Arieanna's mother. It probably doesn't mean anything, just thought I'd mention it.

Search warrants reveal new information in missing baby case
The search warrants also state that Terry was at the home where Arieanna went missing from "on separate occasions during the day of the report."

Documents also reveal that Terry's phone was seized by police because it was reportedly used in reference to the missing infant prior to police notification.

‘The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office will conduct an informational checkpoint tonight as they continue to search for missing 3-month-old Arieanna Day of Roanoke.’ Police to Conduct Checkpoint Tonight Regarding Arieanna Day | MIX 93.5

Caroline J. Cook on Twitter
From your link:
Based on information developed already, it is believed that Andrew Terry, who is charged with improper disposal of a body, was in th North Fork, Jennell, and Cedar Run Roads are on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
---
Reporter's typos, not mine. For once, lol.

LE is looking for anyone who saw Terry's car pull off on the side of those roads during that time. So it seems Terry is not cooperating even though LE previously said both mom and dad were cooperating. He probably stopped when he was arrested. Again, I don't see how that's a smart move on his part. And it also does sound like Arieanna's mother really doesn't know where he took her. IMO if they were in on it together she'd be singing like a bird by now since LE has evidence on her phone. So maybe she knew who took Arieanna but nothing more. I don't know, I wish we'd hear more.

Oh, sorry. I didnt even see that you had already posted this info.
The video in your link was short but interesting. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out LE's plan. Silence about Arieanna's mother yet the grandmother has been speaking to msm. No background info on Terry from LE or msm. And now a checkpoint to see if anyone saw Terry's car during the night Arieanna went missing and they're even stating a specific time - 9 to 11 pm.

The charge is clear - illegal disposal of a body so LE must have probable cause for it and an update in one of the articles now says:

In the search warrant for Terry's phone, it states that it was issued in relation to an abduction and kidnapping.

Yet Terry hasn't been charged with abduction or kidnapping. This is messing with my head. And this:

Police seized shirts, carpeting and swabs from a black Nissan Maxima they associate with Terry, the warrant says. They also took DNA samples and paperwork from the Hanover Avenue house, according to a second warrant.
Man charged with body disposal is missing infant's father, Roanoke search warrant says

I've been looking for a copy of the search warrant(s) but no luck so far.

So it seems they found evidence of a deceased body in the car which is how they can arrest him for illegal disposal of a body, but can’t prove yet he was the one to kidnap/harm her. MOO

My previous theory still lines up with this new info.

So the mom texted him and asked him if he took the baby?
I am not sure if we really know why she texted him and exactly what she texted him about. I suspect there is much more to come out. I do think we only have part of the texting information. I am wondering why we have not heard from Mom and where she is. My heart goes out to her at this point. My heart also breaks for his wife and children. They must be devastated as well. I am thinking the wife had an idea her husband was not spending all his time in Roanoke at church.

The video in your link was short but interesting. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out LE's plan. Silence about Arieanna's mother yet the grandmother has been speaking to msm. No background info on Terry from LE or msm. And now a checkpoint to see if anyone saw Terry's car during the night Arieanna went missing and they're even stating a specific time - 9 to 11 pm.

The charge is clear - illegal disposal of a body so LE must have probable cause for it and an update in one of the articles now says:

In the search warrant for Terry's phone, it states that it was issued in relation to an abduction and kidnapping.

Yet Terry hasn't been charged with abduction or kidnapping. This is messing with my head. And this:

Police seized shirts, carpeting and swabs from a black Nissan Maxima they associate with Terry, the warrant says. They also took DNA samples and paperwork from the Hanover Avenue house, according to a second warrant.
Man charged with body disposal is missing infant's father, Roanoke search warrant says

I've been looking for a copy of the search warrant(s) but no luck so far.
To get a copy of the search warrant, you would have to go to the 3rd floor of the Roanoke City Courthouse. I will not be in that area today or I would go myself. If you need more info PM me.

New post on WSLS.com

Authorities holding informational checkpoint to locate body of missing 3-month-old girl

And, I gotta say, this just gets stranger and stranger by the day. So, obviously, they KNOW she's dead. This is just heartbreaking. If they know all of this information, why won't they just release it?
I suspect there are not releasing all of the information they have because they are quietly building their case for future charges. They are not tipping their hand, nor should they. I feel good about how they are keeping their cards close to their chest. I think RC has way more evidence than we are aware of.....at least that is my hope and belief.

Perhaps the baby died and he was called to take her away. The missing report and leaving her body to decomposewas to cover for someone else.

Yes, My post at the beginning of this thread

"Sophia Bryant, the baby's grandmother, said five children were there and Arieanna was the only one taken. "We suspect who may have took the baby, but we really don’t know," said Bryan

Valencia E. Jones on Twitter 9/12

I wonder about the ages of the other children. Old enough to tell if they saw anything unusual?

From your link:
Based on information developed already, it is believed that Andrew Terry, who is charged with improper disposal of a body, was in th North Fork, Jennell, and Cedar Run Roads are on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, between the hours of 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.
---
Reporter's typos, not mine. For once, lol.

LE is looking for anyone who saw Terry's car pull off on the side of those roads during that time. So it seems Terry is not cooperating even though LE previously said both mom and dad were cooperating. He probably stopped when he was arrested. Again, I don't see how that's a smart move on his part. And it also does sound like Arieanna's mother really doesn't know where he took her. IMO if they were in on it together she'd be singing like a bird by now since LE has evidence on her phone. So maybe she knew who took Arieanna but nothing more. I don't know, I wish we'd hear more.

It gives me pause that they are asking about the hours between 9p and 11p. Mom says she last saw the baby at 10p and reported missing at 11p.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back