Found Deceased VA - Chad Austin, 30, Buena Vista, Amhurst County, 27 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sad news today...

Remains found in Panther Falls area identified as missing man

Remains found in March in the Panther Falls area are confirmed to be those of a man reported missing last year, according to state police.

In addition to the skeletal remains, forensic investigators found property and evidence that is being tested at the Virginia Department of Forensic Science.

So Sad! I was so hoping he was on a beach in California starting a new life. I hope they arrest whoever is responsible very soon.

Sad news today...

Remains found in March in the Panther Falls area are confirmed to be those of a man reported missing last year, according to state police.

In addition to the skeletal remains, forensic investigators found property and evidence that is being tested at the Virginia Department of Forensic Science.

Rest peacefully, Chad Hunter Austin.

g40013.gif

Lots of odd elements here

Recent change of malicious wounding
Buying half a gallon of gas with change
Leaving dog in car
Parents declining to file missing person report
Spotted acting erratically
Unweathered wallet found months later

Most of this to me points to a mental issue that lead to death by exposure except for the wallet. Maybe someone kept his wallet all this time for some reason. Pretty curious about the medical examiners report on this one

Leaving dog in car

Most of this to me points to a mental issue that lead to death by exposure except for the wallet. Maybe someone kept his wallet all this time for some reason. Pretty curious about the medical examiners report on this one
Me too, particularly the wallet. Who had it and who dropped it there to be found?

Me too, particularly the wallet. Who had it and who dropped it there to be found?
That's why I'm curious about even just how long it's been estimated he was dead. Could he have been living in the rough all this time and only recently completely lost it? That seems pretty unlikely. Did he meet up with someone to settle scores and that person felt enough time had gone by to drop a clue to his ultimate fate? Definitely more clues to come from the details on the body.

That's why I'm curious about even just how long it's been estimated he was dead. Could he have been living in the rough all this time and only recently completely lost it? That seems pretty unlikely. Did he meet up with someone to settle scores and that person felt enough time had gone by to drop a clue to his ultimate fate? Definitely more clues to come from the details on the body.
That is what I am curious about...estimated time he was deceased before the discovery of his body. I guess my curiosity stems from the discovery of his wallet well after his initial missing date.

That is what I am curious about...estimated time he was deceased before the discovery of his body. I guess my curiosity stems from the discovery of his wallet well after his initial missing date.
This article mentions skeletal remains so, if true, he must have died soon after he disappeared which makes the appearance of the wallet on the trail even more intriguing.

Chad Austin Disappearance: Remains Found in Virginia Park's Panther Falls Are Missing Man Who Vanished in 2019

In addition to the skeletal remains which were uncovered in March, forensic investigators found property and evidence that is being tested at the Virginia Department of Forensic Science.

"From the outset, the investigators assigned to this case recognized the distinct possibility that Chad would not be found alive,” Virginia State Police Special Agent K.A. Zirkle said in a statement.

"That means that while we have been diligently searching for Chad with the hopes of finding him safe and well, investigators with the Buena Vista Police Department and state police have been collecting and documenting evidence and information that would explain how he died, and who could be responsible for Chad's death," Zirkle continued.
“The Austin family has been relentless in their search for Chad. The Austins are longtime members of this community and they deserve our respect. Most of all, they deserve answers.”

The parents DIDN'T file a missing person report???? WHY?

Leaving dog in car

Something about this still bothers me....as an avid dog owner....even suicidal - I would think he would let the dog run free before locking it in the car for a slow death (in the event his car wasn't found timely)

Rest in Peace

Something about this still bothers me....as an avid dog owner....even suicidal - I would think he would let the dog run free before locking it in the car for a slow death (in the event his car wasn't found timely)

Rest in Peace

This troubles me too. It sounds like Chad really truly loved animals. Any animal lover and dog owner knows you cannot leave a dog locked in a car like that. It makes me think he met someone up there and never intended to leave the car or only leave it for a short time.

Hopefully there will be arrests made soon. Seems like they have information to work with. I think of this case often and hope the people responsible will be exposed soon. I haven't heard anything new...anyone else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back