VA - Couple & two teens found murdered, Farmville, 15 Sept 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a little program (or a link to one) that can resize a .gif for an avatar? I've used one site for years, and it just doesn't work for me anymore! If so, please PM me ... thanks!

I agree about Downey but he wasn't in that film. It was Christian Bale.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144084/

Speaking of Downey how about Short Cuts by Robert Altman. That one is in my top 5.

No I was talking about LESS THAN ZERO Downey was great in that, I didnt mean American Psycho, you mentioned Less Than Zero and thats what prompted my Downey comment.

Short Cuts oh yea. Altman rocks too.

Hell yeah. Denis Johnson, Jay McInerny, and Tom Robbins. Keep 'em coming.

Anybody read a little gem called "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by Dave Eggers?

Never have but that sounds fascinating will look for it. My mom owns a used bookstore in Prescot so I can get just about anything I want when I go down to visit her and pops.

oh and of course Anthony Burgess' " A clockwork orange" another one of my all time favorites..
"the Hours" made me read Virginia Wolfe,she literally took my breath away,I was gasping for air ,she writes so beautifully..
I love Anne Rice (well,used to) and all 3 books by Alice Sebold.....it gave me the chills when Morgan Harrington's mother referred to her as "Lovely bones" yesterday....

...copying and pasting like mad into the best reading list ever! Must have NO ANGEL. I love those compelling true life stories.

Is the forum doing weird things tonight? And what are you all doing up so late/early? (besides Pax who has a baby :)

I work at night,Tapu asked me that the other day too....I'm always up all night and I'll probably get fired soon because I spend waaay too much time on here,they restricted facebook and myspace from us so I'm always scared Websleuths is next....plus I'm so addicted now that I log on throughout the day as well....

oh and of course Anthony Burgess' " A clockwork orange" another one of my all time favorites..
"the Hours" made me read Virginia Wolfe,she literally took my breath away,I was gasping for air ,she writes so beautifully..
I love Anne Rice (well,used to) and all 3 books by Alice Sebold.....it gave me the chills when Morgan Harrington's mother referred to her as "Lovely bones" yesterday....

I watch Clockwork Orange at least once a month, I always get something new out of it each time, great effing film.

Are any of you David Lynch fans. I am a huge Twin Peaks fan!

...copying and pasting like mad into the best reading list ever! Must have NO ANGEL. I love those compelling true life stories.

Is the forum doing weird things tonight? And what are you all doing up so late/early? (besides Pax who has a baby :)

Yea its Em's night to sleep and I sit with baby lol, he isnt sleeping well tonight so we are just sittin here waching cartoons LOL. Such is the life with a newborn.

You really need to get NO ANGEL you of everyone here will REALLY enjoy the personal look inside a dea deep cover operation and Jay did such a good job on that book, he had a nice run on the NYTs book list top 3 I think.

I work at night,Tapu asked me that the other day too....I'm always up all night and I'll probably get fired soon because I spend waaay too much time on here,they restricted facebook and myspace from us so I'm always scared Websleuths is next....plus I'm so addicted now that I log on throughout the day as well....

Do you know how to use PROXY IPs, its one way to get past those work blocks if they do end up blocking WS. I am sure you will be ok but I would sure miss you!

Like that new avatar ZIGSTER, so many pretty ladies here!

lol,my daughter tought me about the proxys,I only get really limited access in myspace and facebook though...

Yea there are different ones try different ones until you find one that works, do a google search for "Free internet proxies" and you will find a site with hundreds of them listed and try different ones out until you find the right one.

Im gonna lay down on the sofa and try and nap now see you kids later!

Do you know how to use PROXY IPs, its one way to get past those work blocks if they do end up blocking WS. I am sure you will be ok but I would sure miss you!

Like that new avatar ZIGSTER, so many pretty ladies here!

Shucks mister but that's not me...it's the celeb I'm often told I look like. I was hoping that you all would play that game with me.

Anyhoo, I WANT TO KNOW about PROXY IPs...do I just Google it?

Waaaaaawaaaaaaaawaaaaaaaaaa...well so much for a nap LOL.

Hey DM I think you WILL want to get this book when it comes out. A good friend of mine was one of the editors who worked on it and he didnt want to spoil it for me but he did say its a major mind blower and it makes some really convincing arguments that Crowley may have actually opened some portals and let some stuff in and a lot of what the world is today is because of that. Its not out yet, I have a pre order in at Amazon and I am told it should be out any time now, but check it:

Crowley+Cover+NEW+web.jpg

Paul Weston's book on Crowley. Subtitled 'from the Nazis to the atom bomb, LSD, and UFOlogy' this is lively book of fascinating connections. It is Paul Weston's surreal and hyper-real take on Crowley in connection to Babalon Working, Sirius Mystery, Stele of Revealing, psychedelic sixties, Church of Satan, Process Church of the Final Judgement, rebirth of Witchcraft, Manson murders, Thule, orgone energy, Abraxas, Mothman, Illuminati, Men in Black, Gnostic revival, Nazi Occultism, Montauk, Loch Ness monster, Necronomicon, the psychology, magick, and mysticism of Thelema, the crossing of the Abyss, secret cipher, Extra-Terrestrial Gnosis and UFOlogy.

Totally mind blowing man and I cant wait to get my greedy fingers on that baby!

Shucks mister but that's not me...it's the celeb I'm often told I look like. I was hoping that you all would play that game with me.

Anyhoo, I WANT TO KNOW about PROXY IPs...do I just Google it?

Yea google internet PROXY basically what it does is block your IP by sending you through another IP location from Korea or Germany or any other place in the world, so basically its a way to surf anonymously on the net and also gets you past blocks like at work or school. Its very simple here is one example:

http://anonymouse.org/

You open that site then copy and paste the URL of the site you want to visit and it takes you there and the site youre visiting will only see the IP of that site above and not your IP addy so youre completely hidden. Some of them make surfing a little slower but if you shop around you can find some good ones that dont. I use a proxy 24 7, if I am at a site im using a proxy because I dont want anyone knowing my real IP and logging what sites I frequent.

You can BUY a proxy program at the store and DL it on your comp then its ALWAYS there or you can just use the free ones on the net which you will find if you google "Free IP Proxy".

Here is a nice website with a whole list of FREE ONES:

http://www.prospector.cz/Free-Internet-services/Web-proxy/

CICI here is one thats supposed to be specifically for unblocking MYSPACE. Never tried it since I dont do myspace but maybe it will work for you?

2m4u.com
web proxy to unblock myspace.

As for celebs I look like I have no clue at all but I will give it some thought and see if I can come up with something for you LOL. I am sort of Brad Pittish rough around the edges type but nowhere near as sexy as he is hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz