Found Deceased VA - Chad Austin, 30, Buena Vista, Amhurst County, 27 May 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Why risk leaving the wallet now? I mean whoever had it had plenty of time to get rid of it by now. Paranoia of getting caught with it setting in? Guilt? That's a huge risk to actually go and add evidence Unless someone knows something but are too terrified to go to the police.

Maybe someone is trying to make it look like Chad is alive and hiding out in the woods around that area? If the wallet was planted (and I believe it was) that strongly leads me to believe his vehicle with his dog in it was also "planted" in the location it was found so that everyone would think he walked into the woods on his own and either got lost or purposely disappeared. I think we need to look at where Chad was verified to have been seen prior to his vehicle being found.

MOO.

I don't understand the reasoning behind putting his wallet in that spot where it was so likely to be found. No leads have arisen in all these months and the case has gone cold. Why do this if you don't want to be caught? Now everyone is talking about him again and being more aware. It makes no sense to me whether he did it or the person responsible did it.

Maybe someone is trying to make it look like Chad is alive and hiding out in the woods around that area? If the wallet was planted (and I believe it was) that strongly leads me to believe his vehicle with his dog in it was also "planted" in the location it was found so that everyone would think he walked into the woods on his own and either got lost or purposely disappeared. I think we need to look at where Chad was verified to have been seen prior to his vehicle being found.

Interesting theory, although they did say he was last seen by campers in the area and he was acting "impaired". There have been no public comments from the campers or in what way was he impaired. Who are these people? In what way was he impaired?

Interesting theory, although they did say he was last seen by campers in the area and he was acting "impaired". There have been no public comments from the campers or in what way was he impaired. Who are these people? In what way was he impaired?

Last edited:
I don't understand the reasoning behind putting his wallet in that spot where it was so likely to be found.

I agree, unless there was something of value in the wallet. Suppose there was, say $200 in the wallet. You found it quite aways away. So you took the money out and then discarded it, in an obvious location. Thus you help the case and get to keep the money. (I know we think he had no money, but who really knows).

Or on the other had perhaps it was someone who had no idea about the missing man and then found it in another area, and held on to and then saw the missing poster and just tossed it, choosing not to get involved personally.

Some people don't like cops, or have things to hide, or simply want to help but don't really want to get involved.

Chad Hunter Austin

ct66DEMv4DPCgvJj8o63p8QqfHAVhHaFyepjEpkBgjBuZMCWU7CXWMzvq6iE93jBVGhl7chdE87B79rDIYIo_XywSp9xKLPsf-_TcNc5hPgbmpWGymk9UO-nyL3Gou2siQ

Age at time of disappearance: 30

Sex: Male

Race: White

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 150 lbs

Missing From: Buena Vista, Virginia

Missing Since: 05/27/2019

Details: Chad has a tattoo on his back of tribal art with a black diamond in the middle.

The news did a new interview with Chads parents (link below). I wonder so much about who put the wallet there & why, did they dust it for prints? They either are very tight lipped on this or they aren't doing what they should. Who were these two campers that saw him & why did they say he was impaired. Then there is the dog. So frustrating!!
Open Case Virginia: Buena Vista couple anxious for answers, nine months after son's disappearance
Have there been any comments about what "impaired" meant? Was he staggering or limping or acting confused? Did they try to talk to him and he didn't respond? Was his dog with him when they saw him? I wonder why LE isn't releasing more of this kind of information.

Have there been any comments about what "impaired" meant? Was he staggering or limping or acting confused? Did they try to talk to him and he didn't respond? Was his dog with him when they saw him? I wonder why LE isn't releasing more of this kind of information.
I haven't heard anything, but a post will follow on something new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back