VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't and never did think Sid was cool. Skinny, disgusting murdering drug addict with some talent. Big D. Guess it's just what you're into at a certain age...sometimes your judgment abilities at the time you form the opinion it's cool aren't fully developed yet you carry that same opinion through the development period and it doesn't change. Had you been older or been through more, you probably wouldn't think the same things were cool.

I thought David Bowie was cool. I've never thought Mick Jagger was cool. I think Jimi and Janis are cool, but if they'd lived out their junkie lives on TMZ, I might only think them sad but talented in today's view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oSZnrYL_M

Belsen was a gas I heard the other day
In the open graves where the jews all lay
Life is fun and I wish you were here
They wrote on postcards to those held dear
Oh dear

Sergeant majors on the march
Wash their bodies in the starch
See them all die one by one
Guess it's dead guess it's glad
So bad

Oh dear

Be a man be a man Belson was a gas
Be a man kill somone kill yourself be a man
Be someone kill somone be a man kill yourself
-- Sid Vicious

I don't and never did think Sid was cool. Skinny, disgusting murdering drug addict with some talent. Big D. Guess it's just what you're into at a certain age...sometimes your judgment abilities at the time you form the opinion it's cool aren't fully developed yet you carry that same opinion through the development period and it doesn't change. Had you been older or been through more, you probably wouldn't think the same things were cool.

I thought David Bowie was cool. I've never thought Mick Jagger was cool. I think Jimi and Janis are cool, but if they'd lived out their junkie lives on TMZ, I might only think them sad but talented in today's view.

"I ain't never killed no cop...I felt like it a lot of times. But I never did it. If you believe that I'm a cop killer, you believe David Bowie is an astronaut."
-Ice T

See also http://www.palmbeachpost.com/search/content/local_news/epaper/2009/08/01/a1b_binocol_0802.html

Of course both Sid and Sam did kill people.

Ice T... that plays a cop... on TV?? :waitasec:

(hey the bowie-astronaut analogy is really good, huh?)

Ice T... that plays a cop... on TV?? :waitasec:

(hey the bowie-astronaut analogy is really good, huh?)

Hey I was just happy I found a Bowie tie in. Bowie really hasn't written any really offensive songs IMO and I think his musicianship is pretty impeccable.

I was young and stupid when I was all in to Sid, I still love the Sex Pistols and listen to them all the time but I am not in to the Sid look anymore and I was never in to herion and **** like that, just dumb, as you say.

I was young and stupid when I was all in to Sid, I still love the Sex Pistols and listen to them all the time but I am not in to the Sid look anymore and I was never in to herion and **** like that, just dumb, as you say.

So I wasn't ever really a punk but knew a few people in the very early days of the punk scene in Berkeley, and I also went to a number of underground punk parties in LA too. A few people I knew used to live and/or hang out at Barrington Hall during the days of the infamous Wine Parties. For some people it was great times, but for some others it seemed to end up being a pretty self destructive path from what I saw of it. A few of my friends in that scene had pretty serious substance abuse issues including both meth and heroin use.

I see some similarities between the early punk days and the horrorcore scene with the emphasis on shock tactics and debauchery, they aren't identical mind you, but I do see some parallels including in some of the self destructive tendencies and also very notably IMO in the family backgrounds and histories of the people that are drawn to the music.

See http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,t...?tribeid=4d633a65-14a4-48aa-a930-6d43fd1ba38e

This would explain the superstition about stepping on them... ;)

So you've wasted some time reading up on the Farmville paper, huh? You must have been really bored:crazy: The superstition is that if you step on a blue rotunda (CHI symbol), which are painted around the campus sidewalks, you will have blue babies. Chi droppings however are good things to find......I found one once when I first started working at Longwood and had no idea what it was, so I left it.

Longwood has two secret societies, Chi and Princaps. The Princaps have blacks crowns painted on the sidewalks around campus, and those are good luck if you step on them.

So you've wasted some time reading up on the Farmville paper, huh? You must have been really bored:crazy: The superstition is that if you step on a blue rotunda (CHI symbol), which are painted around the campus sidewalks, you will have blue babies. Chi droppings however are good things to find......I found one once when I first started working at Longwood and had no idea what it was, so I left it.

Longwood has two secret societies, Chi and Princaps. The Princaps have blacks crowns painted on the sidewalks around campus, and those are good luck if you step on them.

Two different blogs which I read stated that stepping on a Chi dropping was bad luck.

As far as the Farmville paper, the LoC has a searchable database dating back to the 1800s so it doesn't require that you read every issue. The search is a bit funky however, so it takes a fair bit of fiddling around to find what you want. I found a lot of interesting stuff including the first pictures of the "Normal School" when it was first opened. Also images after the fire destroyed part of the school and some other interesting stuff. I barely scratched the surface of this amazing resource and they have newspaper archives for a lot of other places as well.

So...

How does Sid Vicious's lifestyle compare to the horrorcore scene? He ended up dying too, maybe a slower less brutal demise, and I guess he was complicit in a way. Still, is he to be idolized for this?

I'm a fan of Hendrix and the Sex Pistols and Nirvana and probably some other artists that offed themselves. But I'm not really a fan of offing yourself or taking drugs until you croak.

Dumb.

i was ("half") joking of course,lol,of course i don't idolize him for the reality of him being a wasted,lost kid ,i idolize him for the fantasy he provided back then that you can do whatever you want to ,whenever you want to,everytime i make another dumb *advertiser censored** choice in life,i crank up sid's version of "my way" and tell myself "here's to you,sid,punk's not dead"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7oSZnrYL_M

Oh dear

Sergeant majors on the march
Wash their bodies in the starch
See them all die one by one
Guess it's dead guess it's glad
So bad

Oh dear

Be a man be a man Belson was a gas
Be a man kill somone kill yourself be a man
Be someone kill somone be a man kill yourself
-- Sid Vicious

....this song is sarcasmn,shows how *advertiser censored** up this world is,but life is fun,right?...sid killed nancy( and that's not even 100% proven),sid didn't kill two girls with a future ,a professor and a priest and walked away with a smile on his face,sober at that........sid assisted nancy ,she was pretty much already dead and he couldn't handle it and died shortly after.sid was devastated.

So I wasn't ever really a punk but knew a few people in the very early days of the punk scene in Berkeley, and I also went to a number of underground punk parties in LA too. A few people I knew used to live and/or hang out at Barrington Hall during the days of the infamous Wine Parties. For some people it was great times, but for some others it seemed to end up being a pretty self destructive path from what I saw of it. A few of my friends in that scene had pretty serious substance abuse issues including both meth and heroin use.

I see some similarities between the early punk days and the horrorcore scene with the emphasis on shock tactics and debauchery, they aren't identical mind you, but I do see some parallels including in some of the self destructive tendencies and also very notably IMO in the family backgrounds and histories of the people that are drawn to the music.

See http://www.tribe.net/template/pub,t...?tribeid=4d633a65-14a4-48aa-a930-6d43fd1ba38e

Yes I can see that but I think the punk scene was a bit more intellectually minded and politically fueled, they were making real and credible statements against the machine for lack of a better word, at least some of them, certainly not all. I dont see a lot of that in horrorcore and it just seems to be more about role playing and taking things as far as they can for shock value. I dont see them are a true rebellion movement like I did the punks but then again I am biased because the punk scene was my life growing up and my personal reasons for being part of it was a great disdain for all things corporate and capitalist.

i was ("half") joking of course,lol,of course i don't idolize him for the reality of him being a wasted,lost kid ,i idolize him for the fantasy he provided back then that you can do whatever you want to ,whenever you want to,everytime i make another dumb *advertiser censored** choice in life,i crank up sid's version of "my way" and tell myself "here's to you,sid,punk's not dead"

Yes that I would agree with Sid represented freedom and someone who was really true to himself and certainly wasnt a poser, he lived his lyrics like few ever have. He was obviously battling some terrible demons and that was tragic, drug addiction is no laughing matter and I wont judge people who have to deal with it because it is no walk in the park.

....this song is sarcasmn,shows how *advertiser censored** up this world is,but life is fun,right?...sid killed nancy( and that's not even 100% proven),sid didn't kill two girls with a future ,a professor and a priest and walked away with a smile on his face,sober at that........sid assisted nancy ,she was pretty much already dead and he couldn't handle it and died shortly after.sid was devastated.

You don't think horrorcore songs contain an element of humor or sarchasm? I think a lot of people thought Sam's music was funny and not to be taken seriously right up until he killed four people.

How about this track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDEWsOGlnD8

Come on now this song is clearly a joke and the way he delivers the vocal, I have to say that I actually think it's pretty damn funny.

Sam was doing the same thing, just not nearly as well as Mars and without someone talented like McNastee producing the beats.

How about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2VZtpCFBUg

Come on sing along!

"I'd grab a clip or two, load it up and then I'm cool..."

ETA: I think there should be a Barney the Evil Dinosaur remix of Shooting Spree

Yes that I would agree with Sid represented freedom and someone who was really true to himself and certainly wasnt a poser, he lived his lyrics like few ever have. He was obviously battling some terrible demons and that was tragic, drug addiction is no laughing matter and I wont judge people who have to deal with it because it is no walk in the park.

Freedom? I hardly would call heroin addiction freedom.

Well, that was sort of my point I guess. Why is Sid cool, but Sam ain't?
I think the reason Sid's cool and Sam isn't is because, people look at what Sid did as somewhat of an accident since he was high on heroin. We don't know of any drugs that Sam did while there yet, not that it's impossible, because he did have access to some drugs, but it was well known that Sid was usually high on heroin and so was Nancy. When you're high on a drug like that, to you nothing is reality, and things don't seem as serious. so i can def. see someone killing someone else while on Heroin and not even knowing that they are doing it.
Sam on the other hand would have had to have been high for at least 4 days straight to have just happened to be high when the preacher came over, but that's not impossible either.
Just my opinion.

You don't think horrorcore songs contain an element of humor or sarchasm? I think a lot of people thought Sam's music was funny and not to be taken seriously right up until he killed four people.

How about this track?

Come on now this song is clearly a joke and the way he delivers the vocal, I have to say that I actually think it's pretty damn funny.

Sam was doing the same thing, just not nearly as well as Mars and without someone talented like McNastee producing the beats.

How about this one:

Come on sing along!

"rubbin' on your feet"

that's funny!

DM I kind of like those songs. . .

How about this track?

How about this one:

Come on sing along!

I got a crazy idea to go back to college a few years ago after having been kicked out back in the 80's. I returned to Va Tech and was a student in the architecture school there when 32 people were shot in a building adjacent to the building where my studio was.

I missed the immediate shock since I had gone home the previous friday and stayed there for an event on Monday evening. I was in a coffee shop at home when I got the first of several emails warning of shootings on campus. Classes were cancelled for the rest of the week, so I didn't return until the following Saturday.

The night I got back to Blacksburg, I went to the building where the shootings had occurred, since I knew I would have no choice but to deal with it. There was a huge area closed off with police tape and a 24 hour police guard which stayed for months, but there was a couple standing just inside of it holding each other. I could see other people standing in the shadows all around and I heard something I've never heard before, which was the sound of a mostly unseen crowd softly crying.

There's just no way to describe the devastation that shooting caused. My French professor from the year before was killed. My next door neighbor lost a very close friend and several other people I know lost friends. Everyone was in shock and almost no one said anything about what had happened, so it was very difficult to know who had lost friends, but I know that a significant number of people around me had.

That came near the end of a school year that started on day one with an on campus hunt by state police and SWAT teams for a gunman who had escaped from custody the previous evening. He had been taken to the hospital by a police officer officer whose gun he took and then shot as he escaped. He then shot dead another officer who stumbled onto him on a local bike trail and disappeared. I went to campus on the road beside that trail, since I lived near the hospital. I saw a LOT of heavily armed police on my way, but since the local airport is there too, I thought it was just a homeland security training exercise and didn't know there was anything up until someone in the parking lot told me classes were cancelled.

I had a few things to do in my studio, so I went there and then started hearing all the rumors of where the gunman was. People in the building where I was had a range of reaction from perfect calm to severe anxiety but eventually the police warned everyone to leave and we all did. I went back to my apartment which was in a wooded area not far from either the hospital of where the gunman had last been seen and realized as I was driving up that I had left my door unlocked, that I lived in a nearly perfect hiding place, and that it would have been well known as that by locals possibly including that person. I was quite relieved to find my home was empty, but I entered very carefully and looked in all possible hiding places before feeling relaxed. I've never left my home unlocked since that day.

It's going to be a LONG time before I'm ready for any sort of school shooting humor.

edited to add:

Seung-Hui Cho used two guns in his murder spree. One of them was a Glock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic