VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in my case, raves were expensive because I had to cover my broke friends lol!

Also worth mentioning that the punk scene and metal scene are alive and well at least here in the bay area. Melanie Wells listed her favorite band as "Green Day" and Sam's sister aka SarahThizzle used to be a raver but now is an underground metal promoter.

I know some emo girl teenagers. They are really into putting on heavy black eye make-up and then making themselves cry and taking their own pictures. They really get worked up, too. I hope my son doesn't do that....

I went to the University of Arizona and the rave scene was huge there in Tucson at the time, I went to a few but that really wasnt my scene, we preferred wharehouse parties with mosh pits but those raver chicks were always the most fun, I loved punk but I could never get in to chicks with mohawks.

Also keep in mind DM is in the bay area so the raves there were probably a lot cheaper because of the sheer volume of people. In smaller metro areas they were not always cheap in my experience because they didnt draw the number of people bigger city raves did. While I never had to pay for a rave I remember raves in Tucson being about 30 bucks a head sometimes 15 or 20 if it was an especially large one. FWIW I have never done XTC so I probably have never really experienced a rave the way it should be experienced lol. For all the trouble we caused me and my closest friends never got in to much drug or alcohol usage except for mushrooms and herbage both of which I stopped doing years ago.

I went to the University of Arizona and the rave scene was huge there in Tucson at the time, I went to a few but that really wasnt my scene, we preferred wharehouse parties with mosh pits but those raver chicks were always the most fun, I loved punk but I could never get in to chicks with mohawks.

Yeah, i was never into a chick with hair that could poke me in the eye.

Also keep in mind DM is in the bay area so the raves there were probably a lot cheaper because of the sheer volume of people. In smaller metro areas they were not always cheap in my experience because they didnt draw the number of people bigger city raves did. While I never had to pay for a rave I remember raves in Tucson being about 30 bucks a head sometimes 15 or 20 if it was an especially large one. FWIW I have never done XTC so I probably have never really experienced a rave the way it should be experienced lol. For all the trouble we caused me and my closest friends never got in to much drug or alcohol usage except for mushrooms and herbage both of which I stopped doing years ago.

Well in the late 90s a lot of people got the idea that they could get rich from raves, and some of them actually did. This meant mega-events known in the scene as "massives" and appropriately "massive" ticket prices. Then the whole thing crashed and burned along with the dot.com bust.

Today the rave culture is divided into two main groups, the raver kids shown on the site I just linked to "Tigger Loves You" and old school ravers or "geriatrics" as they are known. The two cultures rarely party together, but when they do watch out. It's either a blast or a bust. ;)

The oldest raver I know is older than my dad...

To be a raver, do you have to be able to dance? If so, looks like my two left feet and stiff hips are out.

To be a raver, do you have to be able to dance? If so, looks like my two left feet and stiff hips are out.

They have a pill for that you know. Also, some people just sort of "sway".

Here's an image from the most recent party I went to which had a 20s theme:

n1381327681_225875_4480.jpg

I am not in this picture so don't try guessing.

God. Get that guy with no shirt out of the front of there.

You're lucky that's not you, Danger.

God. Get that guy with no shirt out of the front of there.

You're lucky that's not you, Danger.

No one needs to see me with my shirt off Tapu.

His name is Sat, and he's a super awesome dancer BTW.

I've only been to one rave and this was in 1994 in a warehouse type building in Washington, D.C. I was 24 years old and already, at that young age, felt like one of the geriatrics DM refers to. There were kids there that looked to be as young as 14 and 15, on ecstasy, and I wondered how the hell they pulled that off getting out of the house for an all night party (the sleepover trick, maybe, where kids go to each others house, on the same night, to stay over?). They wore baggy pants and shirts and a lot of them had the wallet chains which ran from their waist to their knee and back. (Do they still wear those?)

I participated in the chemical experience and must say, though I never made it back to another one, I had a fantastic time. After the rave there was an afterparty at a bar at 8am.

DM, what is the general age distinction these days, as to when you are considered a geriatric?

I've only been to one rave and this was in 1994 in a warehouse type building in Washington, D.C. I was 24 years old and already, at that young age, felt like one of the geriatrics DM refers to. There were kids there that looked to be as young as 14 and 15, on ecstasy, and I wondered how the hell they pulled that off getting out of the house for an all night party (the sleepover trick, maybe, where kids go to each others house, on the same night, to stay over?). They wore baggy pants and shirts and a lot of them had the wallet chains which ran from their waist to their knee and back. (Do they still wear those?)

I participated in the chemical experience and must say, though I never made it back to another one, I had a fantastic time. After the rave there was an afterparty at a bar at 8am.

DM, what is the general age distinction these days, as to when you are considered a geriatric?

Geriatric Raver age is 25. See http://www.raverg.org/

lol, I'm now beyond geriatric into the "ancient" category. But amusingly I am never the oldest guy at a party.

ETA: you still see some people wearing phat pants and chains, but not so much. Check out Tigger's site for some images of recent "kiddie" raves if you need some fashion tips ;)

While I personally am enjoying our discussions here those, whose eyes are glazing over from our off topic excursions, take heart: only 40 days to January 11th!!

Taking the hint....

l_384275fd08d148ea90b85520ee9a6cb7.jpg

Interesting timing no?

And BTW Razakel created this image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics