GUILTY VA - Aveion Lewis, 2, Roanoke, 14 January 2010 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think of you often Aveion. Everytime I see a little boy resembling you waiting by the gumball machine at the store or walking with his parents to the park, I think of you and how you deserved so much more. I'm so glad you knew love and safety with your foster family in the short time you were with them.

Sleep peacefully precious Aveion. You will never be forgotten.

This woman worked at a school. She was away from BL for hours during the day. There was every chance for her to tell someone if Aveion was being beaten or if she was being beaten. Schools are mandatory reporters, and many of them work closely with social workers and law enforcement, most even have an officer and a social worker on site.

Her defense is crap. This is not a case of some beaten and battered woman. When Aveion went missing she carried on with her life as if he never existed. (ahem.. green leafy substance in the home, going to work...) Aveion is dead because this woman was worried more about who she was going to sleep next to at night, did she give a second thought to Aveion laying deceased in the landfill? How about the fact that that precious baby boy now sleeps in a coffin and not his bed? I just have one question for her, Was it worth it? Was this "man" (and I use that term VERY loosely) worth your child's life?

I can't even begin to explain how much this woman disgusts me. I don't even think there's a word for it.

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I just got off TO, so I'm going to keep my comments to myself although I'm sure you all can guess what I'm thinking.

Emaciated, untreated burns, broken bones weeks old.

I think it's pretty damned clear who was abused.

I pray those two never see the light of day again.

You know, I would almost buy the abused woman/insanity BS IF all of the children in the home were abused. But they weren't. Aveion had already been taken away from her before. He was singled out for this.

Why, if BL was so abusive and controlling, why would she have worked to get Aveion back? She could have easily just let him go and thought that at least he was better off outside the home (It's apparent that he was... he thrived in foster care) away from the abuse. Wouldn't that be what an abused woman does? Get her children out even if she can't go with them? This woman had every opportunity (way more than 95% of the "abused" women out there) to help herself and her children. Yet she didn't. Why? Because she wasn't being abused. She's not insane either.

She is just another woman in a long list of many who put a man and a welfare check ahead of her own child's safety. And this BS won't stop until these women are held accountable for it. If you allow your child to be murdered by a significant other, you should face the same murder charge as the murderer. If you allow your child to be abused, you should face the same charges as the abuser. Maybe then these women will finally understand that having a B.O.B is better than burying your child for a flesh and blood boyfriend. Yes, it's hard being alone, but your child will still be alive! I'd rather be alone forever with a happy healthy kid, than alone in jail forever because my boyfriend/husband killed my kid.

Well, for the record, I don't think she is guilty because she simply allowed the abuse to happen (for whatever reason). She was a willing participant.

Well, for the record, I don't think she is guilty because she simply allowed the abuse to happen (for whatever reason). She was a willing participant.

I also think she was a willing participant, my previous posts were just pointing out that IF she was so abused then why wouldn't she have just let Aveion go when he was already out of the home?

Either way, she's guilty as sin.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/276544

Year later, cause of Aveion Lewis' death unclear
A defense attorney failed to block expert testimony, centered on neglect and abuse, in the coming trial.
By Laurence Hammack
981-3239
Aveion Lewis, the 2-year-old boy found dead last year in a landfill, clearly had been neglected and abused, Roanoke prosecutors say.

The cause of his death, however, is not so clear.

(more at link)
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/wdbj7-locketts-20110209,0,2674006.story

The trial of a Roanoke man accused of killing his young step-son has been continued, but Brandon Lockett was in court Wednesday afternoon.

It was last January, Lockett was charged in the death of two-year-old Aveion Lewis.

Looking considerably slimmer - he was on hand as the judge heard motions on his case including a change of venue request

(more at link)

http://www.roanoke.com/279489

'Truly and honestly, we're innocent': From Roanoke's jail, Brandon Lockett Sr. discusses the death of stepson Aveion Lewis

(Headline from today's newspaper. Story at link)

This guy infuriates me. If they are innocent of this crime against Aveion why did they go to the lengths they did to cover up his death? Why not just call the authorities when he died. I guess this idiot thinks we are all stoopid...

Mother's trial delayed in death of Aveion Lewis

The judge set a new trial date for Morgan Lockett so both sides can review evidence.

Morgan Lockett, the mother of slain Roanoke toddler Aveion Lewis, won't stand trial on a murder charge until October, a month after her husband is scheduled to be tried.

Roanoke Circuit Court Judge Clifford Weckstein agreed to delay the trial, which was scheduled to begin next week, after a closed-door session with prosecution and defense attorneys Wednesday.

The delay gives both sides time to go through an estimated 12,000 pages of evidence that investigators have accumulated about the death of Aveion, 2, whose emaciated body was found in a Roanoke County landfill in January 2010.

full article at link:

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/282550

New witness at Aveion Lewis crime scene, police warrant reveals

Public mention of an additional adult present on the day Aveion disappeared is a new angle in a case that has so far revolved around the neglect and abuse Aveion allegedly received from his stepfather, Brandon Lockett, 25, and mother, Morgan Lockett, 24.

Dorniki Turner has confirmed she was in the location of the crime on and or around the time of the incident," the warrant said.

Turner is not charged in the case.

Turner, known as "D," told police about "certain and specific places to search and what evidence to look for," the warrant said. She knew details of the case that were not public knowledge, the warrant said.

The warrant seeks to allow investigators to collect DNA samples from Turner.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/breaking/wb/285234

From Roanoke's jail, Brandon Lockett Sr. discusses the death of stepson Aveion Lewis

On Tuesday, during visiting hours at the Roanoke City Jail, Brandon Lockett said he didn't want to wait until his September trial to speak out.

"Truly and honestly we're innocent," Lockett said. "... That was our son. That wasn't someone we didn't care about."

In a half-hour conversation, Lockett seemed relaxed and sometimes indignant. He referred several times to a "serious" medical condition he said Aveion had but declined to answer questions about how the toddler died.

"Certain things I'm holding back," he said.

Since the Locketts have been in jail, their children have been cared for by a grandmother. But Brandon Lockett said he still worries about them.

"I feel I take care of my kids better than anybody," Lockett said.

Waiting for his trial, Lockett said he does not understand how he can be charged with murder when investigators don't know Aveion's cause of death. He wonders why people think he and Morgan would single out one of their children for harm. He has started writing a book about his experiences and has finished more than 60 pages, he said.

"I've been portrayed as a monster, as an individual who did this to his child," Lockett said. "... But there's two sides to this story."

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/279489

Hmmm two sides to every story - side one we have hundreds of people searching for a kidnapped baby. Side two - the baby was at the dump, wrapped in plastic the whole time. Either way I look at this, I see a monster!

121425.jpg

What is it with these perps and the mugshot smirk?

5466846.jpg

The search.

5466845.jpg

And found.

I agree LCoastMom. These people make me physically sick. IMHO he is either a sociopath or psychopath. I wish the trial would hurry up and take place...this waiting has gone on long enough and these people need to be removed from society.

I like...

"He wonders why people think he and Morgan would single out one of their children for harm."

People do it all the time... abuse one child and not the others... we've seen tons of cases of it. And obviously no one takes better care of his kids than him... That's why there were drugs found in the house and a child died on his watch after being severely abused right? Because that always happens when people take good care of their kids.

And as for your book...

Pages 1-10... how and why I killed my stepson
Pages 11-20... the BS story we gave to cops and how Morgan gave me the black eye
Pages 21-30... Green leafy substances and how to identify them!
Pages 31-40... Interrogators... just ask for a lawyer
Pages 41-50... My first night in jail... a true tail of a jailhouse romance with Bubba
Pages 51-60... How to try and sway a jury by claiming I don't know how Aveion died... he was already sick... Oh wait... I mean 2 BD broke into my crib, gave me a Jesus Blow, and ganked the baby...

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2011/may/04/police-test-more-dna-aveion-lewis-murder-case-ar-1016346/

Roanoke police are testing more DNA in relation to the Aveion Lewis murder case.

Court papers reveal police are testing a neighbor's DNA who might have been inside Morgan and Brandon Lockett's apartment during the time of the murder.

More of the story in above link

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2011/may/05/aveion-lewiss-blood-found-pillow-towel-bedroom-flo-ar-1019862/

DNA lab test results reveal a forensic analyst matched the boy's DNA to blood found on a pillow, a towel, a white T-shirt, and on a bedroom floor.

More of the story & video at link

Couple in Aveion Lewis murder case reunited in a Roanoke courtroom

The prosecution amends charges against the Locketts

snippet:

The prosecution says this won't affect the case, it just tweaks the language in the charges to cover all the bases.

short article at link:

http://articles.wdbj7.com/2011-06-08/aveion-lewis_29636550

You're not forgotten Aveion. Sleep peacefully.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/297011

Brandon Lockett denied new counsel in trial over Aveion Lewis' death
Brandon Lockett, charged in the death of his 2-year-old stepson, may still lose his lawyers.

Story at link

ETA: How do we get the heading changed from missing to found deceased? Thanks!

This sounds like a stall tactic on Brandons part. Sounds like he is not cooperating. (name I can't say on WS).

I sent the mods a request to update the thread titles. Thanks for pointing it out MB'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid
Back