GUILTY VA - Ashanti Billie, 19, found deceased, Virginia Beach, 18 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there dogs that can track cadavers? I know they have dogs that find cadavers and dogs that track lice scent, but if someone carried Ashanti to the church, can they back track the scent? I hope this isn't a stupid question��

Yes, I've worked with them. They are trained to detect decomp, and can go to where there is bone, blood, and tissue, and locate where a person WAS even if the body is removed. However, to follow a trail, the dogs have different training. You have dogs known as trailing dogs and air-scenting dogs. Trailing dogs follow a scent that has fallen on the ground. These dogs can pick out a human, or in the case of a Cadaver dog that's trained as a trailing dog, a decomposing human's cent that was carried on a breeze, or "fallen" from a person carrying a body to its location. But this many days out, detecting it becomes much more difficult. Warm and dry conditions really have a negative impact on scent survival, making it more easily dispersed and destroyed. Direct sunlight quickly drys out and destroys vapors. Given that it looks as if she was moved across open grass behind the church, this many days out, I would find it highly unlikely one of the dogs could track her to where she was brought into the property from.

I think it's possible that she might have left so early in the morning in order to pick up someone on base. Of course, I would think her cell phone records would reflect that, if that's the case. I also pray that her roomies had the sense to have their apartment locks changed, assuming LE haven't located her keys or pocketbook.

I've been following this since she went missing. If I'm honest I did think something bad had happened. I'm quite shocked to see she's been found 300 miles away though because I had the feeling that whoever took Ashanti knew the areas where the phone and car where dumped. I wonder if the phone was dumped straight away of if when LE checks the ping data it gives anymore clues. Thanks for all the links guys they are a massive help. X

I do think the phone was dumped straight away, it was found the same day. The car was not found for 4 days. It's also possible the killer knew the areas anyways. So odd. How could this have happened on a base? T had to have, she was supposed to be at work so she wouldnt have turned around and left base....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you on that..I thought from the begaining that for a collage student to get to work that early was a big red flag!! You would think she would want to sleep untill the last minute with her busy schedule..I'm wondering when exactly did the roommates last see her? Was it leaving to work or the night before? It seems to me she was going to meet someone..

Room mates involved?

Room mates involved?

Did she have a boyfriend? Also, many times your bank is on base, could it be she went to withdraw money from an ATM instead of actually planning on going to work?

Yes, I've worked with them. They are trained to detect decomp, and can go to where there is bone, blood, and tissue, and locate where a person WAS even if the body is removed. However, to follow a trail, the dogs have different training. You have dogs known as trailing dogs and air-scenting dogs. Trailing dogs follow a scent that has fallen on the ground. These dogs can pick out a human, or in the case of a Cadaver dog that's trained as a trailing dog, a decomposing human's cent that was carried on a breeze, or "fallen" from a person carrying a body to its location. But this many days out, detecting it becomes much more difficult. Warm and dry conditions really have a negative impact on scent survival, making it more easily dispersed and destroyed. Direct sunlight quickly drys out and destroys vapors. Given that it looks as if she was moved across open grass behind the church, this many days out, I would find it highly unlikely one of the dogs could track her to where she was brought into the property from.
That was very informative.Thanks. excuse typos using tablet.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Did she have a boyfriend? Also, many times your bank is on base, could it be she went to withdraw money from an ATM instead of actually planning on going to work?

Her boyfriend was in boot camp in SC at the time.

Also, there's no banks on the Gate 1 side of the base. All of the banks are over by Gate 3 where she went in, and then exited due to the accident that had Amphibious blocked.

On the side she went is, is mostly the docks, ships, and barracks at that time of morning with the inbound traffic of folks starting to arrive before muster.

My guess is the person who threw cell phone in the dumpster was an older person. Many older people don't know how to turn cell phone ringers off.

I do think the phone was dumped straight away, it was found the same day. The car was not found for 4 days. It's also possible the killer knew the areas anyways. So odd. How could this have happened on a base? T had to have, she was supposed to be at work so she wouldnt have turned around and left base....

One of the people who live on the street the car was found on in Ocean View, said that he first noticed the car Monday morning at 4 AM when he left for work.. which would have been when she was supposedly leaving her apartment with her roommates there. He also stated that the car sat in the same spot (poorly parked) with the windows down halfway "through the week" until it was found Saturday and towed back to VB.

One of the people who live on the street the car was found on in Ocean View, said that he first noticed the car Monday morning at 4 AM when he left for work.. which would have been when she was supposedly leaving her apartment with her roommates there. He also stated that the car sat in the same spot (poorly parked) with the windows down halfway "through the week" until it was found Saturday and towed back to VB.

I questioned that after the FBI (per WAVY TV) stated she drove her car to Gate 3 and was turned around due to an accident on base.
http://wavy.com/2017/09/25/reward-doubles-to-20k-for-information-that-will-find-ashanti-billie/

But sure enough, the Virginian Pilot states that the witness saw the car on Monday at 4 AM.
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_69719538-8481-50f5-89dc-65a2d59f8553.html

I questioned that after the FBI (per WAVY TV) stated she drove her car to Gate 3 and was turned around due to an accident on base.
http://wavy.com/2017/09/25/reward-doubles-to-20k-for-information-that-will-find-ashanti-billie/

But sure enough, the Virginian Pilot states that the witness saw the car on Monday at 4 AM.
https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_69719538-8481-50f5-89dc-65a2d59f8553.html
The article may have been revised. It now says:

According to a Lakeside Drive resident, Billie’s 2014 cream-colored Mini Cooper had been sitting along a curb on the quiet cul-de-sac since early Monday morning – about the same time she disappeared.

<snipped> https://pilotonline.com/news/local/...cle_69719538-8481-50f5-89dc-65a2d59f8553.html

A specific time wasn't given, but it sounds like someone drove directly to the place where the car was abandoned after it was last seen leaving base. If they left in another car from there, wouldn't the dumpster where the cell phone was found be on the way to NC (heading West)?

I think someone had to have gotten in the car with Ashanti on base. Someone she knew or possibly someone feigning distress? Again, someone who was familiar with Ashanti and her Bf may have indicated there was an emergency involving her Bf. Her abductor would need to keep her calm at least until they were past the gate exiting the base. MOO

Wouldn't there be numerous cameras on a military/naval base? Surely they have captured more images of her car than just its going in and out of the main gates(#3 and #1)? One has to think the police have more info than they are sharing with the public. I hope.

Could it be a female who was jealous of Ashanti because of the BF? If he's just in basic training, that doesn't make much sense either.
Looks like the church is right off Beatties Ford Rd. which is a pretty rough area of Charlotte IIRC. I lived right at that edge of downtown- less than 4mi away straight down Beatties Ford- a number of years ago. I never ventured that direction for good reason.

I can't figure out how anyone could've done this without help. Could Ashanti have given someone a ride to the base that morning I wonder? It seems unlikely but that means whoever did this either drove there and left their vehicle or got a ride. Then they had to have access to a vehicle somewhere near the dump site for her car.
Does anyone know if you need to show military ID or something that says you work or have business on base to be allowed entrance? I don't know how that works but I would think whoever it was would at least be familiar with the base.
I was also thinking about the possibility a former Gf of Ashanti's Bf, or even an ex-Bf of Ashanti being involved. But, how did that person get on base in the first place, and then get to Charlotte? I think either 2 people are responsible for abducting Ashanti, or else one person got a ride to the base with a friend and lives in the Ocean View neighborhood, so got her into his car at that point. Also, how did he/she/they get Ashanti to cooperate?

Wouldn't there be numerous cameras on a military/naval base? Surely they have captured more images of her car than just its going in and out of the main gates(#3 and #1)? One has to think the police have more info than they are sharing with the public. I hope.

Even for crimes not committed on a military installation LE has frequently withheld that information, either temporarily or until an arrest is made. On a military base, there is probably the added factor of national security. Right off, I can't think of what is on that side of the base other than possibly an assault craft unit.farther down the road. I don't remember what commands or buildings are around the NEX. I believe that NEX is a mini-mart and doesn't have an ATM. But I could be wrong on that last part.

Several things about this just don't make sense to me...
1. Ashanti arriving at work 90 minutes before she usually arrives
2. The accident at the gate which forced her to turn around and enter a different gate
3. Ashanti's car seen leaving the base 30 minutes after she entered
4. The cell phone tossed into dumpster in Norfolk, car found abandoned on another side of town, body found 300 miles away.

Several things about this just don't make sense to me...
1. Ashanti arriving at work 90 minutes before she usually arrives
2. The accident at the gate which forced her to turn around and enter a different gate
3. Ashanti's car seen leaving the base 30 minutes after she entered
4. The cell phone tossed into dumpster in Norfolk, car found abandoned on another side of town, body found 300 miles away.

I'll add a few more if you don't mind.

5. Her car abandoned under a street light at
the end of a cul de sac, with the windows rolled halfway down. (Who ditches a car under a street light? )

6. A Lakeview Drive resident claiming her car was parked there at 4 am.
7. Conflicting accounts of how the construction worker found her phone.

There's no way it was there at 4am if they have the car on camera going through the gate. So either he's memory off or the day.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladjusik
Back