VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What goods a girls b-day party without a Naked man?

I was just thinking naked man! You are psychic. I watched the Legion trailer and wondered if Paul Bettany was going to be naked again... and then nakedmanjoe chimes in...yes, need a naked man but can you dance like Party Boy?

Oh I would very much like for The Tapu to be there! Let's see...dangrs will dress like a raver, Paximus is either Sid Vicious or monk (now there's a fascinating dichotomy); I grew up in the very dangerous and controversial era of The Grateful Dead and brace yourself...Disco :) Between those two I'm probably much more Disco these days. Anyone else?

Sorry to get OT, but January 11 is getting here like molasses and my friend Peacegurl still ain't talkin!

Oh, and Heroine is a pin up girl so perhaps she'll emerge from a giant cake :)

Just put Shakedown Street on repeat play and you'll satisfy both your Dead and your disco needs.

Been reading along, with little time to spare..but can so can some one 'splain to me how the Raver's, the Emo's, amd the Juggalettes/Jugalloes differ?-- Paximus

Raver-- Alcohol shunned for the most part. Ecstatic dancing for hours on end provided by djs. Music is continuous, very positive and extremely loud. Energy drinks, Ecstacy drug of choice. Major danger: dancing too much, sending electrolytes out of whack by too much dancing/ water, and of course hearing damage. Frequent Ecstacy use may lead to depression eventually. Typical raver wears clothing all colors of the rainbow, wide legged pants, giant platform shoes, and a pacifier on a necklace. More commonly people wear silly costume- like accessories such as a hat with neon feather trim. Sometimes candy necklaces around the neck. This may be connected to the strichhanine in the drugs that causes them to grind their teeth. Raves are pretty expensive, complicated to find, and requiring a long time commitment (dance for 8 plus hours, then sleep the day away).

Emos-- A term that has a tinge of derision-- "he's/ she's so emo." May be a short term identity. Weepy, sad, tragic, sensitive, depressed, etc. Boys are frequently emo, unlike in the Goth scene which was mainly girls. People dress fairly conventionally but in dark colors, in contrast to the Goth scene of the 90's which was referencing victoriana- lace, satin, velvet, bodices, etc. Art making and Singing valued.

Juggalettes/ Juggalloes- Fans of Insane Clown Posse. This is new to me too.

....oh and one thing about "emo's"....noone will admit to being "emo",don't tell an obvious "emo" they're "emo"...don't categorize them,same with scene kids,don't call them scene....they get very angry,lol....I know cos all my daughters' friends are emo or scene....but I did not calll them that...

I'm going to disagree with some of the definition of "emo" here. I will come out of the closet to say that in my late high school and early college years I may have dressed in a style that might have been interpreted as emoish, though I considered myself indie.

Generally, the idea is: tight pants, bright colored shirts (think, t-shirts with strange things on them, stuff you'd find in a thrift store). Also, sweaters. Argyle, cardigan, again, uglier color patterns the better. Black horn rimmed glasses are a must, some wear studded belts. Doc martins or black converses, gross looking snow boots. Jackets, again stuff you'd find at a thrift store, corduroy, trench, suede.

Hair is generally longish -- with emphasis on the long bangs, but not necessarily black. I never dyed my hair black, but I didn't consider myself emo, I just dressed "indie".

lol,you SO were emo,andres,like I said the main thing about being emo is not admitting to being emo.....oh and what about screamo?....i like a lot of those bands...

Interesting, I was always the Sid Vicious type, pretty hard core punk and very much in to Dead Kennedys and Sex Pistols <3

Pretty much me in HS and college lol

sid-vicious.jpg

sid is god

I was just thinking naked man! You are psychic. I watched the Legion trailer and wondered if Paul Bettany was going to be naked again... and then nakedmanjoe chimes in...yes, need a naked man but can you dance like Party Boy?

Well....here's my Party Boy credentials

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30886772

That I'm not sure about. The university does have a judicial board, which is student runned and is sometimes looked down on by students......mostly because they're the ones getting in trouble. Chi was never a enforcement group to my knowledge, but a group that reconizes the good and selflessness of individuals on campus. To recieve a Chi Commendation at the end of the year is a good thing.

Here's a starting point for some of these points: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=61962573388&topic=7807

Remember that this organization is over 100 years old and that people at that time had very different ideas than we do today about various matters.

sid is god

So...

How does Sid Vicious's lifestyle compare to the horrorcore scene? He ended up dying too, maybe a slower less brutal demise, and I guess he was complicit in a way. Still, is he to be idolized for this?

I'm a fan of Hendrix and the Sex Pistols and Nirvana and probably some other artists that offed themselves. But I'm not really a fan of offing yourself or taking drugs until you croak.

Dumb.

http://www.christianpost.com/articl...ovie-legion-pits-angels-vs-mankind/index.html

Snipped: "The trailer for an upcoming fantasy-thriller film on the Apocalypse hit the web this past week, presenting movie fans with the question &#8220;What if God lost faith in mankind?&#8221;

&#8220;The last time God lost faith in man, He sent the flood. This time, He sent angels,&#8221; states the archangel Michael, played Paul Bettany (&#8220;The Da Vinci Code&#8221;).

Directed by visual effects guru Scott Stewart (&#8220;Iron Man,&#8221; &#8220;Night at the Museum,&#8221; &#8220;Superman Returns&#8221;), &#8220;Legion&#8221; pits mankind against a horde of the devil&#8217;s minions &#8211; fallen angels, whom God allows to have their way with humanity after having lost faith in it."

Ok, well seriously if God decided do-over and it's God's decision to make because there is a God, then he probably knows best so...and if I were God I'd be about to the "lost faith in man" point after cruising Websleuths wowza.

The movie is almost certain to be crap although sometimes these sorts of things turn out to be cult classics; hard to say from that trailer. But nevertheless it is interesting IMO if you understand that SickTanicK's CD to be released on the same day is going to be related thematically.

Here's a starting point for some of these points: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=61962573388&topic=7807

Remember that this organization is over 100 years old and that people at that time had very different ideas than we do today about various matters.

This is true, but I think a lot of this is rumor......I could be wrong though. I spoke with someone on campus today that has been at or involved with Longwood for over 25 years and he told me that "Red Chi" was just the old school Chi.....nothing more, nothing less. But who knows, it is a "secret society" so I'm not privileged to their info.

This is true, but I think a lot of this is rumor......I could be wrong though. I spoke with someone on campus today that has been at or involved with Longwood for over 25 years and he told me that "Red Chi" was just the old school Chi.....nothing more, nothing less. But who knows, it is a "secret society" so I'm not privileged to their info.

Well, one might say for instance read copies of the Farmville paper in the Library of Congress archives to see if there are any reports about Chi or the reputed murders related to the organization. Doing this would probably would be a very large waste of time. Trust me on this.

So...

How does Sid Vicious's lifestyle compare to the horrorcore scene? He ended up dying too, maybe a slower less brutal demise, and I guess he was complicit in a way. Still, is he to be idolized for this?

I'm a fan of Hendrix and the Sex Pistols and Nirvana and probably some other artists that offed themselves. But I'm not really a fan of offing yourself or taking drugs until you croak.

Dumb.

Less brutal? He stabbed Nancy to death.

I have to laugh every time I read about CHI droppings. Seems like something you would find mixed with cedar shavings when you clean out a CHI cage.

I have to laugh every time I read about CHI droppings. Seems like something you would find mixed with cedar shavings when you clean out a CHI cage.

This would explain the superstition about stepping on them... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member