VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what's funny? I just got a message via myspace from a girl who says I'm talking trash about her and I don't even remember who she is. I can copy and paste, but she's blaming me because she was on the news? WTF!?
I'd like to add that I don't think I've ever said anything actually bad about any of these people, do you guys agree?

Think she has confused you with someone else.
She did not have to be on the news....it is a personal choice.

You know what's funny? I just got a message via myspace from a girl who says I'm talking trash about her and I don't even remember who she is. I can copy and paste, but she's blaming me because she was on the news? WTF!?
I'd like to add that I don't think I've ever said anything actually bad about any of these people, do you guys agree?

Yeah, F her.

I'm going to claim though, I have a significantly better flow than Sicktanick or Razakel (while thats not saying much). Think i got a chance at a record deal?

That displays some talent at work. I don't care for the final result, but if it isn't a sample from something else, there's some pretty decent guitar work there. Sounds like someone was a huge fan of Led Zep's Over the Hills and Far Away and practiced it a lot, so it's a bit derivative, but then so were Led Zep. It also sound like a lot of contemporary christian music, which is a bit weird, but still it's competently played music.

The thing that I don't get about why anyone would listen to the SickTanicK track that piXy linked to on the previous page is that I just don't hear any talent at all there. On their road trip video where they're coming back from Michigan, Sick, Raz, 2clipz, and Kali are listening to Strap on the Side by Spice 1, which is a freaking masterpiece compared to anything I've heard from the SKR crew. They don't seem to have learned from the masters.

edited to add: If you're offend by the liberal use of words like "#$%(!@ ()#$@" then this probably isn't your cup o' tea.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TNXoH7EYWY

In that vein, how do you like my little punk boys I did up? My Asa is on the right. With the green hair. His homey Griffin there is from the UK. Now if I can get them to sing.

thanks for sharing,tapu...your kid is adorable :)

Its cool to say you like underground music sort of a statement against the mainstream and they found a group of other troubled people they can relate to and fit in with. Thats my guess. Plus these SKR folks actually party with their fans and get up close and personal whereas you cant do that with bigger bands, its very much a little myspace music cult.

Part of the cool factor is liking something that other people don't know about. Too often a band will get signed to a major label, be accused of "selling out" and have a portion of their fans turn on them. Whether the music itself changes isn't even relevant to the fans reaction. I think the fact that SKR's music will never be mainstream may even be one of the big draws. They will never have to worry about their beloved unknown music being played on the ipod of the preppy kid sitting next to them.

Oh I totally agree about that. I'm just saying that the punk rap and rock music that has gore in it also usually has a reason to include it in the songs. SKR has no reason...they just like cut off heads and stretched out intestines

What? Ever listen to gangsta rap?

Maybe no reason that you understand, but it is horrorcore after all. SKR did not invent the genre nor did they introduce violent content into this musical form.

What? Ever listen to gangsta rap?

Maybe no reason that you understand, but it is horrorcore after all. SKR did not invent the genre nor did they introduce violent content into this musical form.

Gangsta rap is focused on street violence. They kill people in gang related violence in their songs or cops that piss them off. There are some gangsta rappers that sing about violence that is set in a fictional sense..i.e. Ghetto Boys when they sing about the Chucky Doll.

This doesn't generally turn peoples stomachs like Horrorcore does.
Eminem does like to kill off his wife Kim a good bit. Thats along the lines of Horrorcore.

Gangsta rap is focused on street violence. They kill people in gang related violence in their songs or cops that piss them off. There are some gangsta rappers that sing about violence that is set in a fictional sense..i.e. Ghetto Boys when they sing about the Chucky Doll.

This doesn't generally turn peoples stomachs like Horrorcore does.
Eminem does like to kill off his wife Kim a good bit. Thats along the lines of Horrorcore.

Have you heard Eminem's track 3AM? It is horrorcore. Or maybe arguably horrorcore lite. But I have to say that I disagree here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMrBcVx33Ek

Also, FYI, some gangsta rappers are actually gang members. It is not purely fictional in all cases. The same is true for some horrorcore rappers.

Mars gives a shout out to ADR LaVey for example in his Schoolhouse Glock EP. "ADR" is a gang related appellation used by the gang the Latin Kings.

Also, FYI, some gangsta rappers are actually gang members. It is not purely fictional in all cases. The same is true for some horrorcore rappers.

Mars gives a shout out to ADR LaVey for example in his Schoolhouse Glock EP. "ADR" is a gang related appellation used by the gang the Latin Kings.

Oh I agree. They sang about stuff they've seen or stuff that they've done. I don't think that that's anything new. Gangsta Rappers go to jail for murder frequently. The fictional element I refered to is when they sing about mystical dolls killing people or other demonic type killings. They don't go into this realm very often as it's not generally a familiar topic for them. Their lyrics usually stem from personal experiences that they've experienced or heard about.

Have you heard Eminem's track 3AM? It is horrorcore. Or maybe arguably horrorcore lite. But I have to say that I disagree here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMrBcVx33Ek

Too bad em's flow on this is awful.

I remember when I was a kid and The Slim Shady LP came out. I still listen to it every now and then at the gym. THAT album had some crazy stuff on it.

ETA: wow, this makes me sound like an old man. Back in my day, rappers rapped about killing people, and you believed them!

I'm going to go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

I wonder how quickly they were invited to be 'unholy apostles'. It must have made them feel important to have their own websites to maintain and being able to talk to Raz on the phone nearly every day. They got free tickets to concerts and other free schwag too. They were more than fans, they were given jobs to do and I think that helped to make them feel loyal to the scene.

Its not even the blood, gore etc thats the turn off, I love punk rock, the problem is those SKR folks have NO TALENT AT ALL. Zero.

And what's sad is that they will continue to work at their craft, maybe even work hard (although I doubt their version of hard work and mine are different) and STILL Sam will be more famous than they ever will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwoForJoy