VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes,i think so...especially if he came out with a heartwrenching statement of how he loved emma and things along those lines...again,i don't understand the world "cooler" but he'd definetely have more of a chance that people would think of him in the future...

Cooler in the sense that someone would wear a t-shirt with Sid on it as a fashion statement.

I am fairly certain I could find a random heroin addict that had killed his wife in prison. Would you wear a shirt with his image on it? No you wouldn't.

And yet "Sid is God" and his image adorns the chests of thousands of hipsters around the world. That's what I mean by cool.

sid and nancy were not married.what does attractive have to do with it?
emma never wanted to die.nancy did.
nancy was in so much pain.emma was not.
sam took 4 innocent lives and kept his.
sid died.
sid may not have killed nancy.

Tapu stated that Sam killed pretty girls. I just wanted to make the point that although she was also a junkie, Nancy was also pretty and didn't deserve to be killed.

Has Sam been found guilty already? Hmm...

Cooler in the sense that someone would wear a t-shirt with Sid on it as a fashion statement.

I am fairly certain I could find a random heroin addict that had killed his wife in prison. Would you wear a shirt with his image on it? No you wouldn't.

And yet "Sid is God" and his image adorns the chests of thousands of hipsters around the world. That's what I mean by cool.

"sid is god" was a joke,no i would not wear a shirt of a random killer without knowing his story....yes,the sid and nancy story touched me very much,he may have been just passed out and did not even kill her....but i'd like to think he did love her and that's why he killed her....he did it for her.

Tapu stated that Sam killed pretty girls. I just wanted to make the point that although she was also a junkie, Nancy was also pretty and didn't deserve to be killed.

Has Sam been found guilty already? Hmm...

nancy wanted to die ,more than anything she wanted to die,she was in so much pain,she wanted to die.

...i see what you're saying.

Ask anyone that was the parent of a punk in 1979 how cool or heroic they think Sid was. I don't think they will agree with the consensus here.

I know my former girlfriend went punk in this era and her parents were entirely mortified. They took her to psychologists.

She actually reminds me a bit of Emma in that she was extremely pretty and the daughter of a college professor but she made herself look uglier as part of her style and lifestyle choice at the time. She cut off her hair for example. She also had a boyfriend that was in his twenties and she was 16.

If punk was any sort of political statement for her, it was a statement about boredom and privilege in suburban America. She certainly wasn't a down trodden working class kid or an anarchist or anything like that except by choice.

nancy wanted to die ,more than anything she wanted to die,she was in so much pain,she wanted to die.

Maybe if he had gotten her help instead of stabbing her she might have changed her mind. People do recover from addiction...

Sid was "established as an artist"?

And yet his band mate says he was in the hospital and didn't even play on their most influential record.

Also, IMO, heroin addiction is generally pretty selfish. I also don't understand the heroism or selflessness attached to the murder of his wife. He stabbed her with a knife. Did she ask him to? I wonder.

ETA: They already make t-shirts with Sam's name on them...

I believe one of the versions of the story that Sid gave (he gave many) was that Nancy had in fact asked him to kill her.

I believe one of the versions of the story that Sid gave (he gave many) was that Nancy had in fact asked him to kill her.

If she did, does that justify her murder?

I think we can all agree that Nancy must have been suffering, however it sounds to me like Nancy was suffering from addiction, depression and possibly also mental illness.

I guess stabbing someone does cure these conditions in a way...

Sam McCroskey was at STFW with a girl who called herself "Kinky Suicide". If he had killed her instead would that have been cooler because she "asked for it" by choosing that name?

I don't see it.

Why do several of Sam's charges say nolle prosequi in the court records? The court the charges appear in is Prince Edward, the charges are Robber-Felony, Grand Larceny-Felony, First Degree Murder-Felony, and No O.L.

Courts

Were these charges dropped to pursue the others, or am I completely misunderstanding this?

ETA: Actually, I looked it up wrong I think. Under circuit court it lists the murder charges and one count of Grand Larceny: Auto Theft as active.

From Blou: "It's going to be a LONG time before I'm ready for any sort of school shooting humor."

I do not wish to, in any way come off as insensitive. Most of us have, or will, come across different forms of tragedy in our lives. Humanity is a cruel lot. Long ago I spent a brief period of my life being very depressed by the world around me. I'd watch the news, people dying, bombings, shootings, murders, fires, wars and clandestine torture chambers. I'd see friends fall by the wayside from depression and drugs, friends raped, friends losing loved ones, children dying. They are plenty of tears to be had in this life. Some of us, for whatever reason (if there is a reason at all) are destined for more than others. And I thought "what right do I have to be happy when so many are suffering?" I became so hypersensitive it nearly made me suicidal. To make a long story shorter I overcame all of this and live my life as happily as I can. I count my blessings and try to help others around me whenever I can. There are good days, bad days, sad days, and sometimes fantastic days.

So what about humor in regards to tragedy and inhumanity? I appreciate that you do not find school shootings even remotely funny. And they aren't. But I think humor is a defense mechanism that helps us cope with the evil in the world. Would you want those types of "jokes," whether you think they are funny or not, banned? Is Dave Chapelle funny? Tropic Thunder? Remember the space shuttle jokes? Princess Diana jokes? Blazing Saddles? Soldiers and Emergency Room physicians regularly make jokes to handle the horror they often witness. Would you condemn all forms of such humor whether they be a casual quip on a regular day or as an intense reaction to a traumatic moment?

I have a friend who lost an arm. He's a mile a minute with one armed man jokes (How do you get a one armed man out of a tree? Wave at him.) I have a friend who lost part of his leg in an incident of negligence. He was able to sue for a nice settlement. He often says the money he made didn't cost him an arm and a leg -- just a leg. . . maybe other amputees, still not done coping, would find such talk extremely offensive and insulting.

Am I making sense here?

Yeah I was puzzled about the Nolle Prosequi thing when I first seen it too, then I found out later that day that he had been indicted on the Capital charges, so I figured that had something to do with it.

Only 39 more days to January 11.

I wonder if the national media will pick back up on this case one the trial begins in earnest.

Only 39 more days to January 11.

I wonder if the national media will pick back up on this case one the trial begins in earnest.

Only if there is some new hook, e.g. some appalling new details or images to cluck over.

So if Sam kills himself he'll become cooler and thus more marketable?

Well I think since Sid did kill himself it shows he is less selfish imo and it at least shows that he was sorry for what he had done. Not that it makes it right, but he had to have felt bad to have gone as far as to take his own life.

Maybe if he had gotten her help instead of stabbing her she might have changed her mind. People do recover from addiction...

Yeah but he was an addict too. IMO 2 addicts together just leads to more addiction. How could he help her when he couldn't even help himself? And yes I agree that using heroin is horrible, but drugs do crazy things to people. They make them into something they aren't. My father is living proof, and drug addiction at some point is an illness.
In this case I feel they fed each others addiction, because it made them seem closer, so it seemed right. Maybe not to us sober people, but to them it was probably something that they looked forward to sharing and made them feel closer.

I think the media may run with the horrorcore trial due to the connection that's been made to other cases around the country. There are these pockets of "citizen interest," and as we've seen before, something like this can be made much of.

Raz is such a creep...

maybev.jpg

I say we burn her at the stake.. :dance:

Didnt Sid's mother finally admit she was the one who killed him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATS2+3