VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the timeline isn't very stable. : )

I believe Melanie's father was there at the house for 7 hours on Wednesday, the day she was to return to WV.

I think all the timelines have the police initially visiting the house, at the request of Melanie's mother, at midnight Thursday, after the pastor was already there (presumably).

The timelines keep shifting here and there, e.g.,
what time did Melanie's mother actually speak with the father on Thursday, around 2:30 pm or 5 pm? I've read reports of both. Maybe there were 2 separate calls at those times.

Also, I think some of the initial reports had the police visiting the house at the request of Melanie's mother prior to the pastor arriving at the house, i.e., the police were there the night before and the pastor showed up the next day after Melanie's mother told him (the pastor) that she had tried to call and even had the police visit and Sam had deflected them both? I guess those reports were inaccurate.

ITA. Virginia was not the state to commit such a horrific quadruple homicide.

Most definitely, especially since it's a commonwealth state.

It wasnt Sicktanick that Sam made the phone call to... it was Syniister the owner of Wicked Intent (well ex owner, he quit the horrorcore business bc he is so distraught over this whole thing) Ill show u a post that he wrote that is now deleted on www.horrorcore.com
WOw i just realized imma have to bleep alot of this out

http://forums.horrorcore.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=159710

piXy (9/20/2009 1:01:56 AM): Damnnnnnnnn Syniister posted and ripped them all a new one
piXy (9/20/2009 1:02:13 AM): For everyone calling SickTanicK a snitch, you. If you motherf**kers want the truth, I AM THE PERSON SAM CALLED. I do not condone Sam's actions one bit, I am pissed as at him for what he did, he is in no sense RIGHT in what he did but... You motherfu**ers have not even the SLIGHEST IDEA what that kid was going through or what was said on the phone, so you and your "ideas" on whats happening. All you c***suckers saying sam was your close friend eat a d**k, none of you *****es talked to Sam DAILY like I did, none of you **** talkers REALLY understood his feelings and what he was going thru, so dont even TRY to claim you did. This has nothing to do with snitching, it has everything to do with DOING THE RIGHT THING

"Worried, her mother called Mark Niederbrock on Thursday about 2 p.m. and also called Farmville police. A town officer went to the Kelley home at her request just before midnight, and McCroskey answered the door calmly and said Wells was at the movies."

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/FARM27_20090926-221606/295789/

This report says a cop showed up just before midnight. I really have to wonder why it took LE nine to ten hours to show up at the Kelley home. That just doesn't seem right. And then the movie excuse is so lame. Very suspicious. I don't know, so many of the "facts" don't add up. I wonder if it's more than trying to preserve the integrity of the evidence.

I'm sorry but I really think LE dropped the ball here.

If Emma's father would have gone to police instead of investigating himself I have no doubt he would be alive and Sam would most likely had been arrested then. Being the father and ex-husband of the houses occupants LE would have listened to what he said. If they all entered the house and Sam came out to give an excuse for why nobody was there the father would have likely saw through it because of the cars and because of Mel's mother telling him he had been making excuses for Mel's whereabouts. They would have not left without hearing from the victims and likely would have searched the house finding the bodies.

The father instead investigating himself may be a sign as how much of a nice normal guy Sam seemed like to him. I dont think he thought he could be a killer or he likely would not have went in alone.

I'm going by the timeline on page 1 of this thread. The pastor went to the house on Thursday, Sept. 17. This was the same day that Mel's father waited around for 7 hours, yet he still missed the pastor. I've been under the impression that the pastor went there later in the day, after Mel's mother called him. I can't imagine Sam telling the cops in a rural area that Mel is out at the movies at 12 midnight on a Thursday night, Friday morning. That's not a very plausible lie.

No, Wells went on 16 September, the day before the pastor went:

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/local/crime/article/FARM30_20090929-222402/296385/

piXy (9/20/2009 1:01:56 AM): Damnnnnnnnn Syniister posted and ripped them all a new one
piXy (9/20/2009 1:02:13 AM): For everyone calling SickTanicK a snitch, you. If you motherf**kers want the truth, I AM THE PERSON SAM CALLED. I do not condone Sam's actions one bit, I am pissed as at him for what he did, he is in no sense RIGHT in what he did but... You motherfu**ers have not even the SLIGHEST IDEA what that kid was going through or what was said on the phone, so you and your "ideas" on whats happening. All you c***suckers saying sam was your close friend eat a d**k, none of you *****es talked to Sam DAILY like I did, none of you **** talkers REALLY understood his feelings and what he was going thru, so dont even TRY to claim you did. This has nothing to do with snitching, it has everything to do with DOING THE RIGHT THING

Damn, I am just a little curious to find out just how much this dude knows... Hopefully he has had the balls to talk to LE.

You motherfu**ers have not even the SLIGHEST IDEA what that kid was going through or what was said on the phone,............... none of you *****es talked to Sam DAILY like I did, none of you **** talkers REALLY understood his feelings and what he was going thru, [/URL]

I wonder what he meant? What was Sam going through? Fear of getting caught? Fear of facing the death penalty for what he did?

Pixy, you have already brought alot to this discussion...

I think he's talking about stuff Sam has been going through and talking to him about before the murders. That Sam was all f'd up about something anyway, and he was the one who would listen to him.

I have to say, I think the other people involved in this horrorcore, like piXy and Siinister, are just as stunned as outsiders by the reality of what has happened.

I mean, we can say, hey, how could you not know? But I dress my 10yo son in shirts with skulls all over them. It's interesting and macabre, but.... These kids must be reeling from these deaths.

Where Sam went is beyond the beyond, for most of us in this world.

First off thank you Pixy for bringing so much insight to this thread.
I have been following this thread since the beginning and you have cleared up quite a few things for me and others I am sure.

"he is in no sense RIGHT in what he did but... You motherfu**ers have not
even the SLIGHEST IDEA what that kid was going through or what was said on the phone"

I feel he is saying he doesn't agree with what happened BUT,in Sam's defense, Sam was freaking out on the phone and no one but he knows how Sam felt about what had happened.

Can you update the timeline on page 1? I'm not sure how long the board allows the edit function but it would be great if we could get the newer information into the timeline. I'm having a heck of a time keeping track of the changing sequence of events.

It would be nice to know exactly when Mel's dad was at the house because I think it's safe to assume the women were all dead by the time he arrived. Sam must have killed them late Tuesday or in the early morning hours on Wednesday. It's really too bad that Mel's dad didn't call the police while he was in Farmville.

I'm guessing the only reason Sam opened the door for the cops is because he didn't want them getting suspicious. It sounds like he was making the effort to conceal the murders for as long as possible. I hope that has a negative impact on any insanity plea his lawyer may be considering.

Can you update the timeline on page 1? I'm not sure how long the board allows the edit function but it would be great if we could get the newer information into the timeline. I'm having a heck of a time keeping track of the changing sequence of events.

It would be nice to know exactly when Mel's dad was at the house because I think it's safe to assume the women were all dead by the time he arrived. Sam must have killed them late Tuesday or in the early morning hours on Wednesday. It's really too bad that Mel's dad didn't call the police while he was in Farmville.

I'm guessing the only reason Sam opened the door for the cops is because he didn't want them getting suspicious. It sounds like he was making the effort to conceal the murders for as long as possible. I hope that has a negative impact on any insanity plea his lawyer may be considering.

Unfortunately, I can not update it. The edit function no longer works, it only works about 3 days. So, I created a new one that is on the top of page 11. I also can no longer edit that one. That is more or less up to date, but there might be some new information by now to add.

If you want to see the timeline on page 11, click here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89204&page=11

Can you update the timeline on page 1? QUOTE]

Here is the timeline: (source)

Monday, Sept. 6: Richard Samuel Alden McCroskey III, 20, of Castro Valley, Calif., leaves on a flight to Richmond International Airport. He's picked up by girlfriend Emma Niederbrock, 16, of Farmville, whom he met online through their common interest in horrorcore music, and her mother, Longwood University professor Debra S. Kelley.

Thursday, Sept. 10: Kelley and her estranged husband, Mark Niederbrock, leave town with McCroskey, Emma Niederbrock and her friend, Melanie Wells, 18, of Inwood, W.Va. The parents take them to Southgate, Mich., for the Strictly for the Wicked Festival, an all-day horrorcore show Sept. 12.

Sunday, Sept. 13: The group returns to Farmville. Wells posts on MySpace that she's back in Virginia after the festival and that she plans to return to West Virginia on Sept. 16.

Thursday, Sept. 17, afternoon: Wells' mother calls Mark Niederbrock about 2 or 2:30 p.m. to say she's concerned about her daughter and can't reach her. Niederbrock tells his own mother he's going to check on them at Kelley's house.

Sept. 17, 11:58 p.m.: A Farmville police officer goes to the Kelley home to check on Wells after her mother can't reach her. McCroskey answers the door and tells the officer that Wells is at the movies.

Friday, Sept. 18, 12:58 a.m.: McCroskey calls police to say he hears something in the basement and wants someone to check it. Two officers arrive, and he lets them into the basement. They find the basement is covered with animal feces; they leave without suspicion.

Sept. 18, 4:20 a.m.: A Prince Edward County sheriff's deputy tickets McCroskey for driving without a license after he gets a car stuck in a ditch. Authorities later learn the car belonged to Mark Niederbrock. A tow-truck driver takes McCroskey to a nearby Sheetz convenience store.

Sept. 18, 6 a.m.: McCroskey is seen at the Huddle House restaurant in Farmville, where he eats breakfast. A server asks McCroskey why he looks so tired, and he says he's been awake for days.

Sept. 18, 8:20 a.m.: McCroskey is picked up by Curtis Gibson of Access Taxi in Charlottesville for a ride to the Richmond airport. During the roughly hourlong trip, they talk about Emma Niederbrock, horrorcore music, and the festival in Michigan. Gibson gets pulled over for speeding, and McCroskey smokes a cigarette during the brief stop. Gibson later recalls that McCroskey seemed normal, except for an unexplained odor.

Sept. 18, 1 p.m.: McCroskey is seen at the airport. He has a plane ticket to fly to California two days later and tries to get an earlier flight, but he doesn't have enough money to cover the $150 rebooking fee.

Sept. 18, 3:10 p.m.: Farmville police return to the Kelley home after Wells' mother calls again and says still hasn't heard from her daughter. An officer smells what he believes is a decomposing body at the house, and police enter about 4 p.m. and find three bodies. They obtain a search warrant to re-enter, and they find the fourth body. The dead were Kelley, Wells, Emma Niederbrock and Mark Niederbrock.

Sept. 18, evening: Farmville police identify McCroskey as their suspect.

Saturday, Sept. 19, 11:25 a.m.: McCroskey is found sleeping at a baggage-claim area at the Richmond airport and is arrested without incident.\

Monday, Sept. 21, morning: McCroskey appears by videocast in Prince Edward General District Court. He is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Mark Niederbrock, robbery of money from Niederbrock's wallet, and grand larceny of Niederbrock's car. In California, authorities raid the home McCroskey shares with his sister and father.

Thursday, Sept. 24: Memorial service is held for Mark Niederbrock in Hixburg.

Friday, Sept. 25: Memorial service for Wells in Inwood, W.Va.

Saturday, Oct. 3: Memorial service planned for Kelley and Emma Niederbrock in Farmville.

Mels dad was at the house on Wednesday the 16th, the day before Emmas father visited the house and was killed. I think the female victims were probably killed on Tuesday the 15th the day before Mels dad showed up. I think the last time any of the girls were heard from was a myspace message from one of them very early that day, the 15th.

Heroine - what do you mean by this?

I just mean that the laws are sometimes different and much stricter in some situations in these states, I'm from Va so I know. For instance here, the seat-belt thing is strictly enforced....I'm sure it is in a lot off places, but here I guess they don't have much else to do so if you break a law, you pay......Even the petty laws are taken very seriously. I'm not sure about murder though, but I'm pretty sure it's a VERY punishable thing here....haha
Edited to say I just thought of mentioning this, but it used to be in VA if you were with the same person for more than 7 years you were considered married by law and if you break up you get half of what each other owns, like a real marriage. I'm not sure if that law still stands now, but you get my point. The laws can be very different.

Well I'd like to think that the time is about 4 hours off. I say that because one post that Emma made she said it was 6:17 am and the time stamp on MS said 10:14am. I live about 40 minutes away from where Emma lived so you would think our times would be the same, so it has to be a myspace error.

heres the post i mean....
Sep 7 2009 10:14 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwe baby<33
the next time you check your myspace, YOULL BE AT MY HOUSE!
mwahahah >:D<333333
i cant waiiiit to see you baby
its like 6:17AM, and ive been up since 4ish filled with uber amounts of excitment >.<
i cant wait :D
i leave to pick you up in f i v e hourse<3
gahh
U#@($QPERWODFSJO!!!!!!!!
my insides feel all squishy&#9829;
i love you sooo SO much baby; forever and for always :]]
MWAHHHx10<3

Edited to say i just noticed its pm instead of am on the myspace timestamp, so it's about 16 hours off?....could that be right? Wow, I wonder if all the times are that far off?

I think it's how you set up your time zone.....

I think he's talking about stuff Sam has been going through and talking to him about before the murders. That Sam was all f'd up about something anyway, and he was the one who would listen to him.

I have to say, I think the other people involved in this horrorcore, like piXy and Siinister, are just as stunned as outsiders by the reality of what has happened.

I mean, we can say, hey, how could you not know? But I dress my 10yo son in shirts with skulls all over them. It's interesting and macabre, but.... These kids must be reeling from these deaths.

Where Sam went is beyond the beyond, for most of us in this world.

I totally agree with you on this. I've seen a couple of youtube pages of people involved in horrorcore who are now being attacked by outsiders regarding the murders. It's unfair and saddens me the way they are being treated, as if they don't have a heart and arent suffering.

Found a cached version of Emma's photos from June 2009. Some interesting stuff:

* She calls Raz and Sicktanik her "True Family"
* She has a photo of herself with a comment "Billy Owns <3". Who is Billy?
* There is a photo of her, Melanie and her Boy Kuriuz
* There is a photo of her and a comment "There used to be days when I would give my life for yours"...what does that mean?

Interesting that she changed her Myspace setting to private. I wonder when she did that?

The link to the cache is below. But it will stop working soon, so I am attaching 3 screen grabs.

http://209.85.129.132/search?hl=en&....viewPicture&friendID=188621589&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

is it just me or does that not look like the same person? aside from the red hair, those pics look different to me ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth