Still Missing VA - Bellamy Gamboa, 39, mother of 2, Virginia Beach, 1 Jul 2018 *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't access this article - can someone give a 10% synopsis on this & also if there is a court date in it?

Authorities don't have body in the killing of Bellamy Gamboa, but the case will still be prosecuted

TIA! :)

Not much new. It mostly discusses whether a "no body" case can be won. I think these might be some relevant bits you are looking for Niner (BBM):
Johnson, a trade analyst for a Norfolk container transportation and shipping company where Gamboa once worked, was arrested a month later and charged with second-degree murder. Although the couple had broken up, they still shared a townhouse in Virginia Beach with their 1½-year-old twins and two teenage children Gamboa had from a previous relationship.
Court documents indicate that Johnson confessed to pushing her down a flight of stairs and strangling her. Evidence found on his cellphone and work computer showed that both had been used to search dumpster locations and garbage routes, another court filing said.
Police spent more than $50,000 trying to find Gamboa's body in a Hampton landfill but called off the search in early August, saying they'd exhausted all resources. No trial date has been set for Johnson, whose next court appearance won't be until December.

Despite the many challenges that no-body cases present for prosecutors, they're very winnable, DiBiase said.

The article goes on to discuss other no body cases that have been won. This is the first no body case tried in Virginia Beach according to the article.

Anyone have access to Virginia Court site? I have him in Virginia Beach County. I can get into the jail roster, but unfortunately they don't show next court date...

Just an update. There was supposed to be a hearing in December as per article above.

from jail site:

Hearing Information
There is no hearing information for this inmate.

link: http://inmateinfo.vbso.net:8083/IML

and I can't find him either the Virginia Beach General District or the Circuit courts. Only in the jail site. Am I doing something wrong??

If he has a case - he "should" be in "some" county court site, right?
I guess I'll go back & see if I can find which court he first appeared in.

Well struck out on that - none of the articles (that I could access) have "which" court he appeared in....
Maybe I should email People - ask they kept saying in their article "from court documents". I want to know "where" they found them!! LOL!

If anyone has better luck than me - please share!

christmas-thank-you-clipart-1.jpg

Bumping up!
Anyone?? Any updates? Court access?

I'll try again - bumping up for ANY info anyone might have! :)

Custody battles and pushed hearing dates further delay the case of Bellamy Gamboa | Southside Daily

VIRGINIA BEACH — The case of Bellamy Malaki Gamboa, a local woman allegedly killed by her ex-boyfriend, is still making its way through the court system where it is being met by a few hold-ups.
[.....]
Johnson was set to appear for a preliminary hearing on Dec. 20, 2018 but because of “a defense motion to continue for more time to prepare for preliminary hearing,” the hearing was moved to April 4, according to court documents.

Governor Ralph Northam recently proclaimed July 16th, 2019 as "Bellamy Gamboa Day".

Bellamy Gamboa's sister offers support to Cynthia Carver's family after Governor Proclaims

It's been nearly a week since Cynthia Carver went missing in Southampton County and so far, there have been no signs of her anywhere as investigators continue looking for her. Charisse Gamboa, the sister of Bellamy Gamboa, said she wants Carver's family to stay strong.

Cynthia's thread here on WS: ACTIVE SEARCH - VA - Cynthia Carver, 35, blood found at her home, Newsoms, Southampton County, 21 Feb 2019

Thursday, April 4th:
*Preliminary Hearing (@ ET) - VA – Bellamy Malaki Gamboa (39) (last seen July 1, 2018, Virginia Beach; reported missing July 2, 2018, car found 7/4/18; she has not been found) – *Lamont Johnson (41) (ex-bf) arrested & charged (7/29/18) & arraigned (7/30/18) with 2nd degree murder & 4 counts of contribute to delinquent/abuse of child. No plea entered. No bond.
10/7/18 Update: Court documents indicate that Johnson confessed (on 7/29/18) to pushing her down a flight of stairs, strangling her & putting her in a plastic bag & dumping her in Chesapeake. Evidence found on his cell phone & work computer showed that both had been used to search dumpster locations & garbage routes. Police spent more than $50K trying to find Gamboa's body in a Hampton landfill but called off the search in Aug. 3, 2018, saying they'd exhausted all resources. No trial date has been set for Johnson, whose next court appearance won't be until December.
1/15/19 Update: Preliminary from 12/20/18 moved to 4/4/19.

Monday, April 15th:
*Grand Jury Hearing (@ ET) - VA – Bellamy Malaki Gamboa (39) (last seen July 1, 2018, Virginia Beach; reported missing July 2, 2018, car found 7/4/18; she has not been found) – *Lamont Johnson (41) (ex-bf) arrested & charged (7/29/18) & arraigned (7/30/18) with 2nd degree murder & 4 counts of contribute to delinquent/abuse of child. No plea entered. No bond. Virginia Beach County
10/7/18 Update: Court documents indicate that Johnson confessed (on 7/29/18) to pushing her down a flight of stairs, strangling her & putting her in a plastic bag & dumping her in Chesapeake. Evidence found on his cell phone & work computer showed that both had been used to search dumpster locations & garbage routes. Police spent more than $50K trying to find Gamboa's body in a Hampton landfill but called off the search in Aug. 3, 2018, saying they'd exhausted all resources. No trial date has been set for Johnson, whose next court appearance won't be until December.
1/15/19 Update: Preliminary from 12/20/18 moved to 4/4/19.
4/4/19 Update: Case certified to a Grand Jury that is scheduled on 4/15. Trial date is tentatively scheduled to start 6/26.

Published: 1:59 PM EDT April 15, 2019
Updated: 1:59 PM EDT April 15, 2019

“VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. — A grand jury returned indictments against the man accused of killing a Virginia Beach woman last year.

Lamont Johnson was indicted on one count of second-degree murder, and four counts of contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

[SBM]

The other charges against Johnson -- four counts of contributing to delinquency abuse of a child -- involved the twins he shared with Gamboa. Investigators said Johnson admitted to killing Gamboa when questioned about the charges regarding their twins.“
Grand jury indicts man suspected of killing Bellamy Gamboa

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmandaRDH
Back