VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help you there. I have the same question.

I don't think anyone thinks serial killers are SOOOOO cool,I think everyone is intrigued by them ,they're a part of life ,there's darkness lurking everywhere,I had both murders and suicides and other violence happen in my family...but I smile everyday and i love horror movies and i 'm obviously into reading about real life crimes because i guess the more yu know the less scary it becomes

Here's one you'll like better then Tapu (and Ziggy). This guy thinks Sam should be shot in the face to save money. I think presenting this argument with no shirt on adds to the authenticity too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLmsTCaxrU

lol,and what's with the vacuum cleaner?...that's what gets me about this guy...move the damn housecleaning device if you wanna look like a "man" on youtube....

...now this once again makes me really feel for sick and razakel....i don't think they have done anything incorrectly about this situation ( besides talking crap about pixy)....they're like stuck between a rock and a hard place....people calling them snitches ,on the other hand people blaming them for stuff they have nothing to do with.....i'd be angry as hell too....

Which doesn't excuse anything either. The whole thing with PiXy is messed up. I don't understand it given what I know about the situation. This is one of the things that makes me wonder...

OMG I love you dangr but please don't ever do that to me again :slap:
That was really, really, really, really, REALLY awful.

And I still don't get how it's SO friggin bad for Sam to have done something like this, yet at the same time SO cool for Son of Sam, Ramirez, Manson etc...

Seriously, I don't get it. :waitasec:

I think it is because Ramierez, Manson, Son of Sam, Dahlmer, etc have transcended reality into legendary status. They "aren't real" for the horrorcore purpose.

I think it is because Ramierez, Manson, Son of Sam, Dahlmer, etc have transcended reality into legendary status. They "aren't real" for the horrorcore purpose.

You might recall from the SKR "cribs" video that SickTanick and Razakel have a gallery of images of serial killers in their house.

What I want to know is will they add Sam to this rogues gallery after enough time has passed and the police interest is no longer an issue?

You might recall from the SKR "cribs" video that SickTanick and Razakel have a gallery of images of serial killers in their house.

What I want to know is will they add Sam to this rogues gallery after enough time has passed and the police interest is no longer an issue?

Of course not. Look at it this way: people think rockstars' self destructive tendencies are cool, think Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Eliott Smith. But when it's your brother or your friend doing heroin and being an alcoholic and killing himself, it's not cool.

Of course not. Look at it this way: people think rockstars' self destructive tendencies are cool, think Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Eliott Smith. But when it's your brother or your friend doing heroin and being an alcoholic and killing himself, it's not cool.

I don't know...I like the art of some of these people without thinking the self destructive part was cool.

As an aside I believe there is a picture of Sam in front of Jimi Hendrix's grave. FWIW.

...I'm sorry tapu but not everybody has a college degree,I don't think it matters what words are used it just matters what they intend to express and it can't get any deeper than the heart...

What? I'm not talking about what words they use (ok, so i called them "eloquent" for their "*advertiser censored**in everything" range of expression), but how can they say that Sam has gone so far astray when what he did is in line with all they're singing about and glorifying?

This seems like a no-brainer to me. Profess to worship bloodshed and violence, then what's your problem when there's bloodshed and violence? I just don't think that I could release a video about how I couldn't believe how horrible this was when I'd been singing about how really ****ing cool it was just yesterday.

Is it just me?

I don't know...I like the art of some of these people without thinking the self destructive part was cool.

As an aside I believe there is a picture of Sam in front of Jimi Hendrix's grave. FWIW.

Sure. Some people are interested in Serial Killers without idolizing them also.

WHAT? That's it. Burn the Hendrix records.

What? I'm not talking about what words they use (ok, so i called them "eloquent" for their "*advertiser censored**in everything" range of expression), but how can they say that Sam has gone so far astray when what he did is in line with all they're singing about and glorifying?

This seems like a no-brainer to me. Profess to worship bloodshed and violence, then what's your problem when there's bloodshed and violence? I just don't think that I could release a video about how I couldn't believe how horrible this was when I'd been singing about how really ****ing cool it was just yesterday.

Is it just me?

Not everyone that sings about or raps about violence is "glorifying" it are they?

Hendrix for example sang "Hey Joe" which is about a man that murdered his wife and is on the run from the law but I don't think the song is glorifying murder at all. YMMV I guess.

Hopefully those that have actually crossed the line and have been glorifying violence (and self harm which is another issue IMO) will learn something from these events. I've been waiting to see some evidence of it and it has been pretty limited so far I have to admit.

But it is worth mentioning at this point that grief is a multi-stage process and it seems that almost everyone directly involved here is still at stage 1.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kübler-Ross_model

ETA: Just have to mention that Kubler-Ross in addition to studying the stages of grief and the death process claimed to have ghost companions and spirit guides. See http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2227078.The_Wheel_of_Life She was a very interesting character , check her out if you haven't read any of her books.

Not everyone that sings about or raps about violence is "glorifying" it are they?

No, not everyone is. These guys are. And that's who I'm talking about.

Yeah, I read Kubler Ross in the 70s when she was first in the zeitgeist.

No, not everyone is. These guys are. And that's who I'm talking about.

Yeah, I read Kubler Ross in the 70s when she was first in the zeitgeist.

Likewise. I read her at UCSC and also Tarthang Tulku in the same week. Very cliche I know.

Stage 1: Denial

This is why you hear a lot of people from the scene trying to say that Sam was an aberration that horrorcore had NOTHING to do with this, that the horrocore family is not violent, etc. I think that's clearly not entirely true.

Stage 2: Anger
Some members of the commmunity have moved on to stage 2, anger. Consider some of the reaction to media and Internet interest in the case. It's easier to be angry about an article than to face what really happened to two people you knew.

I expect some members of the community are facing K-R's 4th stage too: depression. This is something that people should watch out for in each other, because seriously these sorts of things sometimes produce echos. IME anyway. Some of the horrorcore songs that seem to be glorifying self injury worry me here.

...I'm sorry tapu but not everybody has a college degree,I don't think it matters what words are used it just matters what they intend to express and it can't get any deeper than the heart...

I see where you're coming from, however we have FREE EDUCATION in this country and expressing yourself in your native lanuage shouldn't be that hard given the free sources for learning. It only takes a high school diploma...I have VERY successful friends with that level of education who have worked hard to use proper grammar and become great communicators.

People dumb themselves down - it's a choice in my opinion - at least in this country. If you really wanted to improve there would be sources and volunteers at your disposal.

Good analogy - and thanks for the heads up...didn't know Elliot Smith had died :(

Dude. It happens. I get busy trying to solve the world's problems and spread the joy of foxtrot and botox and such. Frick, 2003? Wow. That is pretty lame on my part :)

I see where you're coming from, however we have FREE EDUCATION in this country and expressing yourself in your native lanuage shouldn't be that hard given the free sources for learning. It only takes a high school diploma...I have VERY successful friends with that level of education who have worked hard to use proper grammar and become great communicators.

People dumb themselves down - it's a choice in my opinion - at least in this country. If you really wanted to improve there would be sources and volunteers at your disposal.

Wow. I think we must live on different planets.

My daughter has a friend. His mother was a drug addict, the father is long gone and nowhere to be found He lives with his uncle who is in his early twenties and works as a security guard to support him and another brother. He's been in and out of foster homes.

He does in fact have all sorts of resources at his disposal as you state, but he's starting out with a big disadvantage on so many levels. Much bigger than you imagine or allow for here. Getting out of his situation is going to be his entire lifetime project. I can't comment on each of these kids of course, but it seems a lot of the horrorcore artists and kids come from some of these types of backgrounds.

I think this is pretty harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members