VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....when my daughter was a baby she did have a slayer onesie,but to me music is different from politic or religion,but again i guess it's just a matter of opinion

I specifically mentioned Bob Marley because he was a Rastafarian and is considered to be a prophet of that religion by some.

I guess maybe Slayer is Satanic although I don't know if I would consider a Slayer logo a religious emblem.

....when my daughter was a baby she did have a slayer onesie,but to me music is different from politic or religion,but again i guess it's just a matter of opinion

I wish I had a slayer onesie, I would wear it right now!!

I was always sort of unconsciously wary of the politicization of the baby, too. Like, I never paraded him around in a rainbow onesie. Not even in P-Town. Actually, though... that might be my instinct NOT to conform.

My story is a bit different because it was in the context of other things that went beyond just being taken to a peace rally as a kid. I was in "religious" school at the time, which seemed to mostly consist of showing us Holocaust images and reading from Meyer Kahane's "Never Again". I never remeber God even being mentioned. I was eight or nine at this time.

My parents took me to a peace rally and march against the Vietnam war which ended with people being arrested and taken away in handcuffs in unmarked grey buses...

Scary **** for a little kid.

My sister and her partner recently took their son to an anti-prop 8 rally here in California and gave him a sign to carry in his stroller. He was 2 years old at the time. I didn't support the proposition, but you know, hire a sitter or something.

Id wear a Sex Pistols onesie if Tapu will get me one. SP onesie and combat boots, yea yea!

Id wear a Sex Pistols onesie if Tapu will get me one. SP onesie and combat boots, yea yea!

Stop! Stop! I don't want to be picturing all you guys in onesies!!!

I'm sure you mean 'minus the sacrificing of virgins and stuff'..right?

Well Christians do canabalize their god and drink his blood. I dont mean to be offensive there are many fine Christian people in the world but all religions have their zealots and radicals.

Well Christians do canabalize their god and drink his blood. I dont mean to be offensive there are many fine Christian people in the world but all religions have their zealots and radicals.

Many people have died in wars started by religious zealots of various flavors. Also, there was that good ole Spanish Inquisition.

Wes, the issue of ritual sacrifice is not as simple as you make it out to be here, and it is widely debated in modern day Satanism. Most Satanists that I have read do not sacrifice "virgins" except in the metaphorical sense.

There are some groups that have been tied to disappearances and possible ritual murders, i.e. the Order of Nine Angles, but most of the people that call themselves Satanists do not engage in such practices.

But then again LaVey stated that there were conditions under which human sacrifice was acceptable for example if the person to be sacrificed was annoying enough. Just one example of why I tell people to stay away from LaVey generally speaking....

FWIW.

See http://www.globusz.com/ebooks/Satanism/00000016.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles

True, youll start thinking we all look like Richard Simmons.

A good friend of my wife's appeared at numerous happy hours around the city in a red Snuggie. He drew a pretty good crowd wherever he went and raised a fair bit of money for the Leukemia Society doing this.

Food for thought.

More baby clothes you can buy:

a669_thumb.jpg

a289_thumb.jpg

a201_thumb.jpg

Apparently you can dress up a baby any way you want.

I would love to see that! Now THAT would be a unique look...I'm likin' it.

However, I'm still stuck coveting your Welcome Back Kotter shirt.

Many people have died in wars started by religious zealots of various flavors. Also, there was that good ole Spanish Inquisition.

Wes, the issue of ritual sacrifice is not as simple as you make it out to be here, and it is widely debated in modern day Satanism. Most Satanists that I have read do not sacrifice "virgins" except in the metaphorical sense.

There are some groups that have been tied to disappearances and possible ritual murders, i.e. the Order of Nine Angles, but most of the people that call themselves Satanists do not engage in such practices.

But then again LaVey stated that there were conditions under which human sacrifice was acceptable for example if the person to be sacrificed was annoying enough. Just one example of why I tell people to stay away from LaVey generally speaking....

FWIW.

See http://www.globusz.com/ebooks/Satanism/00000016.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_Nine_Angles

Thats a great idea actually, sounds very comfortable also. A few years ago I went to Thailand to live as a Monk's Novice which is basically living as a Monk but you dont take the exact same amount of precepts but you shave the head and wear the robes etc and I have to say that was a very comfortable existence those saffron robes are very comfortable and its a really nice stress free life. If I werent married I would definitely become a Buddhist Monk for the rest of my life.

I would love to see that! Now THAT would be a unique look...I'm likin' it.

However, I'm still stuck coveting your Welcome Back Kotter shirt.

Its a cool one! I got it at a thrift store and it was like new but its one of the original 70s sweathog T shirts, if I find another one its yours!:crazy:

Does it scare you that people need a book or religion to be good? How come some people have to have a threat of lightning on them if they don't be nice? Shouldn't you be good anyway? Seems like they should make the right choice from the heart, not because of the God of choice. What if the Bible did not exist? Would all these people with no direction be out of control? Or would they listen to the heart and everything be fine?

Does it scare you that people need a book or religion to be good? How come some people have to have a threat of lightning on them if they don't be nice? Shouldn't you be good anyway? Seems like they should make the right choice from the heart, not because of the God of choice. What if the Bible did not exist? Would all these people with no direction be out of control? Or would they listen to the heart and everything be fine?

Good questions. I have spent most of my life trying to find the source of evil in the world to no avail. I think in many cases religion may be more of a problem than a solution but if it helps someone then I am all for it. I know alot of recovering addicts who depend on the bible and a belief in a higher power to remain clean so if thats what works for them thats ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee