VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor lit Sam....Wonder how poor little Mel's mom, dad, brother and family feel? Their faces were destroyed with a maul...Maybe he should have to look at pictures of what he did. What about Rev. N, Dr. Kelly or Em's family? We are worried about Sam? OMG, give me a break.

Well I agree with what youre saying. I am certainly not losing any sleep worrying about Sam but I also dont see the harm in writing him a letter with a positive message to try and reach out to him and encourage him to use his time to help himself and help others. I know the majority of people on websleuths are very pro victim and I can understand that but I really dont understand the lack of compassion for people who make mistakes, certainly I realize this is more than just the average mistake that you or I would make but nonetheless Sam is human like all of us are and we all make mistakes big and small. If you dont want to write to him that is great but I think writing hate mail to him doesnt do any good as I stated earlier and wont repeat again. Sam needs to be shown that the world isnt as he was led to believe it is by people like Shrim.

Poor lit Sam....Wonder how poor little Mel's mom, dad, brother and family feel? Their faces were destroyed with a maul...Maybe he should have to look at pictures of what he did. What about Rev. N, Dr. Kelly or Em's family? We are worried about Sam? OMG, give me a break.

Yeah, I'm glad u said that. I was starting to question my own sanity in regards towards the lack of sympathy I have towards Sam.

Well I agree with what youre saying. I am certainly not losing any sleep worrying about Sam but I also dont see the harm in writing him a letter with a positive message to try and reach out to him and encourage him to use his time to help himself and help others. I know the majority of people on websleuths are very pro victim and I can understand that but I really dont understand the lack of compassion for people who make mistakes, certainly I realize this is more than just the average mistake that you or I would make but nonetheless Sam is human like all of us are and we all make mistakes big and small. If you dont want to write to him that is great but I think writing hate mail to him doesnt do any good as I stated earlier and wont repeat again. Sam needs to be shown that the world isnt as he was led to believe it is by people like Shrim.
You will defend ppl like Sam.....I am glad they have you! This is personal, nothing against you. Let me explain.
I would not write him a hate or love letter. You defend ppl like him but I lived beside a kid with the help of her stepsister, that blasted many holes thru the heads of their parents......Parents that tried to teach them right from wrong. Good people. This kid babysit my little gurls. Her mother was family, she was family! I did not write her or go see her while in prison, but I did visit her grave after she killed herself. You know what I found there? A picture drawn by her little girl with an Easter bunny on it. She got out of jail after killing her mom and had a kid. She could not live with what she did and killed herself. She had a kid!!! She left the kid motherless. Justice? She was release from prison because they did not inform her natural father of her crime, she had been adopted by her stepfather.
Sorry to say but I do not believe you can help everyone. Some ppl can not be helped. Just like I believe some ppl never grow up.

You will defend ppl like Sam.....I am glad they have you! This is personal, nothing against you. Let me explain.
I would not write him a hate or love letter. You defend ppl like him but I lived beside a kid with the help of her stepsister, that blasted many holes thru the heads of their parents......Parents that tried to teach them right from wrong. Good people. This kid babysit my little gurls. Her mother was family, she was family! I did not write her or go see her while in prison, but I did visit her grave after she killed herself. You know what I found there? A picture drawn by her little girl with an Easter bunny on it. She got out of jail after killing her mom and had a kid. She could not live with what she did and killed herself. She had a kid!!! She left the kid motherless. Justice? She was release from prison because they did not inform her natural father of her crime, she had been adopted by her stepfather.
Sorry to say but I do not believe you can help everyone. Some ppl can not be helped. Just like I believe some ppl never grow up.

Yes I know it is more personal and close to home for you and that does make a big difference. I just believe very strongly in zealous advocacy for those accused of crimes, we cannot just allow the state to accuse people of things without rigorously challenging and forcing them to prove it and if they cannot then the person should walk regardless as to whether they did it or not. This isnt about me defending criminals it is about protecting all of us from government and the state, both of which I have very little respect for.

But again I absolutely know where you are coming from, my own neice was murdered in cold blood and it took me a while but I was finally able to face her killer and forgive him and had a hand in helping him get an education and become an advocate in prison to help others get off the destructive path he was on.

As far as who can and cannot be helped, I am not sure we can make that determination because our prison systems are not set up for actual rehabilitation and often people who are in prison come out more of a hardened criminal than when they went in, thats the facts.

Here is all I have to say on this subject....
"do unto others has you would have done unto you"
Think about it! To think any other way is just like doing what Sam did.
You don't have to be religious to know that this is the right way.

Think about it! To think think any other way is just like doing what Sam did.

Very well said.

I can see how many of you have no sympathy for Sam and I do not blame you at all. What he did is absolutely horrible. I was questioning whether or not to write him because of my personal beliefs on taking another humans life (which is why I am completely against the death penalty) BUT I am also a firm believer that we have no right to judge another person in any way. The only person that knows what was going on in his head at that time is him. We weren't there, we don't know exactly what happened. Whatever caused him to take those lives is inexcusable, but until I find reason to do otherwise, I will not judge him for his actions. If I can make a positive impact on someone, or help someone out in any way, I will take that opportunity, and I think without a doubt he needs help right now not judgment. That is just my personal opinion and how I feel about this. I don't expect any of you to understand because I don't fully understand how my brain works some times either. If I feel something is right then it is right by me. I have had alot of people tell me (including family members and friends) i'm crazy, i'm a wacko and just plain sick for feeling any kind of sympathy for him, but I do and I cannot change that.

Also Paximus, I'm not upset in any way that you posted that message here, I'm glad you did! If I find out anything informative I will let you guys know but me and Sam don't talk about the case or anything that he is accused of, just normal stuff like music and daily life and whatnot.

I just stumbled across this site and have read a lot of what you guys have been talking about so I thought I would join. This News Report here DOES have some 'misinformation' in it (Which makes me question anything their 'source' informed them about.) It's not that big of a deal but still, it irks me when people don't get their facts straight. The part where it says "... And has no interaction with other inmates." From what Sam himself has said to me, "I'm in a long hallway with 8 cells in the room. Everybody in this room is very friendly, it's like a family. We look out for each other...", it's a complete different story. I'm guessing whoever this source was, was just talking out of their *advertiser censored** and wanted to feel important and informative.

On a side note: I see you guys got my message about writing Sam hehe.
I was gonna post the same message on here but I got beat to it. You guys are good lol. I'm glad to see that some of you plan on writing him, I bet he will be very happy to get some more friendly mail. I knew him before this happened and although I don't condone what he did in any way, I don't think he should just be left alone to die.
Ya know , I find it a bit suspicious that you claim that sam said to you " that everyone was friendly and like family" . In most jails , you learn soon enough that you dont have any friends inside.

I don't know....but I feel like Sam's getting more sympathy that drunk drivers do that accidentally kill people in car wrecks. At least there it's an accident. There's a chance if drive under the influence that you won't kill somebody, If you hack somebody up with a maul that’s just over the top negligence. I believe if Sam wasn't pure evil he could have consciously kept from killing at least Mark.

I don't know....but I feel like Sam's getting more sympathy that drunk drivers do that accidentally kill people in car wrecks. At least there it's an accident. There's a chance if drive under the influence that you won't kill somebody, If you hack somebody up with a maul that’s just over the top negligence. I believe if Sam wasn't pure evil he could have consciously kept from killing at least Mark.

I know man I am very conflicted by it also but Emma and Mel and Deb and Mark are gone nothing we can do to bring them back and the least we can do is try to make something positive to honor their life and to me the only way to do that is try and reach Sam and get him on the right track to becoming a normal human being and working out his problems by sending him some positive words.

I found it interesting that Sam mentioned to that ScaryMary person in his letter to her that his cellblock mates are very much like a family to him, it is sad to consider it but it almost seems as if Sam may have it better where he is than he did at home, it really appears that the kid is really looking for a family that he never had and perhaps he felt he was losing that in the horrocore crowd because of he and Emma's falling out and now he is looking for it among those in his cellblock. That really tells me a lot about the kid and how much he simply yearns to have a family and people to support and look out for him. Its all very sad and its conflicting for me to show sympathy for him what he did was REALLY ****ED UP but I cant help the way I am wired and thats just who I am, I tend to have compassion for people like him and mercy and forgiveness for what they did, I really do not know any other way to act. I read so many of the threads on this forum on other cases and people are so willing to say things like they hope people get raped in prison or fried or killed even and I just cant relate to that sort of blood lust and desire for revenge. Prison rape is nothing to ****ing joke about, rape is NEVER ok no matter what and it really pisses me off when people make jokes about it, it tells me more about them than it does about people like Sam, its disturbing.

Ya know , I find it a bit suspicious that you claim that sam said to you " that everyone was friendly and like family" . In most jails , you learn soon enough that you dont have any friends inside.

Well, that's what he said...
Maybe they just treat him alot better than his real family did?

I know man I am very conflicted by it also but Emma and Mel and Deb and Mark are gone nothing we can do to bring them back and the least we can do is try to make something positive to honor their life and to me the only way to do that is try and reach Sam and get it on the right track to becoming a normal human being and working out his problems by sending him some positive words.

I found it interesting that Sam mentioned to that ScaryMary person in his letter to her that his cellblock mates are very much like a family to him, it is sad to consider it but it almost seems as if Sam may have it better where he is than he did at home, it really appears that the kid is really looking for a family that he never had and perhaps he felt he was losing that in the horrocore crowd because of he and Emma's falling out and now he is looking for it among those in his cellblock. That really tells me a lot about the kid and how much he simply yearns to have a family and people to support and look out for him. Its all very sad and its conflicting for me to show sympathy for him what he did was REALLY ****ED UP but I cant help the way I am wired and thats just who I am, I tend to have compassion for people like him and mercy and forgiveness for what they did, I really do not know any other way to act. I read so many of the threads on this forum on other cases and people are so willingly to say things like they hope people get raped in prison or fried or killed even and I just cant relate to that sort of blood lust and desire for revenge. Prison rape is nothing to ****ing joke about, rape is NEVER ok no matter what and it really pisses me off when people make jokes about it, it tells me more about them then it does people like Sam, its disturbing.

You're assuming that Sam did tell Scarymary that. I just find that to be highly unlikely !

Think about it! To think any other way is just like doing what Sam did.
would you say the same thing if it was your mother, dad, sister and friend? Maybe you can....sorry, I do not know how you could think like that but then again I do not know how anyone could bash and slaughter people, live with rottin' bodies and act like nothing went down. Maybe people who think they can save him should let him live with them.. save us a lot of money keeping him in jail or in the chair. Just my point of view, please take no offense.

Well, that's what he said...
Maybe they just treat him alot better than his real family did?
Generally , in jail they are trying to kill each other .

But if he did indeed tell you that , this indicates that he certainly IS deranged and seriously out of touch with reality.

I think what if I was Mels mom? How would I feel to give my daughter a ride to stay with a girlfriend and never "LOOK" at her face again. She had to bury her child without saying goodbye. Could I forgive someone for taking the life of my child? Could I forgive someone for never allowing me to put my hands and her face and tell her goodbye? Someone who was willing to destroy her life and the lives of me and my family. I guess I am not a "good" person but I believe you reap what you sow.

I can see how many of you have no sympathy for Sam and I do not blame you at all. What he did is absolutely horrible. I was questioning whether or not to write him because of my personal beliefs on taking another humans life (which is why I am completely against the death penalty) BUT I am also a firm believer that we have no right to judge another person in any way. The only person that knows what was going on in his head at that time is him. We weren't there, we don't know exactly what happened. Whatever caused him to take those lives is inexcusable, but until I find reason to do otherwise, I will not judge him for his actions. If I can make a positive impact on someone, or help someone out in any way, I will take that opportunity, and I think without a doubt he needs help right now not judgment. That is just my personal opinion and how I feel about this. I don't expect any of you to understand because I don't fully understand how my brain works some times either. If I feel something is right then it is right by me. I have had alot of people tell me (including family members and friends) i'm crazy, i'm a wacko and just plain sick for feeling any kind of sympathy for him, but I do and I cannot change that.

Also Paximus, I'm not upset in any way that you posted that message here, I'm glad you did! If I find out anything informative I will let you guys know but me and Sam don't talk about the case or anything that he is accused of, just normal stuff like music and daily life and whatnot.

You have a good heart and head on your shoulders my friend and I hope you will join us here on a regular basis as we continue to try and understand what happened to Sam and what made him do this. I will be here till the very end and I hope you will join me here too as I appreciate your insight and wisdom.

I think what if I was Mels mom? How would I feel to give my daughter a ride to stay with a girlfriend and never "LOOK" at her face again. She had to bury her child without saying goodbye. Could I forgive someone for taking the life of my child? Could I forgive someone for never allowing me to put my hands and her face and tell her goodbye? Someone who was willing to destroy her life and the lives of me and my family. I guess I am not a "good" person but I believe you reap what you sow.

The thing is, we are ALL capable of doing what Sam did, everyone has a breaking point, most of us had decent parents so we learned how to keep that dark side in check, Sam probably didnt have that, I dont think we should all feel sorry for him I am just asking people to with hold their judgement until we know what really took place, at this point we simply dont know.

The thing is, we are ALL capable of doing what Sam did, everyone has a breaking point, most of us had decent parents so we learned how to keep that dark side in check, Sam probably didnt have that, I dont think we should all feel sorry for him I am just asking people to with hold their judgement until we know what really took place, at this point we simply dont know.

I agree!

You're assuming that Sam did tell Scarymary that. I just find that to be highly unlikely !

She posted a letter that was handwritten by someone that I assume was Sam, of course I cant be certain but I have no reason after reading what Mary has had to say further that she has any agenda or ill intent and she is not trying to call attention to herself she is just passing on some information for those who may want to write to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member